greatest high school player ever?

Guest jwolf

Matt is not the best player ever. lets not forget about grant polly from Houston who did the exact same thing to bearden a couple years ago. Bearden a couple years ago with Bryan elliot and crew was by far better than cordova. When matt has that exact same kinda night and can do those same things to a team of his own teams caliber then we'll talk. Grant polly or ross polly for best in TN ever. no question.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charlemagnelbcking

Steve Feather from Maryville was a stud all south player. He is one of the schools top goal scorers he plays at Bucknell. Not saying he is the best just throwing out a name.

Kyle Rote played at Sewannee. He played high school soccer in Texas not in Chattanooga. He and Pele were the superstars of one the early pro soccer leagues. Kyle started his college carreer playing football at the University of Oklahoma. He transferred to Sewannee to play soccer. He's easily the best soccer player ever to play in soccer in TN but wasn't a high school player.

Yeah, I said Grant Polly. His older bro is obviously very good seeing as he is pro. But did you see grant play. The guy was amazing. he completely had Bearden in his back pocket a couple years ago at states. The guy is good, and was better than herbstrit for anyone's info.

Yep, I have played on ODP teams with Grant and grew up playing against him when he was with Memphis FC. I know the player he is, and i know he is better than Matt Herbstritt. I also know the player Matt is. Its pretty dumb to compare players from different Eras. Competition changes year to year and a player is only judged by who they play against. I personally dont even think its fair to say Matt is the best player Bearden had this year. The arguement of "greatest hs player ever" is ridiculous!

i know bearden had a lot of great players this year but i think that matt is the best. derek is a great ballhandler, crunk is also a very good keeper, but i dont know if he is just as good as what plays in front of him, but when it comes down to it matt gets the job done. he stepped up huge in the big games. crunk is also a very good keeper, but i dont know if he is just as good as what plays in front of him now greatest hs player...i am not sure but i know that he still has one more year to try to prove that. anyway...congratulations bearden on another ring and the #1 ranking.

Guest Beowulf16182

I think it's Austin Starkweather (grad from Cookeville 2000). He's now playing on Princeton's team (No. 12 in the nation) and is probably going to be drafted by the MLS. He would have made it to the first team all state for three years if Alex Taylor could have scored some more goals and gotten the team far enough to get Austin some recognition.

Irish17 Grant is not that good. Trust me I've played with him many times. That game aganist Bearden a few years ago he played for maybe 20 minutes before he got hurt and came out. How could you say he held bearden in his hands. And now I think he has dropped out of school and is doing nothing

• 3 months later...
Posted by bluesoccer:

Signal Mountain Select, State and Regional ODP, McCallie 5 year starter Class of '97, Wake Forest points leader record holder, lead ACC, played in MLS

I don't think you're going to find another tn high school player who played in the MLS

As far as goalies, Paul Love, McCallie, Regional ODP,

U. of South Carolina

I would have to agree with you on Ben Stafford. I have played varsity soccer since 8th grade. We played McCallie, and he was, to this day, the best player I have ever played against. As for gk, I would have to say Matt Gotterer from Father Ryan. He was on their last state champ team. He played at Vandy for a while then transfered. Paul Love was good, but having played against both, I would have to go with Gotterer. Also, Philip Stack from Father Ryan was incredible. He was a defender on their state champ team and was a Gatorade player 2 years in a row. Normally, I hate Father Ryan, having gone to BA, but they have made some incredible soccer players.