Franklin/McGavock

Jim Harrick

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the advice, but I'll comment anyway.

I think Harrick hit the nail on the head by saying the key will be to stop the McGavock duo of Don Woods and JaQuan Kilcrease. Woods is a lights-out shooter and Kilcrease can take you inside and out. Beyond that however, they really don't have anyone else that can step up on a nightly basis (insert Centennial related joke here). Those 10 three pointers killed Franklin last time, and I don't know if that was a result of weak pressure or just guys missing their assignments. But whatever it was, I guarantee you Johnson will not let that happen again. After looking a little sluggish the past few weeks of the season, Franklin really stepped it up in the District tournament. As long as Franklin uses their inside advantage, I think they should be able to take this game somewhere in the range of 6-10 points.

QUOTE(Jim Harrick @ Feb 25 2007 - 07:49 AM) 826388222[/snapback]Revenge time for the rebels after the earlier "30 foot bank shot" at the buzzer

CHS: no comments please,,,,,you are done

Anybody else,,,how do we see this game playing out.

My Advice,,,stop Kilcrease and Woods

Franklin does a great job of adjusting when it comes to the second and even third times around. They do an even better job when it is a team they have played recently. With the last game against this team not too far behind them i think they can make the right adjustments and pull this one away. It will probably be close but i predict franklin to pull away in the 4th and take the W.

I've followed antioch, mcgavoc, and whites creek all year and i know it to be true that antioch has the big men, whites creek has the superb guard play and Mc Gavoc can go deep to a tenth man on their bench and be very comfortable on the court.

at times i has hurt them not knowing who is going to be that third scorer, but they also can create great matchup problems for the opposing defense and can press and run the floor the whole game because of their depth.

After Kilcrease & Woods, it looks like Bell & Dixon have been the most consistent in stepping up against "quality competition" for McGavock. I addition to limitting Kilcrease or Woods from having a big game. we need one or two of our "outside guns" to step up. Glass seems to have shown a lot of Senior leadership in recent games. If one or both of our "young guns" gets hot to go along with Batt & the Sr. Glover, I believe that FHS could win by 5-10 or more. Lately the key to FHS success has been Batt. If Batt gets in early foul trouble (Johnson always sits a player in the 1st half if he gets 2 fouls) then it could be a long night for FHS.

GO REBELS!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

QUOTE(BigPoppa @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826389475[/snapback]cobrafan90, is this the same guy that played for Glencliff last year?

Yes, it is hard to believe. But that kid has improved leaps and bounds since he left glencliff. He looks comfortable on the court. I think the language barrier probably helps him. I don't think he takes it personal when Simms screams at him, lol.