BOLIVAR CENTRAL VS HARPETH

BIGWEBB

QUOTE(StayStrong @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:56 AM) 826391516[/snapback]Every one seems to doubt Bolivar. I smell an upset coming. You can not just keep beating a team, they will eventually get you. Take Bolivar-South Side match-ups. Bolivar kept beating them and then Southside turned the tables. Bolivar kept beating Liberty and Liberty turned the tables. All I can say is WATCH OUT LIBERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to be kidding..to set the record straight SouthSide never beat Bolivar that first year they won state.Bolivar beat them five times. That second year Bolivar and Liberty split on the regular season and Liberty lost to Humbolt in the district tourny, wich paired them with Bolivar in the regions, then liberty lost. Last year Bolivar swept the season and the district and Liberty beat them in the regional tourny,then Bolivar lost to Mitchell in the state semis. Now this year...Bolivar isnt within 10 points of being as good as Liberty, the officials are going to have to call more fouls than they did in Bolivar this year just to make it a game. The only thing they got a chance in, is breaking a sweat and gettin a run in.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HHSnumber1fan @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826392459[/snapback]Congratulations Bolivar, and Congratulations on a great season Harpeth. District Champs, District MVP, and Coach of the year. Thank you Seniors, great watching and playing with all of you.

BC and papatiger, good to meet you both. We will definately talk in future games through the years.

good to meet you HHS too! I know you're proud of your guys, they played really good tonight. See you next year. I'm sure Harpeth will have something to say about the District title each year.

QUOTE(Hoops1stLuv14 @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:05 PM) 826392475[/snapback]You've got to be kidding..to set the record straight SouthSide never beat Bolivar that first year they won state.Bolivar beat them five times. That second year Bolivar and Liberty split on the regular season and Liberty lost to Humbolt in the district tourny, wich paired them with Bolivar in the regions, then liberty lost. Last year Bolivar swept the season and the district and Liberty beat them in the regional tourny,then Bolivar lost to Mitchell in the state semis. Now this year...Bolivar isnt within 10 points of being as good as Liberty, the officials are going to have to call more fouls than they did in Bolivar this year just to make it a game. The only thing they got a chance in, is breaking a sweat and gettin a run in.

QUOTE(HHSnumber1fan @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826392459[/snapback]Congratulations Bolivar, and Congratulations on a great season Harpeth. District Champs, District MVP, and Coach of the year. Thank you Seniors, great watching and playing with all of you.

BC and papatiger, good to meet you both. We will definately talk in future games through the years.

Hey HHS#1fan......I sat and watched ya'll from across the court......ya'll do a pretty good show. I started to come over and meet you, but it was crowded. Maybe next time.

PA, here are the Region 5AA Semifinal Results tonight:

Pearl Cohn: 65

MLK: 60

Giles Co.: 47

CPA: 41

Pearl Cohn vs Giles Co. on Thursday night for the Region 5AA Championship. The winner of that one will host Bolivar Central next Monday night in the Sectional. The loser will travel to Jackson to play Liberty Tech Magnet next Monday night in the Sectional.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:36 PM) 826392651[/snapback]PA, here are the Region 5AA Semifinal Results tonight:

Pearl Cohn: 65

MLK: 60

Giles Co.: 47

CPA: 41

Pearl Cohn vs Giles Co. on Thursday night for the Region 5AA Championship. The winner of that one will host Bolivar Central next Monday night in the Sectional. The loser will travel to Jackson to play Liberty Tech Magnet next Monday night in the Sectional.

How would you pick between the two. You have probably told me......I can't remember, I'm looging in quite a few frequent flyer miles this week between here and Waverly......2 more to go. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'll take Pearl Cohn because of their overall athleticism and size not to mention that they have many guys playing basketball that played football in the fall. What does that matter????? They know the pressure of being in a deep postseason run already from back in the fall and after finally getting the MLK "monkey off their backs" I'm sure the Firebirds will beat Giles Co. in a close one. I do know that a Bolivar Central at Giles Co. Sectional Game would be a great one though and I wonder if the 2003 Classic would be relived /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(Big Country @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:47 PM) 826392666[/snapback]I'll take Pearl Cohn because of their overall athleticism and size not to mention that they have many guys playing basketball that played football in the fall. What does that matter????? They know the pressure of being in a deep postseason run already from back in the fall and after finally getting the MLK "monkey off their backs" I'm sure the Firebirds will beat Giles Co. in a close one. I do know that a Bolivar Central at Giles Co. Sectional Game would be a great one though and I wonder if the 2003 Classic would be relived /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

That one would be a good one to see.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Feb 28 2007 - 01:47 AM) 826392666[/snapback]I'll take Pearl Cohn because of their overall athleticism and size not to mention that they have many guys playing basketball that played football in the fall. What does that matter????? They know the pressure of being in a deep postseason run already from back in the fall and after finally getting the MLK "monkey off their backs" I'm sure the Firebirds will beat Giles Co. in a close one. I do know that a Bolivar Central at Giles Co. Sectional Game would be a great one though and I wonder if the 2003 Classic would be relived /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

boy just the talk of that 2003 game makes the boil would love to get them here for a game but thats not likely to happen i anticipate us visiting pearl cohn just a guess

If Coach Rudesill gets THIS team back to M'boro, it will be his greatest coaching accomplishment while at Bolivar. This team was picked by some to finish 4th or 5th in D-12, and with good reason. Bolivar's team is really made up of middle school players (freshmen) and JV players (sophs) that most thought might make it back to substate in 2009. I am very excited about out future. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />