SCHS SEASON ENDS IN REGION 4AA - a close one !

hoops fan2

first off - it was not a "whipping" ---- it was really a two point loss - SCHS has several chances to put the game away, but the dice fell the other way ---

in closing seconds, after LA missed free throws, SCHS rebounded --- girl drove length of court for a last ditch effort to tie - the girl was triple teamed and her shot rolled around and missed -

Ferris was there to rebound, but fouled -- then bless her heart, she got aggravated and pushed a girl -- and got T'd up - she wanted to win so badly after coming from a 12 point deficit - that's right, schs was down by a dozen and battled back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so there were the last four points to make it a six point win

TO ALL THE NAY SAYERS -- IT IS NEVER OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER ---

I''M SURE FOLKS TURNED OFF THE RADIO WHEN THERE WAS A 12 POINT DIFFERENCE -- BUT SCHS BATTLED BACK -- THOSE GIRLS FOUGHT VERY HARD -- THEY SHOULD BE PROUD -- ESPECIALLY AGAINST A TEAM THAT IS SO DEEP FROM THE BENCH --- AND SCHS JUST IS NOT, AT LEAST NOT THIS YEAR

LA has gotten lucky these two region games and i do mean lucky !!! but that's how it goes -- but they are not playing good ball -- don't know what is wrong, but they are not gelling at all

CONGRATS TO KAYCI FERRIS --- FRESHMAN --- WATCH OUT FOR THE LADY OWLS NEXT YEAR !!!!

good luck to 7aa --- represent us well as you go forward !!

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826390971[/snapback]first off - it was not a "whipping" ---- it was really a two point loss - SCHS has several chances to put the game away, but the dice fell the other way ---

in closing seconds, after LA missed free throws, SCHS rebounded --- girl drove length of court for a last ditch effort to tie - the girl was triple teamed and her shot rolled around and missed -

Ferris was there to rebound, but fouled -- then bless her heart, she got aggravated and pushed a girl -- and got T'd up - she wanted to win so badly after coming from a 12 point deficit - that's right, schs was down by a dozen and battled back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I''M SURE FOLKS TURNED OFF THE RADIO WHEN THERE WAS A 12 POINT DIFFERENCE -- BUT SCHS BATTLED BACK -- THOSE GIRLS FOUGHT VERY HARD -- THEY SHOULD BE PROUD -- ESPECIALLY AGAINST A TEAM THAT IS SO DEEP FROM THE BENCH --- AND SCHS JUST IS NOT, AT LEAST NOT THIS YEAR

LA has gotten lucky these two region games and i do mean lucky !!! but that's how it goes -- but they are not playing good ball -- don't know what is wrong, but they are not gelling at all

CONGRATS TO KAYCI FERRIS --- FRESHMAN --- WATCH OUT FOR THE LADY OWLS NEXT YEAR !!!!

a congrats girls, yall did good but came up short would have done just fine

QUOTE(King21 @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:52 PM) 826390976[/snapback]a congrats girls, yall did good but came up short would have done just fine

Agree King21 .....It's real easy to say this or that after the fact. I could say alot of things about why Smith Co. came up short. And it wasn't b/c LA was so very lucky. This is not a knock about our girls but we are not the most talented team compared to the others. But this team just refuses to lose. They find ways to get it done, which is what counts most when the dust clears. To say LA is very lucky is hoopsfan's opinion. Ask around and teams that have won the gold ball can tell you that you have to be lucky to win it all. The ball has to bounce your way. The ball didn't bounce SC's way tonight but maybe next year it will. You know we can say if you didn't have the Ferris girl we wouldn't even be having this conversation would we. SC played a good game and showed alot of character by making a run at the end. But it just wasn't meant to be for you all this year.

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826390971[/snapback]first off - it was not a "whipping" ---- it was really a two point loss - SCHS has several chances to put the game away, but the dice fell the other way ---

Lets not put down the LA girls. They worked hard tonight to get there shot around the 6'8" Kayci Ferris and I am very proud of them. I knew going into the game we wouldn't whip Smith Co. definatly since we was going to be without one of our starters and it would be a hard fought win because Kayci change the game so much. I want to congratulate the Lady Wildcats for sticking with it and pulling out the win with it being so close at the end.

I also would like the congratulate the Owlettes for fighting till the end and never giving up. And congrats to Kayci for the big numbers she put up tonight. I hope you will support us through the rest of the tournament and good luck next.

QUOTE(LA Wildcats @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:46 PM) 826391218[/snapback]Lets not put down the LA girls. They worked hard tonight to get there shot around the 6'8" Kayci Ferris and I am very proud of them. I knew going into the game we wouldn't whip Smith Co. definatly since we was going to be without one of our starters and it would be a hard fought win because Kayci change the game so much. I want to congratulate the Lady Wildcats for sticking with it and pulling out the win with it being so close at the end.

I didn't think about it 'til I got home. I don't remember seeing Mallie Stephens play tonight.

What's up? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />