morristown east over db in 1st round region

cok ball er51

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 23 2007 - 08:14 AM) 826385509[/snapback]I'd just like to see DB score over 50 points, win or lose.

Good news Waco, MoEast has only had like 4 or 5 games all season where they held their opponents to less than 50 pts. DB might be able to break the half-century mark.

QUOTE(TNtnns_07 @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:11 AM) 826385566[/snapback]just wait and see. Volunteer has got this one in the bag.

In Greeneville? Volunteer is giving up 10 pts off the top to home court advantage. They will have to outscore Greeneville by 20 pts in the first half to stave off the second half Greeneville attack. Greeneville adjusts better than most teams in the third. I predict Volunteer will be in SEVERE foul trouble before halftime and Duncan's boys will certainly capitalize. As they say in the IMAC, mmm-mmm, gotta love that Greeneville home-cookin'.

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:23 AM) 826385584[/snapback]In Greeneville? Volunteer is giving up 10 pts off the top to home court advantage. They will have to outscore Greeneville by 20 pts in the first half to stave off the second half Greeneville attack. Greeneville adjusts better than most teams in the third. I predict Volunteer will be in SEVERE foul trouble before halftime and Duncan's boys will certainly capitalize. As they say in the IMAC, mmm-mmm, gotta love that Greeneville home-cookin'.

how can they adjust if their boys cant mov due to the rough play ov Volunteer? I still think Big 9 all the way. Sorry Barb

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:57 AM) 826385635[/snapback]Greenville - 72

Volunteer - 45

Wiggins is a strong runner and is hard to tackle. I look for him to have over 200 yrds rushing in this one.

maybe DB can recruit him to come play on Friday nights....somehow though I get the feeling he would be turned from a 200 yard rusher into a 50 yd/game rusher at DB

QUOTE(skunk @ Feb 23 2007 - 12:52 PM) 826385902[/snapback]anybody know what Mo East likes to do offensively?...defensively?...do they run man or zone?...do they like to run?...have a good shooter (or more)?...how big are they?...do they like a halfcourt tempo game?...do they press?...standout players?

Thanks

Roll Tribe Roll

I hope they don't run a zone! TN High ran a clinic on the zone Wednesday and it is a tough nut to crack there without the outside shots falling. I hope the Indians have shaken off the cold hands.

QUOTE(TNtnns_07 @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:11 AM) 826385566[/snapback]just wait and see. Volunteer has got this one in the bag.

This isnt likely. Greeneville may be undersized (except Wiggins) but if they dont beat you down low with Wiggins, he will step outside and light you up from the 3 point arc! Woods, Gash, and Ottinger all shoot the ball well too! Only chance Volunteer has in this one is if Greeneville has a horrible night shooting the ball and Volunteer shoots 65% or better from the floor...

And yes I agree that Volunteer is a much more physical team, but let one of them run in to Anderson, he can scrap with just about anybody I have seen this year! A lot of people dont realize how important he is to this GHS team...NO-ONE comes in the lane without Anderson getting a body on them...he could quite possibly be the x-factor in how far GHS goes in the region!

bottom line? -GHS rolls past Volunteer...however if they end up against the likes of DB or SHHS in the finals...it may be another story!

I do see an upset coming tho...East or West one may just pull off an upset! Cherokee will have to play all 4 quarters well to beat SHHS, but it could happen! If they could have put 4 good quarters together this year several games may have turned out different (i.e. DB, GHS)...

Good luck to all the teams tho! It should be a great Region to watch!