best pitchers in west tennessee

rebels19

QUOTE(bballislife32 @ Mar 4 2007 - 02:56 PM) 826399484[/snapback]Gavin Lindsey-liberty

I still say Clint Kee from McKenzie. I've seen some great games this past summer at Memphis State and in Florida. He traveled with my son on the Tennessee Stars. He is only a Junior but he can strike the best out.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Redeemed @ Mar 5 2007 - 05:01 AM) 826400152[/snapback]I still say Clint Kee from McKenzie. I've seen some great games this past summer at Memphis State and in Florida. He traveled with my son on the Tennessee Stars. He is only a Junior but he can strike the best out.

kee is very good (oh man mckenzie is loaded more than people thought)

QUOTE(cptjack34 @ Feb 28 2007 - 06:18 PM) 826393767[/snapback]preston overbey-usj

logan poore-mckenzie

bugs smith-mckenzie

clayton gant-usj

ryan McPherson-jcm

josh lindsey-liberty

all are great pitchers and all will play d-1 ball,this is not in any order just how i could think of them

Overby and Gant probably sign d1. The rest have a long way to go before d-1 pitching prospects.

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ Mar 5 2007 - 01:33 PM) 826400630[/snapback]Overby and Gant probably sign d1. The rest have a long way to go before d-1 pitching prospects.

I agree Newstang. Even those two need to continue to improve. The rest are really good high school pitchers, and may get shots at the next level, but probably not D1. D1 pitching is really,really exceptional. That being said, any of them, and more, could eventually make it to the big leagues someday. There is a lot of growing and developing that can happen between 16 and 24. So pichers, never give up if that is your dream. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ Mar 5 2007 - 01:33 PM) 826400630[/snapback]Overby and Gant probably sign d1. The rest have a long way to go before d-1 pitching prospects.

well ithink all canl play d-1 i have watched each and everyone of them and all of the pitchers named will have alot of learning to do because they are still very young.but i think they can all play d-1 they all still have alot of growing to do and they will only get better and the ones named and a few others that were not named could turn out to be one of the best crop of players to come out of tennessee in a long time.only time will tell but i think some of the players will surprise everyone.

QUOTE(pitching scout @ Mar 6 2007 - 07:09 AM) 826401776[/snapback]I would also like to add that I too have seen Clint Kee pitch while playing in jackson fall ball and I seen some games in the 18u travel ball this last summer. I was very impressed with his patience on the mound. I've seen him get bad calls or fielders making errors to load the bases with no outs and come back and strike the next 3 out to get out of the inning. he has movement on his fastball that will fool some of the best. His curveball also will leave you wondering as your headed back to the dugout. I am going to predict a good year for him and mckenzie and I expect him to be one of the top pitchers in west tn. and possibly the whole state his senior year if he continues to work hard.

ok my list of top pitchers in tennessee are

preston overbey-usj

logan poore-mckenzie

clayton gant-usj

matt haynes-liberty

buggs-smith-mckenzie

josh lindsey-liberty

ryan McPherson-jcm

clint kee-mckenzie

they are not in any order and i know i have missed many so feel free to ad any

QUOTE(cptjack34 @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:03 AM) 826401821[/snapback]ok my list of top pitchers in tennessee are

preston overbey-usj

logan poore-mckenzie

clayton gant-usj

matt haynes-liberty

buggs-smith-mckenzie

josh lindsey-liberty

ryan McPherson-jcm

clint kee-mckenzie

they are not in any order and i know i have missed many so feel free to ad any

spencer clifft- huntingdon ( walters state signee)

cody crocker- huntingdon

gavin lindsey- liberty

jeremy "smoke" stack-madison (if they don't kill his arm at madison, could be the most dominant pitcher in 08, barring none)

QUOTE(volsfan2325 @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:59 AM) 826402178[/snapback]2 problems I do not agree with you on... or two people* Matt Haynes and Logan Poore. In my opinion, I do not think he is that good, Im saying this because both of these pitchers pitched against my team last year, and someone told me that Logan only started one game last year, and taht was vs. Trinity, and well ofcourse, i play for them.. but I mean, he wasnt very good at all, and Matt wasnt that good either.. but again, these are in my opinion. But i have a question, why would you say Logan is one of the best pitchers, but he only pitched 1 game last season??

Liberty did not play Trinity last year so Haynes could not have pitched against them. He is one of the best sophomores in this area and should have a good season. I'm not going to make crazy claims that he is "D-1" like I am some sort of expert. But he is a talented sophomore and has as good a chance as anyone else on the list. Most of these guys will not be "D-1", but some may have that potential. Unless they are a senior or maybe a junior, there is along way from good HS pitcher to D-1. Good luck to all on the "list" and all not on the list as well.

QUOTE(cptjack34 @ Mar 6 2007 - 06:59 PM) 826402698[/snapback]come on ladd you play for jcm so dont be hating just because logan is not at jcm anymore you two were friends and you know the only reason logan did not pitch that many games was because he had shoulder surgery oh but dont worry he is back at full strength and will have good season with new team in mckenzie we put alot of time in at jcm and it is bad for you to get on here and try to run him down. and you also you did not even play against matt haynes so how can you judge him as i said both are top pitchers and time will tell you that.i have done nothing but talk you up here on coach t but i can see what kind of friend you are.

CECIL NOO!!! this is me!! haha. man, i read this and i had to creat an account to tell you. i didnt have an account, that was someone else! i told u i only got on here 2 read stuff, so cecil, no! that is not me! this is me.

so volsfan2325 or whatever, please delete all of those, i dont want people thinking that is me!

dang, it took me forever to do this ugh.. but no cecil, this is my account. im prolly goin 2 delete it tho, i dont get on coacht much nemore, but u have to believe me, that is NOT me!

QUOTE(JoseWales @ Mar 5 2007 - 02:59 PM) 826400740[/snapback]I agree Newstang. Even those two need to continue to improve. The rest are really good high school pitchers, and may get shots at the next level, but probably not D1. D1 pitching is really,really exceptional. That being said, any of them, and more, could eventually make it to the big leagues someday. There is a lot of growing and developing that can happen between 16 and 24. So pichers, never give up if that is your dream. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

You are EXACTLY right!!! I just got done reading a great book about pitching and those were almost the exact words of the last sentence...and i dont intend on giving it up AT ALL! -josh

(Top 08 pitchers) In the West

Jeremy "smoke" Stack-madison big players with strong arm

Blake Burke.-Huntingdon. He has enough junk to keep batters guessing

Clayton Gant. USJ Hard thrower. I still say he will be a middle infielder in college.

Will Irwin-Bolivar. Better watch him. He will be in college somewhere.

Craig Lawrance-Union City. Fast ball after fast ball. WOW.

Tyree Jeffries- Jackson SouthSide. Also big pitcher. Big upside to this player.

Tyler Childress-Dyersburg. Best Left handed pitchers in 2008 Class

Gavin Lindsey- Liberty..Liberty has a good chance to win this year when he's on the mound

And I'm Not a dad to any of these players at least I don't think so. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Blue and Gold @ Mar 8 2007 - 02:13 PM) 826405037[/snapback](Top 08 pitchers) In the West

jeremy "smoke" stack-madison big players with strong arm

Blake Burke.-Huntingdon. He has enough junk to keep batters guessing

Clayton Gant. USJ Hard thrower. I still say he will be a middle infielder in college.

Will Irwin-Bolivar. Better watch him. He will be in college somewhere.

Craig Lawrance-Union City. Fast ball after fast ball. WOW.

Tyree Jeffries- Jackson SouthSide. Also big pitcher. Big upside to this player.

Tyler Childress- Best Left handed pitchers in 2008 Class

And I'm Not a dad to any of these players at least I don't think so. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Alex Lewis, Cole Dickerson, Tyler Childress, Scotty Rogers - Dyersburg Trojans