Region 7AA Final

N2Choctaws

Well Dyer Co. and Crockett Co. defeated their region foe by 20 tonight. DC vs Northside was another struggle with foul trouble. DC's bench was superior again and kept slowy adding to the lead after starting the half up by 4. Northsides's big men made some noise inside offensively but soon succumbed to foul trouble with DC's quickness driving the lane. As usual, DC's press created many scoring opportunities and timely threes by D'Angelo, CJ, and Justin kept the defense off balanced.

In the second game, Crockett out ran F-W and L. Johnson hit some looong threes to bust out on F-W. FW had some sucess inside as Crockett couldn't seem to cover the big guys after a couple of passes. Long rebounds and quick outlets was the key for Crockett tonight. FW seemed to be moving in slow motion the second half. This sets the stage for the fourth Crockett vs DC game this year. DC leads 2-1, can they beat CC 3 times this year? Crockett looked alot better tonight than previously. But they didn't face a press like ours. Should be a great game. Congratulations to both teams, ya'll represented the district admirably .

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to both teams...Way to make it an all D13-AA Region Final.....How did Blake do?

I would have thought Fayette would have put up atleast a better fight...

I am looking foward to making the trip over to Gibson Co on Thursday...Good luck to both teams....I look for DC to win the third against CC and host a sub-state game!...

Justin Blake scored 26 pts. against Jackson North Side. Dyer Co. got into foul trouble early and had to slow it down. Dyer Co. did a better job in the second half slowing it down and driving to the basket. I don't know where these refs came from , but they don't have any idea what a charge is. It looks like it's going to be a war at 7:00 p.m. thursday nite in Gibson Co. I just wish the refs would let them both play. This game thursday will probly come down to the bench players. I give the nod to Dyer Co. in this one, because I believe they have a little better bench than Crockett Co.

Both teams played well last night and it'll be interesting being an all 13AA final after 13AA took it on the chin last season. Another outstanding effort from Blake and Co. at DC /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Shows ya how deep this team is when Justin got into some foul trouble and had to sit for different parts of the first half.. NorthSide put up a great effort but the Choctaws were simply too much and pulled away in the second half.. Same can be said for the 2nd game as the CAVS behind the Johnson twins ran Fayette-Ware out of the gym /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Look for a track meet on Thursday-- /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Ron and Shaun Johnson vs. CJ and Justin. It is absolutely amazing to watch these guys play against each other on both ends of the court. They can light it up on O and shut you down on D. In the last game, the press of Dyer County had the Cavs flustered. I don't think the same thing will happen again. Sure, there will be some breakdowns, but not as many. I see a hard fought game. Either R. Johnson or Blake scores 30 plus in this one to lead their team to victory!

QUOTE(JD64 @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:25 AM) 826391667[/snapback]Ron and Shaun Johnson vs. CJ and Justin. It is absolutely amazing to watch these guys play against each other on both ends of the court. They can light it up on O and shut you down on D. In the last game, the press of Dyer County had the Cavs flustered. I don't think the same thing will happen again. Sure, there will be some breakdowns, but not as many. I see a hard fought game. Either R. Johnson or Blake scores 30 plus in this one to lead their team to victory!

As for the 4th DC v/s CC, DC will prevail. CC has no bench so R. Johnson needs to do a better job of controlling his temper. He totally lost it the last time the two teams met and at the beginning of the FW game last night, he once again lost his temper and had to be pulled from the game. J Blake will score one way or another so the CC game plan had better be well planned out. DC's other 4 starters will also give trouble if CC puts too much emphasis on J Blake. As far as CJ, no one on CC can guard him much less stop him. IF he is not scoring, he is feeding the other 4 as well as anyone can. CC......... Better have your heads in the game or another title will be lost.

QUOTE(choc4life @ Feb 27 2007 - 07:44 PM) 826392339[/snapback]As for the 4th DC v/s CC, DC will prevail. CC has no bench so R. Johnson needs to do a better job of controlling his temper. He totally lost it the last time the two teams met and at the beginning of the FW game last night, he once again lost his temper and had to be pulled from the game. J Blake will score one way or another so the CC game plan had better be well planned out. DC's other 4 starters will also give trouble if CC puts too much emphasis on J Blake. As far as CJ, no one on CC can guard him much less stop him. IF he is not scoring, he is feeding the other 4 as well as anyone can. CC......... Better have your heads in the game or another title will be lost.

He had a right to be ill in the district tournaments....from a neutral standpoint in that game Johnson had every point to be ill...they were calling little touch fouls on him...anyhow that is the past this is the present...I believe DC will take this one by 15..the first game I saw Blake play against GC this year after the christmas break I was amazed at how good he was and from then on out I predicted DC would go to state...win or lose this game I do believe DC AND CC will both be in Murfreesboro representing 13AA and 7AA....GOOD LUCK!!!

QUOTE(choc4life @ Feb 27 2007 - 07:44 PM) 826392339[/snapback]As for the 4th DC v/s CC, DC will prevail. CC has no bench so R. Johnson needs to do a better job of controlling his temper. He totally lost it the last time the two teams met and at the beginning of the FW game last night, he once again lost his temper and had to be pulled from the game. J Blake will score one way or another so the CC game plan had better be well planned out. DC's other 4 starters will also give trouble if CC puts too much emphasis on J Blake. As far as CJ, no one on CC can guard him much less stop him. IF he is not scoring, he is feeding the other 4 as well as anyone can. CC......... Better have your heads in the game or another title will be lost.

Ron was not pulled from the game because of his temper, he fouled out..please get your facts straight before you make a comment.

Guest brooks_12

QUOTE(foosballplayer @ Feb 28 2007 - 07:16 AM) 826392781[/snapback]Ron was not pulled from the game because of his temper, he fouled out..please get your facts straight before you make a comment.

your right he did foul out....he is a very agressive player and he may not have got that many fouls if it werent for his temper...

should be a great game

QUOTE(foosballplayer @ Feb 28 2007 - 07:16 AM) 826392781[/snapback]Ron was not pulled from the game because of his temper, he fouled out..please get your facts straight before you make a comment.

Before you correct me maybe you should get YOUR facts straight. It was in the early minutes of the 2nd period that he was VERY Upset and the coach pulled him out. Then on his way to the bench, it appeared that he was having an arguement with someone on the CC side, sitting towards the end and behind of the bench.

Were you watching the beginning of the game? I really don't know how you could miss something so obvious.

QUOTE(choc4life @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:50 PM) 826393354[/snapback]Before you correct me maybe you should get YOUR facts straight. It was in the early minutes of the 2nd period that he was VERY Upset and the coach pulled him out. Then on his way to the bench, it appeared that he was having an arguement with someone on the CC side, sitting towards the end and behind of the bench.

Were you watching the beginning of the game? I really don't know how you could miss something so obvious.

Let me correct you once again.......the word appeared is about as useless as the words "in my opinion"... neither one of them are worth a darn....Ron was talking to his father...now ask me how I know /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />