Tennessee high VS. Science Hill Round 4

b_ball_fan2005

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:50 AM) 826393029[/snapback]Skunk I??™m not really sure what you??™re talking about. I never mean any contempt toward any player on any team! You wouldn??™t happen to be trying to twist my words would you??¦that would be very uncharacteristic of you. If you are referring to the ???messiah??? thing...that is pointed directly to those fans that feel that Coty is the only reason this team is now competitive. Could it be any more obvious that this is not the case than it is now? Although Coty provided a much needed boost of confidence for the team??¦the man on that team is, has been, and will be for the next three years??¦JUSTIN SYLVESTER!! He has played a key role in MANY of the DB victories this year and deserves the credit. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

And yes??¦MANY DB fans make many excuses anytime they loose a game. You don??™t have to take my word for it, that fact is supported by many posts all over these threads.

Cap,

I am not twisting anything, I think the "messiah" line is directed at a player not at the fans, but, I will except your explanation.

Looking for "the" man is the biggest problem with team sports today...The fact of the matter for D-B is that they are a team...and Sensabaugh, Throp, Williamson, Blackwell, Sylvester, Edwards, and others have been high point man, had double doubles, hit big shots, made big steals, blocked key shots, played great defense, made a great pass...a team...just like your Vikings...a team...that is what it is all about, functioning together...each person having a role to fill and giving the effort to accomplish that...not looking for credit, but doing the work to accomplish the task...and on any given night the role may increase or diminish in it's visible importance, but the job is still there to do...everyone on the team is "the" man on this D-B team.

And yes, many D-B fans make excuses, many don't...same is true for all the schools people get on here and talk about...I think you used a more encompassing term than "many".

The Vikings did great things this year...true heartfelt congratulations go out to all the players, coaches, and fans on a great year...Coach Witcher should be the Big 9 Coach of the Year, in my opinion.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:43 PM) 826392548[/snapback]/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> sorry to dissapoint there cap...hy come onout and watch Thursday though /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I have to admit I was very disappointed with the Vikings performance last night…lets face it…the Cinderella season is over!! Congratulations to the Vikings for a great season that exceeded all of my expectations (and obviously everybody else’s)! Although it would have been great to beat the Toppers again and get another chance at DB…I feel confident that the two best teams in this Region are playing Thursday night. I’d like to give a shout out to Matt Layton, Josh Rose, Justin Seymore and Matt Fleenor the Viking senior starters. M. Fleenor…you will probably never get the credit for your contribution to this year’s team, but some of us know. Coach Roby Witcher hasn’t shown that he is willing to give credit to individuals. He somehow has convinced himself that not having a standout player “go-to guy” is a good thing, but that’s another thread…sorry for the sidebar. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I’d also like to give a shout out to some of my favorites Omar, Throp, Coty, Hess, Wiggins, and I’m sure there are many more but these are the seniors that have impressed me the most throughout the years!!! Good luck to all of you. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Exactly as I told you last week Cap. I said then that if Tennessee High was still playing and D-B was at home, then I would readily admit that the Vikes had the better year. That's because I've watched this too long and I really had a feeling of what was coming. I believe my exact quote was "by the way, we aren't afraid of that Greeneville team that Science Hill beat by 29 points". By the way, that District Championship trophy you are referring to is sitting in the activities office at Dobyns-Bennett.....I've seen it. You have a tourney trophy that meant you were good at home for 3 days and an overtime. Enjoy it, be proud of it, but don't kid yourself. In "5 or 10 years" people will remember Sub-state teams and State Tourney teams......fact!

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826393044[/snapback]Yah…you may get to play a few more games this year, but if you don’t win a championship…who’s going to care, or for that matter who will even know 5 or 10 years down the road. Don’t get me wrong…I would love to still be in the hunt, but the District Title is there to stay…from now on!!! And if anybody forgets…we have a reminder sitting in the trophy case. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:14 AM) 826393063[/snapback]What “boys” are you referring too…and yes I admit, Science Hill is better than we are this year and that is cool as long as we were able to smack Central around the two times we played.

I think you need yet another little refresher brock...

Tue Dec. 19 2006 THS-52, Sullivan Central-32

Fri Feb. 2 2007 THS-53, Sullivan Central-49

If I’m not mistaken, it’s about time for you guys to drop back down to AA again because it seems your brief time of being able to compete with the big boys is over. It’s got to be hard trying to come on here and talk trash when you’re a Central fan. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Why would Central move down, we beat DB and SH during the regular season. The same 2 teams that are still in the hunt. Why are you such a big supporter of TH football and basketball, "remember I know your name". I don't recall that name on the roster this year or last. Do you have a cheerleader on the squad?

QUOTE(skunk @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:27 AM) 826393091[/snapback]Cap,

I am not twisting anything, I think the "messiah" line is directed at a player not at the fans, but, I will except your explanation.

Looking for "the" man is the biggest problem with team sports today...The fact of the matter for D-B is that they are a team...and Sensabaugh, Throp, Williamson, Blackwell, Sylvester, Edwards, and others have been high point man, had double doubles, hit big shots, made big steals, blocked key shots, played great defense, made a great pass...a team...just like your Vikings...a team...that is what it is all about, functioning together...each person having a role to fill and giving the effort to accomplish that...not looking for credit, but doing the work to accomplish the task...and on any given night the role may increase or diminish in it's visible importance, but the job is still there to do...everyone on the team is "the" man on this D-B team.

And yes, many D-B fans make excuses, many don't...same is true for all the schools people get on here and talk about...I think you used a more encompassing term than "many".

The Vikings did great things this year...true heartfelt congratulations go out to all the players, coaches, and fans on a great year...Coach Witcher should be the Big 9 Coach of the Year, in my opinion.

Roll Tribe Roll

Skunk I can appreciate your willingness to spread the love…I’m sure some of the politically correct fans will admire you forever for that post. But I’m not one of them. I’m not running for office nor do I care what ANYBOBY thinks about what I say…here in America that is called freedom of speech! I simply call it like I see it and you have the right to agree or disagree.

Hypothetical question…after seeing this years team and this years team alone….who’s hands do you want the ball in if the game is on the line. Now I don’t expect to get a straight answer from a politician like you…but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

QUOTE(skunk @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:27 AM) 826393091[/snapback]The Vikings did great things this year...true heartfelt congratulations go out to all the players, coaches, and fans on a great year...Coach Witcher should be the Big 9 Coach of the Year, in my opinion.

I agree 100%...he did a tremendous job but then again TN High has always had teams that accomplished a lot through great fundamentals and coaching...I think that has proven out in the fact they have won 3 of the last 4 district titles. there hasn't been much if any loss from Burns to Wicher. And that zone aint pretty to watch but is tough to beat.

Congrats to the Vikes on a great season

QUOTE(Stonewall @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:51 PM) 826393245[/snapback]Exactly as I told you last week Cap. I said then that if Tennessee High was still playing and D-B was at home, then I would readily admit that the Vikes had the better year. That's because I've watched this too long and I really had a feeling of what was coming. I believe my exact quote was "by the way, we aren't afraid of that Greeneville team that Science Hill beat by 29 points". By the way, that District Championship trophy you are referring to is sitting in the activities office at Dobyns-Bennett.....I've seen it. You have a tourney trophy that meant you were good at home for 3 days and an overtime. Enjoy it, be proud of it, but don't kid yourself. In "5 or 10 years" people will remember Sub-state teams and State Tourney teams......fact!

Whether DB had a better season this year or not is simply an opinion at this point, but one thing that is a fact is that the Vikings are undisputed District Champions…and all your babbling isn’t going to change that! Not saying that it will happen but if you loose tonight and loose your sectional...what have you truly gaind with your extended season but two losses. Do you think anyone will remember that in 5 years? And you can keep your crusty hands off that trophy because it’s not yours…yet! Look…if it makes you feel bigger (I mean better), DB outmanned the Vikings in every category this year. To be honest…the only thing I can come up with as a reason that we beat you in the tournament is that our players must have wanted it more than yours!! It wasn’t necessarily skill or luck or the refs …the Vikings just simply dug deeper and made more plays! And that scenario played out once again last night against Science Hill…just not in our favor this time.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:24 PM) 826393191[/snapback]I have to admit I was very disappointed with the Vikings performance last night…lets face it…the Cinderella season is over!! Congratulations to the Vikings for a great season that exceeded all of my expectations (and obviously everybody else’s)! Although it would have been great to beat the Toppers again and get another chance at DB…I feel confident that the two best teams in this Region are playing Thursday night. I’d like to give a shout out to Matt Layton, Josh Rose, Justin Seymore and Matt Fleenor the Viking senior starters. M. Fleenor…you will probably never get the credit for your contribution to this year’s team, but some of us know. Coach Roby Witcher hasn’t shown that he is willing to give credit to individuals. He somehow has convinced himself that not having a standout player “go-to guy” is a good thing, but that’s another thread…sorry for the sidebar. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I’d also like to give a shout out to some of my favorites Omar, Throp, Coty, Hess, Wiggins, and I’m sure there are many more but these are the seniors that have impressed me the most throughout the years!!! Good luck to all of you. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well are you saying every team needs one standout player instead of everyone contributing equally?

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 01:06 PM) 826393286[/snapback]Skunk I can appreciate your willingness to spread the love…I’m sure some of the politically correct fans will admire you forever for that post. But I’m not one of them. I’m not running for office nor do I care what ANYBOBY thinks about what I say…here in America that is called freedom of speech! I simply call it like I see it and you have the right to agree or disagree.

Hypothetical question…after seeing this years team and this years team alone….who’s hands do you want the ball in if the game is on the line. Now I don’t expect to get a straight answer from a politician like you…but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Cap,

I am not about being politically correct (and I have many references to prove that), I am merely a product of Coach Van Huss and his philosophy of team sports that "if you are worried about your individual achievements there are plenty of sports to play at D-B, like golf and tennis, but don't play doubles, 'cause somebody else will be depending on you"...and yes we all have the right to say what we want, but it doesn't make any of us right..

And with the game on the line I want the ball in Throp's hands, because I know for certain all five players will have an opportunity to get the ball...the entire floor will be seen and the open player will get the ball...

If it were the Vikings, I'd want it in Young's hands for the same reason...

Roll Tribe Roll

QUOTE(skunk @ Feb 28 2007 - 02:43 PM) 826393448[/snapback]Cap,

I am not about being politically correct (and I have many references to prove that), I am merely a product of Coach Van Huss and his philosophy of team sports that "if you are worried about your individual achievements there are plenty of sports to play at D-B, like golf and tennis, but don't play doubles, 'cause somebody else will be depending on you"...and yes we all have the right to say what we want, but it doesn't make any of us right..

And with the game on the line I want the ball in Throp's hands, because I know for certain all five players will have an opportunity to get the ball...the entire floor will be seen and the open player will get the ball...

If it were the Vikings, I'd want it in Young's hands for the same reason...

Roll Tribe Roll

Ditto. I wrote on another post that I would have liked to have JT or JS at the line. CS was very cold last night shooting and did not need to be the one with the ball. Maybe it was a senior thing and Coach wanted CS to shoulder it. If so, next game I would put it in JT's hands. He hit a big 3 at the end of the game when they needed it.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826393337[/snapback]To be honest…the only thing I can come up with as a reason that we beat you in the tournament is that our players must have wanted it more than yours!! It wasn’t necessarily skill or luck or the refs …the Vikings just simply dug deeper and made more plays!

I agree...the Vikings outplayed the pack during the district tourney...last night they played just as hard last night but SH made some shots they didn't make last week.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826393044[/snapback]District Title is there to stay…from now on!!! And if anybody forgets…we have a reminder sitting in the trophy case. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:14 AM) 826393063[/snapback]What “boys” are you referring too…and yes I admit, Science Hill is better than we are this year and that is cool as long as we were able to smack Central around the two times we played.

I think you need yet another little refresher brock...

Tue Dec. 19 2006 THS-52, Sullivan Central-32

Fri Feb. 2 2007 THS-53, Sullivan Central-49

If I’m not mistaken, it’s about time for you guys to drop back down to AA again because it seems your brief time of being able to compete with the big boys is over. It’s got to be hard trying to come on here and talk trash when you’re a Central fan. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

WELL If I'm not mistaken, Sullivan Central won the Distirct Championship last year while you all got sent home the first game of the tourney... if you need a reminder they still have the trophy sitting in their trophy case.... "DISTRICT TITLE IS HERE TO STAY FROM NOW ON!" HA PLEASE next year is a new year... the glory doesn't last forever and I believe the Cougars are a prime example of that. They'll be back though...