Richland vs Summertown

meg25

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:33 PM) 826386716[/snapback]Congrats to both Summertown and Richland. Tonight was a great basketball game to watch.

Summertown, you are a classy group of young ladies. Keep up the great work and you should do well. Your coach had us scouted to a "T". Congrats again on the win.

Congrats to the Lady Raiders on a great season. 30 and 3. When 2 good teams play, someone has to lose. Just did not work out for you tonight. We are proud of your effort and your season. You represented Lynnville and Richland High School well. Work hard over the summer and you should come back even stronger next year.

To Richland's 2 seniors, Russell and Roper, you are both team players and can be proud of your efforts over the last few years.

Nice to meet you 7AWatcher. I am sorry I do not remember who your friend was. I know he use to coach and has a ton of basketball knowledge. Hope to see you at some other playoff games.

Congrats again to both teams. You have both had amazing seasons that you can be proud of.

The first thing i want to address is that Richland High School is not in Lynnville it only has that address just as people living in Rose Hill have Pulaski as their add. so does that mean that Rose Hill is pulaski? That school represents many communities and it is very belittling of people living in those communities to hear that Richland is in Lynnville. I plan to get this message out to anyone i can and i'm using this as a start. The second thing i would like to address is the question of why Richland did not play summertown or Collinwood during their reg. season as they usually do and maybe they could have been better prepared for this game. And the third thing i want to address is why the coach.."coach of the year".. didn't play his seniors much or at all knowing this could be the last game of their lives.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(volleyballmom07 @ Feb 24 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826387378[/snapback]The first thing i want to address is that Richland High School is not in Lynnville it only has that address just as people living in Rose Hill have Pulaski as their add. so does that mean that Rose Hill is pulaski? That school represents many communities and it is very belittling of people living in those communities to hear that Richland is in Lynnville. I plan to get this message out to anyone i can and i'm using this as a start. The second thing i would like to address is the question of why Richland did not play summertown or Collinwood during their reg. season as they usually do and maybe they could have been better prepared for this game. And the third thing i want to address is why the coach.."coach of the year".. didn't play his seniors much or at all knowing this could be the last game of their lives.

I mentioned Lynnville because that is where the school is officially located according the the state. Yes, other communities contribute to Richland's success.

You will have to discuss the schedule with the coach.

As far as the seniors, one played allot. The other did not. That was my daughter. I do not feel that she was treated fairly and I am praying about how I should address that situation. But what do you expect, the same thing happened last year with 2 very good players, Kelly Brown and Tika Jones riding the bench too. That is not to take away from the efforts of the Richland girls that did play. They played their hearts out all year and stuck by my daughter during her 3 years at Richland. They are a classy group of girls and I will supporting them next year just like I did this year. Good job Lady Raiders. I am proud of you. 30 AND 3 is great and only one team in Class A will end there season with a win. You CAN BE VERY VERY PROUD.

QUOTE(rebel100 @ Feb 24 2007 - 05:26 PM) 826387489[/snapback]sounds like 12A is dominating so far..

S'town beat Richland by 2.....Wayne beat Sante Fe by 6.........Moore ( D11 ) beat Perry by 17....... Collinwood did beat Cornersville but they kept it close at halftime.........must be a new definition of dominance

QUOTE(auntkim @ Feb 24 2007 - 06:11 PM) 826387521[/snapback]S'town beat Richland by 2.....Wayne beat Sante Fe by 6.........Moore ( D11 ) beat Perry by 17....... Collinwood did beat Cornersville but they kept it close at halftime.........must be a new definition of dominance

While it is true that 11A may have closed the gap somewhat on 12A this year, the fact remains that 12A still won three out of four first round region games. In fact, I do not believe I can remember a time when 11A has won three out of the four (if they have it has been a very long time) and I do not believe they have ever swept 12A.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 24 2007 - 03:50 PM) 826387392[/snapback]I mentioned Lynnville because that is where the school is officially located according the the state. Yes, other communities contribute to Richland's success.

You will have to discuss the schedule with the coach.

As far as the seniors, one played allot. The other did not. That was my daughter. I do not feel that she was treated fairly and I am praying about how I should address that situation. But what do you expect, the same thing happened last year with 2 very good players, Kelly Brown and Tika Jones riding the bench too. That is not to take away from the efforts of the Richland girls that did play. They played their hearts out all year and stuck by my daughter during her 3 years at Richland. They are a classy group of girls and I will supporting them next year just like I did this year. Good job Lady Raiders. I am proud of you. 30 AND 3 is great and only one team in Class A will end there season with a win. You CAN BE VERY VERY PROUD.

i would like to say that these are all direct quotes from jamieroper herself. these are not falsified i just spent about an hour reading all of her 1178 post. all i can add is i wish these were "the famous last words of a fool" How could she even think about trying to blast a coach

We came to Richland from Lauderdale County 3 years ago and every year I have heard similar stuff from some parents about how other parents are supposedly trying to get coach Hall fired. And then when I see these same parents speaking with Coach Hall, all seems fine. Also, I have never heard any of these parents who supposedly want him fired say a single negative thing about him. So if there is a problem, which I do not believe there is, it is being kept in private.

It is his team to coach and his lineup to make out. He is not going anywhere.

I can find something wrong with the coaching style of every coach I have ever been around. However, I understand that that does not make me right and them wrong.

I know that my daughter would most likely not play for anyone else. She has been through too much with ankle surgery and all to have to try to impress a new coach. She trusts him.

Thanks. My Daughter is doing well. It will now depend on how much she wants to put into it. If she will put forth the time needed, she will be able to make a contribution to the team.

Wondered when you were coming out of hibernation. I just came out myself. My daughter got her hard cast off yesterday. She still cannot put much pressure on the ankle but she is going to start conditioning this evening. Hopefully she will be able to play. If not, it is not the end of the world.

When you are the best, you do not have to tell a soul. Everyone will tell you. thumb[1].gif

Well, I have never been much of a butt kisser (maybe I should and my daughter would get to play more), however, Chad Hall at Richland has won 21 games while starting 1 senior, 3 soph. and 1 freshman. That deserves consideration.

parents should keep quite

I believe that coaching will make the difference and I give Richland the advantage there.

Heck, my daughter is on the team and we do not know yet either. We are not the best at getting information out. It could simply be that my blond daughter did not tell us. She does that. One thing I have to say about the Richland coaching staff is that they are very approachable and do not mind talking to you about anything. They are not stuck up like some coaches I have met.

QUOTE(ptguard12 @ Feb 25 2007 - 12:06 AM) 826388109[/snapback]While it is true that 11A may have closed the gap somewhat on 12A this year, the fact remains that 12A still won three out of four first round region games. In fact, I do not believe I can remember a time when 11A has won three out of the four (if they have it has been a very long time) and I do not believe they have ever swept 12A.

After my post, I realized even I think S'town will beat Moore Co on Mon........That will take care of all D11 teams

QUOTE(iknow @ Feb 25 2007 - 12:12 AM) 826388115[/snapback]i would like to say that these are all direct quotes from jamieroper herself. these are not falsified i just spent about an hour reading all of her 1178 post. all i can add is i wish these were "the famous last words of a fool" How could she even think about trying to blast a coach

We came to Richland from Lauderdale County 3 years ago and every year I have heard similar stuff from some parents about how other parents are supposedly trying to get coach Hall fired. And then when I see these same parents speaking with Coach Hall, all seems fine. Also, I have never heard any of these parents who supposedly want him fired say a single negative thing about him. So if there is a problem, which I do not believe there is, it is being kept in private.

It is his team to coach and his lineup to make out. He is not going anywhere.

I can find something wrong with the coaching style of every coach I have ever been around. However, I understand that that does not make me right and them wrong.

I know that my daughter would most likely not play for anyone else. She has been through too much with ankle surgery and all to have to try to impress a new coach. She trusts him.

Thanks. My Daughter is doing well. It will now depend on how much she wants to put into it. If she will put forth the time needed, she will be able to make a contribution to the team.

Wondered when you were coming out of hibernation. I just came out myself. My daughter got her hard cast off yesterday. She still cannot put much pressure on the ankle but she is going to start conditioning this evening. Hopefully she will be able to play. If not, it is not the end of the world.

When you are the best, you do not have to tell a soul. Everyone will tell you. thumb[1].gif

Well, I have never been much of a butt kisser (maybe I should and my daughter would get to play more), however, Chad Hall at Richland has won 21 games while starting 1 senior, 3 soph. and 1 freshman. That deserves consideration.

parents should keep quite

I believe that coaching will make the difference and I give Richland the advantage there.

Heck, my daughter is on the team and we do not know yet either. We are not the best at getting information out. It could simply be that my blond daughter did not tell us. She does that. One thing I have to say about the Richland coaching staff is that they are very approachable and do not mind talking to you about anything. They are not stuck up like some coaches I have met.

jamieroper is a he not a she. If you read all his post you would have known that.

QUOTE(ptguard12 @ Feb 25 2007 - 12:06 AM) 826388109[/snapback]While it is true that 11A may have closed the gap somewhat on 12A this year, the fact remains that 12A still won three out of four first round region games. In fact, I do not believe I can remember a time when 11A has won three out of the four (if they have it has been a very long time) and I do not believe they have ever swept 12A.

And they (12a) also manage not to go much further, we wish Summertown well the rest of the season, if not us (Richland) we hope its them.