WEBB

GWINNETT

4:30 PM

BAYLOR

CLEVELAND

5:00 PM

McCALLIE

BAYLOR

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Feb 23 2007 - 05:39 PM) 826386330[/snapback]I won't be there, but I really want to know how Cleveland does. They're a first year program (I think), but the word is they have a lot of good, experienced players on that team. There are even some people I've talked to that have said they could possibly make a run this year.

Went down to watch yesterday. Cleveland, Baylor and Signal Mountain all looked like first year teams. All had some talent and should get better as season goes along. Spoke with some Signal Mtn parents and they have had non TSLA team for a few years, but were hurt by losing several players to Baylor's new team.

The Gwinnett (Ga Club team) team was a surprise, much better than I thought they would be.

QUOTE(BankofDad @ Feb 25 2007 - 11:56 AM) 826388409[/snapback]Went down to watch yesterday. Cleveland, Baylor and Signal Mountain all looked like first year teams. All had some talent and should get better as season goes along. Spoke with some Signal Mtn parents and they have had non TSLA team for a few years, but were hurt by losing several players to Baylor's new team.

The Gwinnett (Ga Club team) team was a surprise, much better than I thought they would be.

how was clevland? everyone has been saying they could make a run and they have sum talent that nobody would predict. do you think they are really playoff material?

QUOTE(TheBigRedDog @ Feb 25 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826389051[/snapback]I have heard that Hamilton County is building a new high school on Signal Mountain. Is this true? If so, will the current Signal Mountain club team be absorbed by the new school? Don't most kids on Signal go to Red Bank or private schools now?

The parents I spoke to just said the team was made up of kids from different schools on or near Signal Mtn.

QUOTE(lax4life32 @ Feb 25 2007 - 01:25 PM) 826388521[/snapback]how was clevland? everyone has been saying they could make a run and they have sum talent that nobody would predict. do you think they are really playoff material?

Cleveland may surprise a few teams, they have some very good players, but they would not be my pick for a final four team. I am still picking Cookeville in the East.

Cleveland did not bad considering they had only 11 players and they got wacked by McCalie in the first game 8-0, second game was better but they still lost to Webb 3-0 in a game that really could have gone the other way if any of their shots actually hit the net. They beat Signal 6-1 and then tied Baylor 1-1. The Baylor coaches were not very happy with the breakdown that caused the tie. It should be an interesting series during the season for these two teams. They play each other twice and it could be a deciding factor later on.