Livingston vs Upperman Round 4

King21

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:17 AM) 826391433[/snapback]Not knocking the teams that they will play in substate but LA and Upperman will both go to the state tourney this year, its just their year. I think Upperman will then charge to the championship game and get their coveted gold ball. BUT if LA manages to upset them, then state is wide open...this is just how i see it...

Why do you think that they are stronger than the 3-AA region. Are they big, fast, great shooters, or all of the above. McMinn Central is a roller coaster ride, I feel they are capable of beating anyone on any given night. On the other hand any would could beat them on any given night. Sequatchie seems to find a way to win. They have a big girl inside, and on pretty good gaurd, but I don't think they are that great of a team. I could be wrong. Is Upperman and LA upper class heavy?

QUOTE(logcabinman @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:25 AM) 826391454[/snapback]Why do you think that they are stronger than the 3-AA region. Are they big, fast, great shooters, or all of the above. McMinn Central is a roller coaster ride, I feel they are capable of beating anyone on any given night. On the other hand any would could beat them on any given night. Sequatchie seems to find a way to win. They have a big girl inside, and on pretty good gaurd, but I don't think they are that great of a team. I could be wrong. Is Upperman and LA upper class heavy?

QUOTE(logcabinman @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:26 AM) 826391454[/snapback]Why do you think that they are stronger than the 3-AA region. Are they big, fast, great shooters, or all of the above. McMinn Central is a roller coaster ride, I feel they are capable of beating anyone on any given night. On the other hand any would could beat them on any given night. Sequatchie seems to find a way to win. They have a big girl inside, and on pretty good gaurd, but I don't think they are that great of a team. I could be wrong. Is Upperman and LA upper class heavy?

Upperman wins games with their press and very tough D. And yes, very few teams who play them can go without geting a 10 sec call. If you play them in a zone, they can and WILL shoot you out of it. If you play man they WILL blow by you for layups. Their post game isnt as strong as it could be but they do have a 6'3'' freshman who can play. When you see them run out you may not be that impressed but you will be in for a rude awakening. They have 4 or 5 seniors i tink but their best player is a sophomore. I just dunno about LA...they are a tough gritty team that finds ways to win...there's not much to say about them excpt keep them off the offensive boards because they can kill you from that area. I think they are also a senior laden team but i cant guarantee that.

QUOTE(logcabinman @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:58 AM) 826391395[/snapback]How tough is LA this year? Is Upperman the team to beat? Sequatie should not have beaten Tellico last night. Tellico gave the game to them. McMinn Central is starting to peak. How do they do it? He is playing with a freshman, three sophmores, and a junior. There best shooter is out for the year with torn ACL.

Not to nit pick, but Central starts one freshman and four sophmores. One senoir comes off the bench for limited playing time the rest on the bench are sophmores, freshman and one junior. Did not really expect them to get quite this far this season but some how Central is always in the chase.

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826391497[/snapback]Upperman wins games with their press and very tough D. And yes, very few teams who play them can go without geting a 10 sec call. If you play them in a zone, they can and WILL shoot you out of it. If you play man they WILL blow by you for layups. Their post game isnt as strong as it could be but they do have a 6'3'' freshman who can play. When you see them run out you may not be that impressed but you will be in for a rude awakening. They have 4 or 5 seniors i tink but their best player is a sophomore. I just dunno about LA...they are a tough gritty team that finds ways to win...there's not much to say about them excpt keep them off the offensive boards because they can kill you from that area. I think they are also a senior laden team but i cant guarantee that.

MC and Upperman sound very similar, hope to see some good basketball!

QUOTE(mayspeed @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:05 AM) 826391536[/snapback]Not to nit pick, but Central starts one freshman and four sophmores. One senoir comes off the bench for limited playing time the rest on the bench are sophmores, freshman and one junior. Did not really expect them to get quite this far this season but some how Central is always in the chase.

Thanks for the correction. Either way the future is looking very bright for MC.