Tennessee high VS. Science Hill Round 4

b_ball_fan2005

QUOTE(hightop @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:58 PM) 826393267[/snapback]Why would Central move down, we beat DB and SH during the regular season. The same 2 teams that are still in the hunt. Why are you such a big supporter of TH football and basketball, "remember I know your name". I don't recall that name on the roster this year or last. Do you have a cheerleader on the squad?

You know I started to answer your question another way, because I know your just trying to be a smart-donkey /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" …but what the heck…I have no shame in my game. My oldest son graduated this past year from THS and now attends College. He was born when I was 19 years old and his mother and I never married. My youngest son was 3 years old when his mother and I met and 6 years old when we married, and he has his biological fathers’ name. This is the fourth consecutive year that someone in my household has held down the starting point guard position at THS. My dogs name is MOJO (black Staffordshire Terrier). My favorite color is green. I don’t eat my vegetables, and I just started taking high blood pressure medicine last year. Oh yah…I don’t like boxers or briefs but prefer boxerbreifs. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:42 PM) 826393555[/snapback]I don’t eat my vegetables, and I just started taking high blood pressure medicine last year. Oh yah…I don’t like boxers or briefs but prefer boxerbreifs. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Cap

you really should eat your veggies...may help that high blood pressure too /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:42 PM) 826393555[/snapback]You know I started to answer your question another way, because I know your just trying to be a smart-donkey /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" …but what the heck…I have no shame in my game. My oldest son graduated this past year from THS and now attends College. He was born when I was 19 years old and his mother and I never married. My youngest son was 3 years old when his mother and I met and 6 years old when we married, and he has his biological fathers’ name. This is the fourth consecutive year that someone in my household has held down the starting point guard position at THS. My dogs name is MOJO (black Staffordshire Terrier). My favorite color is green. I don’t eat my vegetables, and I just started taking high blood pressure medicine last year. Oh yah…I don’t like boxers or briefs but prefer boxerbreifs. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The heck with the veggies, i need an adult beverage to eradicate the image of Cap in boxerbriefs from my mind...thanks Cap...although we do share a favorite color. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Cougarfan22 @ Feb 28 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826393422[/snapback]Well are you saying every team needs one standout player instead of everyone contributing equally?

Put it this way...If I could have a team of say...five Omar Wattads or five Wiggins that would be great but the fact of the matter is that’s probably not possible. The bottom line whether we like it or not…ALL MEN ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL!!! You know who your players are and as a coach you should put the ball in their hands as much as possible if you want to win the Big One regardless of whose feelings or whose parent’s feelings will be hurt. And in return that player will sense when his team is in trouble…step up and make the points or make the plays to bring his team back into contention. This concept is only hard to understand if you yourself road the bench or was somehow in the shadows of a better player when you competed. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(skunk @ Feb 28 2007 - 02:43 PM) 826393448[/snapback]Cap,

I am not about being politically correct (and I have many references to prove that), I am merely a product of Coach Van Huss and his philosophy of team sports that "if you are worried about your individual achievements there are plenty of sports to play at D-B, like golf and tennis, but don't play doubles, 'cause somebody else will be depending on you"...and yes we all have the right to say what we want, but it doesn't make any of us right..

And with the game on the line I want the ball in Throp's hands, because I know for certain all five players will have an opportunity to get the ball...the entire floor will be seen and the open player will get the ball...

If it were the Vikings, I'd want it in Young's hands for the same reason...

Roll Tribe Roll

I respect you and your answer Skunk. But I have to say that with players like Wattad or Wiggins, the team comes way before any of their personal stats...would you agree? These two are the type of players that I refer to as "go-to guys". They have the mindset to do whatever it takes for their team to get the win, AND have the skill to take over and win it for their team if necessary. But for this to happen both your teammates and your coach have to believe in you.

Throp is a good choice but I would still go with Sylvester. Mainly for the same reasons you picked Josef, but Justin has already (as a sophomore) shown that he can hit the big shot when the pressure is on. Matter of opinion….right? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(HShoopsfan @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:34 PM) 826393548[/snapback]WELL If I'm not mistaken, Sullivan Central won the Distirct Championship last year while you all got sent home the first game of the tourney... if you need a reminder they still have the trophy sitting in their trophy case.... "DISTRICT TITLE IS HERE TO STAY FROM NOW ON!" HA PLEASE next year is a new year... the glory doesn't last forever and I believe the Cougars are a prime example of that. They'll be back though...

This is not last year. You do realize that last years success for Central will probably have to last you for the next decade or so. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 04:32 PM) 826393641[/snapback]This is not last year. You do realize that last years success for Central will probably have to last you for the next decade or so. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

TN High's success will keep going as long as there is an Arby's Classic and Bahama trips.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 04:26 PM) 826393628[/snapback]I respect you and your answer Skunk. But I have to say that with players like Wattad or Wiggins, the team comes way before any of their personal stats...would you agree? These two are the type of players that I refer to as "go-to guys". They have the mindset to do whatever it takes for their team to get the win, AND have the skill to take over and win it for their team if necessary. But for this to happen both your teammates and your coach have to believe in you.

Throp is a good choice but I would still go with Sylvester. Mainly for the same reasons you picked Josef, but Justin has already (as a sophomore) shown that he can hit the big shot when the pressure is on. Matter of opinion….right? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Cap,

I respect your opinion...and again, don't think it is wrong...but just think how good Wattad and Wiggins would be and dangerous with a guard like Throp to bring them the ball, so that they don't have to do everything...Sensabaugh, Throp, and Williamson all hit game winner type shots as sophmores and juniors and now as seniors, as well...as has Sylvester this year (Blackwell and Edwards have, too) and the reason they can is because they don't have to...there are options...add Wiggins to the Vikings, he doesn't have to hit the three or have to post up, but being able to and having that someone to bring it to him makes him and everyone else more dangerous...that is what I see at D-B, at least six guys capable and the other guys all know it and believe...that is a Coach Van Hussism, too...and a Coach Morganism, as well: everyone believes in each other and thus everyone busts their respective butts to support the other guy...

You have too have guys who want the opportunity to make a play...we do and they have...

Good luck with the NAIA Tournament.

Roll Tribe Roll

I'm not sure what "it's not yours...yet!" means. As for your thoughts on the post season, I'm much more concerned about beating the Hill tomorrow night because of the ramifications of history. Yeah, we beat 'em twice this year, but I remain consistent about what post season play means. If they beat us, they are the Region Champs, not us. The only way then to one-up them would be to win our sub-state game on the road and have them lose at home. Or, have us tear it up at the state tournament (which is highly unlikely). I don't know who has won regular season or district tournament titles over the last 5 years. What I do know is that D-B is carrying a pretty good rep right now because we are making a regualar appearance in the sub-state/state tourney and the once dominant Science Hill is not. That's important to a D-B fan.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826393337[/snapback]Whether DB had a better season this year or not is simply an opinion at this point, but one thing that is a fact is that the Vikings are undisputed District Champions…and all your babbling isn’t going to change that! Not saying that it will happen but if you loose tonight and loose your sectional...what have you truly gaind with your extended season but two losses. Do you think anyone will remember that in 5 years? And you can keep your crusty hands off that trophy because it’s not yours…yet! Look…if it makes you feel bigger (I mean better), DB outmanned the Vikings in every category this year. To be honest…the only thing I can come up with as a reason that we beat you in the tournament is that our players must have wanted it more than yours!! It wasn’t necessarily skill or luck or the refs …the Vikings just simply dug deeper and made more plays! And that scenario played out once again last night against Science Hill…just not in our favor this time.

QUOTE(skunk @ Feb 28 2007 - 05:13 PM) 826393676[/snapback]Cap,

I respect your opinion...and again, don't think it is wrong...but just think how good Wattad and Wiggins would be and dangerous with a guard like Throp to bring them the ball, so that they don't have to do everything...Sensabaugh, Throp, and Williamson all hit game winner type shots as sophmores and juniors and now as seniors, as well...as has Sylvester this year (Blackwell and Edwards have, too) and the reason they can is because they don't have to...there are options...add Wiggins to the Vikings, he doesn't have to hit the three or have to post up, but being able to and having that someone to bring it to him makes him and everyone else more dangerous...that is what I see at D-B, at least six guys capable and the other guys all know it and believe...that is a Coach Van Hussism, too...and a Coach Morganism, as well: everyone believes in each other and thus everyone busts their respective butts to support the other guy...

You have too have guys who want the opportunity to make a play...we do and they have...

Good luck with the NAIA Tournament.

Roll Tribe Roll

I can't argue with that, but most teams don't have it like the Indians do this year. Case and point Greeneville. Imagine if they didn't get the ball to Wiggins as much as they do. If they tried to spread the love, would they have been as successful as they were this year.

By the way thanks....we have been very blessed this year. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 04:11 PM) 826393596[/snapback]Put it this way...If I could have a team of say...five Omar Wattads or five Wiggins that would be great but the fact of the matter is that’s probably not possible. The bottom line whether we like it or not…ALL MEN ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL!!! You know who your players are and as a coach you should put the ball in their hands as much as possible if you want to win the Big One regardless of whose feelings or whose parent’s feelings will be hurt. And in return that player will sense when his team is in trouble…step up and make the points or make the plays to bring his team back into contention. This concept is only hard to understand if you yourself road the bench or was somehow in the shadows of a better player when you competed. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well see im not disputing having a go to guy, but what Im saying is that the way TH played is good because they dont have players the size of wiggins and Omar. They have big players but those players cant handle the ball too.

QUOTE(brock20 @ Feb 28 2007 - 05:11 PM) 826393673[/snapback]TN High's success will keep going as long as there is an Arby's Classic and Bahama trips.

So your saying if they decide to go back to Alaska instead of the Bahamas then they wont win anymore? you must be an idiot for blaming all games on refs