Oakland vs. Shelbyville: Region 4AAA semi final

basketballfan2003

First off Congrats to our one Senior Robby Rowland on leading and being a great role model for this young team. Keep your head up you have done a great job this year of leading and keeping this team on par when no one thought this team would do as well as it did. This team lost 7 players from the runner-up state finish. That is testament to Robby and also to my knowledge he is only 4 year player to have atleast 100 wins in his high school career at SCHS.

Second congrats to Oakland on an outstanding game. I hope they go all the way and represent this region well. White Co will not beat them. Oakland looked all business and like they were focused and on a mission. That Riverdale game got them to where they aint gonna take anything for granted. And I will admit I was wrong and I was wrong that the margin would not be double digits and it obviously was. Also even though the final score did not indicate it SCHS and Oakland where and are the two best teams in the region and would have met in the final if Oakland had taken care of business. But oh well. I believe the thing that hurt SCHS the most was the length and size of Oakland. I will still maintain that overall SCHS is a quicker team. That did not matter last night. Oakland played great D last night, executed on Offense, and crashed the offensive boards.

14pioneers, when your team can actually beat a team in your own district or by some miracle make it to the region, until then shut up or move somewhere there is a repectable ball team.

Last Shelbyville will be back no worries here. Only losing that one senior, but someone will have to step up and give that leadership.

Again good luck Oakland.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:29 AM) 826392987[/snapback]First off Congrats to our one Senior Robby Rowland on leading and being a great role model for this young team. Keep your head up you have done a great job this year of leading and keeping this team on par when no one thought this team would do as well as it did. This team lost 7 players from the runner-up state finish. That is testament to Robby and also to my knowledge he is only 4 year player to have atleast 100 wins in his high school career at SCHS.

Second congrats to Oakland on an outstanding game. I hope they go all the way and represent this region well. White Co will not beat them. Oakland looked all business and like they were focused and on a mission. That Riverdale game got them to where they aint gonna take anything for granted. And I will admit I was wrong and I was wrong that the margin would not be double digits and it obviously was. Also even though the final score did not indicate it SCHS and Oakland where and are the two best teams in the region and would have met in the final if Oakland had taken care of business. But oh well. I believe the thing that hurt SCHS the most was the length and size of Oakland. I will still maintain that overall SCHS is a quicker team. That did not matter last night. Oakland played great D last night, executed on Offense, and crashed the offensive boards.

14pioneers, when your team can actually beat a team in your own district or by some miracle make it to the region, until then shut up or move somewhere there is a repectable ball team.

Last Shelbyville will be back no worries here. Only losing that one senior, but someone will have to step up and give that leadership.

Again good luck Oakland.

Well said! I agree the biggest difference lastnight was size and experience along with them being the more talented team. Shelbyville is not too far behind them in talent but they are young. i cant wait to see what the eagles do the next three years. They may end up going undefeated 5 years in a row in their district. Two years down three to go. Good luck oakland keep the state champiopnship trophy here in the boro. Great season eagles.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:29 AM) 826392987[/snapback]First off Congrats to our one Senior Robby Rowland on leading and being a great role model for this young team. Keep your head up you have done a great job this year of leading and keeping this team on par when no one thought this team would do as well as it did. This team lost 7 players from the runner-up state finish. That is testament to Robby and also to my knowledge he is only 4 year player to have atleast 100 wins in his high school career at SCHS.

Again good luck Oakland.

Shelbyville has a good young team. However, I disagree that SCHS is the 2nd best team in the region. They got thumped by Oakland more than Riverdale or White County did all year. they were 3rd or 4th best in the region. No doubt they will be back strong next year. SCHS and White County have more coming back next season than just about any teams in the region. Hopefully we can play next season.

QUOTE(85warrior @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:21 AM) 826393080[/snapback]Shelbyville has a good young team. However, I disagree that SCHS is the 2nd best team in the region. They got thumped by Oakland more than Riverdale or White County did all year. they were 3rd or 4th best in the region. No doubt they will be back strong next year. SCHS and White County have more coming back next season than just about any teams in the region. Hopefully we can play next season.

Shelbyville has been good 4 two or 3 years and all of a sudden they are a dynasty.Took second in the state or something i dont remember just remember who won.There coach is a class act though good luck 2 him.

QUOTE(85warrior @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:21 AM) 826393080[/snapback]Shelbyville has a good young team. However, I disagree that SCHS is the 2nd best team in the region. They got thumped by Oakland more than Riverdale or White County did all year. they were 3rd or 4th best in the region. No doubt they will be back strong next year. SCHS and White County have more coming back next season than just about any teams in the region. Hopefully we can play next season.

Oakland finishes first/Riverdale second, then SCHS would have beat Riverdale. But didnt happen oh well. And plus that Oakland game was one bad game. SCHS, White Co, and Riverdale equals not much diffence. We will agree to disagree and look forward to next year when White Co. and SCHS meets. Good Luck.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826393010[/snapback]Well said! I agree the biggest difference lastnight was size and experience along with them being the more talented team. Shelbyville is not too far behind them in talent but they are young. i cant wait to see what the eagles do the next three years. They may end up going undefeated 5 years in a row in their district. Two years down three to go. Good luck oakland keep the state champiopnship trophy here in the boro. Great season eagles.

Yes to me the size and experience (what 5 senior starters) were the biggest difference.

QUOTE(sparta boy @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:29 AM) 826393094[/snapback]Shelbyville has been good 4 two or 3 years and all of a sudden they are a dynasty.Took second in the state or something i dont remember just remember who won.There coach is a class act though good luck 2 him.

lets see, they had a state tournament appearance in 2002 and 2006, substate appearances is 2002, 2004, and 2006 and KT has only been coaching there for 8 years. Definately not a dynasty, but better than anyone else in the region during the same period.

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Feb 28 2007 - 07:51 AM) 826392833[/snapback]People who know know I have complained about the pace of Rutherford Co. baketball in the past but last night Oakland showed what I had been asking for they got out and ran when they could yet maintained their discipline on Defense I was impressed tonight they are a dangerous team I still dont think they will win the gold ball this year but they may very well prove me wrong I have been searching for a clear cut favorite in AAA and just isnt one, I'm getting closer and closer to hoping that Oakland proves me wrong. How about Allen's attempted dunk the dude can play but he has no hops at all lol, but he is still the truth though

Some people tried to tell you so earlier

QUOTE(randymc @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:56 AM) 826393260[/snapback]lets see, they had a state tournament appearance in 2002 and 2006, substate appearances is 2002, 2004, and 2006 and KT has only been coaching there for 8 years. Definately not a dynasty, but better than anyone else in the region during the same period.

Some people tried to tell you so earlier

lol yeah yeah but the funny thing is White County runs the floor better than just about every other team up other than maybe Oakland, I have been impressed with them also the few times I have seen them except for the game @Blackman