Mcminn Central vs Sequatchie County

thatslife

QUOTE(bigdonmonkey @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:13 AM) 826394689[/snapback]What scorers did McMinn County lose to injury?

Don't think they were their leading scorers but they definately played significant roles. The players were Katie Hearn, who tore her ACL playing soccer and Mindy Rayburn, who tore her ACL during a holiday Christmas tourney. They are both seniors.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JustBeingNosy @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:19 AM) 826394702[/snapback]Don't think they were their leading scorers but they definately played significant roles. The players were Katie Hearn, who tore her ACL playing soccer and Mindy Rayburn, who tore her ACL during a holiday Christmas tourney. They are both seniors.

Very significant. Kayie was a great 3 point threat. Mindy Rayburn was their leader, I think she make about a 10 point difference.

QUOTE(DelTavian @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826394123[/snapback]No that was not the difference. To me the difference was a few shots. A few shots at the end that Central made and a few shots that Sequatchie missed. Central was no stronger or better in this game, they just hit a couple when their opponent missed a couple.

I'll put it this way. If Sequatchie has no chance in the sectionals....then neither does Central. If Central is capable of making it to Murphy Center.....so is Sequatchie. Now if the other region is that much better without question then I guess everyone can stay home Saturday and we'll just send those other two teams on to the state tourney without even playing the game.

DL.

I will second that!!!!!

The Lady Indians Did not play their game!!!!!! watch it and you can see that. Also # 11 wasent feeling good she had a small temperature yesterday morning, head was a little stuffy, but still played hard. If you noticed the start of the 3rd Seq. missed 6 shots and never tried to get the rebound and put it back up. missed 3 foul shots at the end and two easy layups. So It would have been great to hang that banner, but there is dout these teams are both good and eather one could be in the Murphy Center, hope it's Sequatchie!!!.

Play YOUR Game Lady Indians!!!!!!!!!

Question???? Have you ever heard of this?

Sequatchie is driving to the hole, a Mcminn player grabs her calf and cryes, the ref calls a time out. Have you ever? Nobody can stop the play for a calf cramp. But the bald headed ref. had to many parent on the McMinn side that he was talking to. But now get 4th quarter everything is neck and neck, were Seq. #20 is driving to the hole and he stopes the game for a leg cramp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(bigdonmonkey @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:13 AM) 826394689[/snapback]What scorers did McMinn County lose to injury?

McMInn CENTRAL (not county, that's our archrival) lost two seniors this year to ACL. Kaite Hearn would have played some point and wing, but she was lost during preseason practice. Mindy Rayburn, one of our most experienced wings and best shooter, was lost in a holiday tournament in Lenoir City also to an ACL. We use primarily a 9 player rotation with 1 senior post, 2 sophomore posts, 4 sophomore guards, and 2 freshman guards.

QUOTE(logcabinman @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:48 PM) 826394150[/snapback]Traditionally they are tough. No, I feel that this region is just as tough. MC losses come to very tough teams. McMinn was a great team until they lost their leading scorers to injury. Cleveland, enough said. Tellico beat them at home, tough at home. Maryville, and Heritage.

Seq. had a tough schedule as well. It is hard to say. I know our region can play with theirs. I just know that traditionally they are well coached, and can play.

I must admit that I am thoroughly confused by your cryptic messages. You were referring to the losses that McMinn CENTRAL sustained: McMinn COUNTY, Cleveland, Tellico, Maryville, Heritage. I am fully aware that McMinn CENTRAL lost two players to season-ending injuries. I was under the impression that your comment was in reference to McMinn COUNTY. There are several differences between McMinn CENTRAL and McMinn COUNTY, besides spelling, injuries to key players, and coaching. I do not feel that I need to point that out. I know which school is which. Oh. Yes.

QUOTE(SNIPER @ Mar 1 2007 - 03:26 PM) 826395270[/snapback]Question???? Have you ever heard of this?

Sequatchie is driving to the hole, a Mcminn player grabs her calf and cryes, the ref calls a time out. Have you ever? Nobody can stop the play for a calf cramp. But the bald headed ref. had to many parent on the McMinn side that he was talking to. But now get 4th quarter everything is neck and neck, were Seq. #20 is driving to the hole and he stopes the game for a leg cramp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it was a ploy to draw attention to the bald referee's remaining hair and its incredible arrangement. The "bald headed ref" was correct in stopping the game when a player is on the floor and is endangering herself and others. Shame on you for singling out this official by referring to his lack of hair. I hope your children are born bald. With a Mario Bros. moustache.

QUOTE(bigdonmonkey @ Mar 1 2007 - 05:57 PM) 826395609[/snapback]I hope your children are born bald. With a Mario Bros. moustache.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

"That's funny right thar. I don't care who you are. That's funny right thar." - Larry The Cable Guy.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Do you think the ref wears the Mario hat when he's not on the court?

DL.

QUOTE(SNIPER @ Mar 1 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826395270[/snapback]Question???? Have you ever heard of this?

Sniper my military brother....you're thinking with your military side of your brain. You know. Kill everything and leave no witnesses. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Too often I have seen players go down and the refs allow play to continue when a player could be hurt by letting things go. So my first reaction was she was hurt very bad. The look on her face looked to me like she might have torn something. So I was gald they stopped it for that.

I do agree it looked as Sequatchie was on the way to an uncontested layup but that one play might have made a difference and it might not have.

In the end I would have to fall on the side of caution for the injured player as I know you would.

DL.