Livingston / Smith Co. (Regions)

glover

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826389903[/snapback]#1-Kayci has an awesome chance to head to UT. I dont even know why people are trying to say that she doesnt. #2-People are talking about her beinng dominated by smaller post players...obviously this isnt happening or her numbers wouldnt look like they do. Yes she will have bad games, people only forget that she is only 14 or 15 years old! And to compare her to Candace Parker is just foolish. Parker is probably the best player that the women's game has ever seen, period. Anyone who watches the Duke women will see a future version of Kayci in the Bales girl. Kayci may not end up with the overall size, but she has the height now and about the same skill set. People need to get off of her case because i know as well as they do that they would give anything to have her on their team.

This is a good post. I agree with you on Kayci. I think after she gets alot more experience, and also I think she needs to gain a little bit more weight, she is going to be a dominate player. With good support from other teamates, she could lead Smith County to the top. Theres no telling what kind of player she will be later but looks to me like she will be a really special prospect for colleges when her time comes. Better have a big mailbox!

Wildcat 1970

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wildcat 1970 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826389926[/snapback]This is a good post. I agree with you on Kayci. I think after she gets alot more experience, and also I think she needs to gain a little bit more weight, she is going to be a dominate player. With good support from other teamates, she could lead Smith County to the top. Theres no telling what kind of player she will be later but looks to me like she will be a really special prospect for colleges when her time comes. Better have a big mailbox!

Wildcat 1970

Actually she's slimmed down a lil bit from her middle school days...maybe that's just her gettin taller though because i think she was only listed at 6'6'' last year. Now she's 6'8''...

QUOTE(Rocking Chair @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826389473[/snapback]Well if that's the case then it could be a long night for SC. I hope so anyways. I have never seen the Ferris girl play but have heard that she will be something before she's done. I don't want to bring up a bad topic but why did she leave Jackson Co? I watched Jackson Co. girls play every game in the 7A district tournament and was very impressed by how good they were as they lost 4 starters off last years team. They only have 1 senior and she is a dandy. If JC had Ferris there's not any reason they couldn't play in or win 4 state titles IMO.

She is from Smith County. She played at Forks River Elementary in the 5th grade. She was...how should I say...persuaded to go to Jackson County in the

6th grade. She says she always wanted to play for Smith County High. Now she does.

QUOTE(DaCoach @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826389493[/snapback]I agree, the big question will be if the Smith Co. guards can handle the pressure and be able to get the ball inside to Ferriss. Also I think the Lady Owls will need another player to step up and score 10 to 12 points inside to help the cause!

That's a very good assessment. SC handled the ball much better the 1st time at LA...they were atrocious at SC.

QUOTE(coachh17 @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:49 PM) 826389513[/snapback]I watched Kaci Ferris beat Station Camp and was impressed. Granted Station Camp plays basically a five guard lineup with nobody over 5'7", but Ferris was unstoppable. She probably scored 16 points on inbound lobs alone, fouled out three Station Camp defenders, and scored 30 plus points without taking a dribble. She is more than just tall. She made a variety of banks, wing jumpers, and follow ups. She also completely prevented Station Camp from getting to the basket. Take her off the floor and the Lady Bison win by 30. As Ferris' footwork and strength improve she will be an unstoppable force. I think she will have a great chance to go to UT or anywhere else in the country. She will never be the overall athlete Candace Parker is, but she may be able to dominate games like a Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain did in their day. Remember, she is just a freshman. Any program in this state would love to build their team around her. She can be as good as she wants to be.

That's a very good post. Some of the people are jealous of Kayci. She does have a chance to be a great player. Every player has limits. The person that said

smaller posts have scored on her inside must be on drugs. Gee...she's a freshman in high school. Most freshmen don't even get to dress.

QUOTE(bfan @ Feb 26 2007 - 03:26 PM) 826390274[/snapback]The Stephens girl for LA is sick, will she play tonight, this

could make for a closer game. GO LA!!!!!

I have heard she wont play. This will make for closer game because I feel Mallie is the best at stealing the ball and the best at the full court press. The other girls for LA will just have to step up. I hope this doesn't hurt the LA girls. It would be ashame to lose becuase one of their players was sick.

GOOD LUCK LADY WILDCATS GO ALL THE WAY!!!

QUOTE(LA Wildcats @ Feb 26 2007 - 03:39 PM) 826390299[/snapback]I have heard she wont play. This will make for closer game because I feel Mallie is the best at stealing the ball and the best at the full court press. The other girls for LA will just have to step up. I hope this doesn't hurt the LA girls. It would be ashame to lose becuase one of their players was sick.

GOOD LUCK LADY WILDCATS GO ALL THE WAY!!!

That's never good news when a starter doesn't get to play. Someone else needs to step up off the bench and contribute. The good thing is that we have several that can come in and play some valuable mins. Good luck Lady Cats.

This time last year Cates had to miss the Goodpasture game. A game we could have won if he had been able to play.

QUOTE(Antwan @ Feb 26 2007 - 03:04 PM) 826390249[/snapback]That's a very good post. Some of the people are jealous of Kayci. She does have a chance to be a great player. Every player has limits. The person that said

smaller posts have scored on her inside must be on drugs. Gee...she's a freshman in high school. Most freshmen don't even get to dress.

Great post Antwan. I think the important thing that people are missing is that Kayci is just a kid. She has a lot of physical and emotional maturing to do. Just like every kid her age does.

I could go on and on about things I like about her game, and things that I would like to see her improve about her game, and things that I have seen other people do better. But the bottom line it this: She is just a kid, with a lot of time to learn and grow.

I am new to this area, and I have seen a LOT of great basketball. I have been a basketball junkie for a long time. I grew up watching Earvin Johnson, and his equally talented sister Evelyn play ball. They were just the beginning of some great basketball history from my hometown. I have spent many hours watching and coaching boys and girls basketball and I can tell you that there are some very special players in this area.

I am looking forward to the next 3 years of watching Kayci -v- Karissa. Those two can learn a lot from each other. They are both D1 'cant miss' prospects, and by competing against each other they will make each other better.

Like I said, these girls are all just kids. Heck, I moved 1100 miles from home the day after I graduated HS and if I had to do it all over again, I would have done it completely different. Why, because I have learned lessons that can only come with experience. Give all of these girls some time.

Good Luck to Kayci. Like ALL HS freshman these days...she will need it.