Livingston Academy vs Station Camp update

swipper

Great season men, you have nothing to be ashamed of b/c you gave everything you had. I'm sure it hurts but your day is coming. I really hate it for Tyson b/c I know he didn't want this to end just yet. Good luck Tyson in whatever direction you decide to go, I wish you the best. This team really played well to be so young. It will be really interesting to see this group next year if you guys do the work this off-season. I believe all the teams you played this year will agree that you will be the team to beat once again.

What a game. I was there for the White House -vs- Smith County game and that was a good game, especially since we came out on top and will playing for the Championship Thursday night. I stuck around to watch some of the Station Camp -vs- Livingston Academy game. I ended up stayed til the end and am I glad I did! Great job by SC to get a very hard fought win over a very tough LA team. I've seen SC play several times throughout the year and they get better just about everytime I see them. First time to see LA and I left the gym knowing I'd seen one of the better teams I'd watched all year. Don't know the classes of any of the guys but if they have much coming back, I'd say they will be a team to be reckoned with next year. They have several that can pull up from around 8-12 feet and drain the baskets. So many teams get away from the in between shot and either shoot 3's or layups all night. Up until very late in the 4th, I kept expecting LA to win that game. Great job both teams !!

QUOTE(BDP_FAN @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:42 AM) 826392903[/snapback]What a game. I was there for the White House -vs- Smith County game and that was a good game, especially since we came out on top and will playing for the Championship Thursday night. I stuck around to watch some of the Station Camp -vs- Livingston Academy game. I ended up stayed til the end and am I glad I did! Great job by SC to get a very hard fought win over a very tough LA team. I've seen SC play several times throughout the year and they get better just about everytime I see them. First time to see LA and I left the gym knowing I'd seen one of the better teams I'd watched all year. Don't know the classes of any of the guys but if they have much coming back, I'd say they will be a team to be reckoned with next year. They have several that can pull up from around 8-12 feet and drain the baskets. So many teams get away from the in between shot and either shoot 3's or layups all night. Up until very late in the 4th, I kept expecting LA to win that game. Great job both teams !!

Congrats to Station Camp on a nice win.

I was on the edge of my seat all night. It was a back & forth game all night & it come down to the last minute.....it was a good game. LA has so much to be proud of. This is a young team.... they lose one senior next year, Tyson Stover. Thanks BDP_FAN for giving credit where it was due. Good luck to WH in Sub State.

Tyson Stover, you have been fun to watch the last few years. I know you can knock down a 3 any time but I personally enjoyed all of the charges you took. You have had a great year...your quick on your feet & a smart player. This team will miss you.

QUOTE(BDP_FAN @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:42 AM) 826392903[/snapback]What a game. I was there for the White House -vs- Smith County game and that was a good game, especially since we came out on top and will playing for the Championship Thursday night. I stuck around to watch some of the Station Camp -vs- Livingston Academy game. I ended up stayed til the end and am I glad I did! Great job by SC to get a very hard fought win over a very tough LA team. I've seen SC play several times throughout the year and they get better just about everytime I see them. First time to see LA and I left the gym knowing I'd seen one of the better teams I'd watched all year. Don't know the classes of any of the guys but if they have much coming back, I'd say they will be a team to be reckoned with next year. They have several that can pull up from around 8-12 feet and drain the baskets. So many teams get away from the in between shot and either shoot 3's or layups all night. Up until very late in the 4th, I kept expecting LA to win that game. Great job both teams !!

Great point, BDP (and congrats and good luck tomorrow night). Girls' teams do this also and it drives me crazy! The mid-range jumper has gone the way of the dinosaur for some unknown reason (coaches not making them work on it in practice?).

Also, let me say that it's good to read that you and Rocking Chair have made amends. That 'crazy talk' on the other thread really had me concerned for y'all. But, let me also add that passion for your respective schools and point of view is a good thing. That last page is some good readin'. LOL! Two men apologizing to each other on a public forum. It don't get no better. God bless and good luck to you all...the rest of this year and next.

One more thing: Greenbrier's girls are gonna beat your butt next year. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> (j/k!) Have a GREAT day!

Thanks BDP_FAN for the kind words. Yes our team is loaded with sophs and freshmen. We started 1 sr. and 1 jr. the rest are sophs and several freshmen played some valuable mins this year. So you can see why every hog-eye fan is excited about the future of this team. Coach Melton has done a great job with these young men. I'm sure he is very disappointed about the loss last night but he has to be feeling real good about next year. BDP_FAN good luck to WH and hope that you all can win a gold ball. I know all about the football tradition you all have down there, it's second to none. Again I wish you all the best.

PS.....I sort of feel like Opie and his friend. When Andy gave them a new shiney nickle if they would play nice. It's not as much fun is it... but it's the right way. I have to admit it was sort of funny reading your post after the fiasco we had. You really are a nice guy aren't you. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(5-Sport Dad @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826392954[/snapback]Great point, BDP (and congrats and good luck tomorrow night). Girls' teams do this also and it drives me crazy! The mid-range jumper has gone the way of the dinosaur for some unknown reason (coaches not making them work on it in practice?).

Also, let me say that it's good to read that you and Rocking Chair have made amends. That 'crazy talk' on the other thread really had me concerned for y'all. But, let me also add that passion for your respective schools and point of view is a good thing. That last page is some good readin'. LOL! Two men apologizing to each other on a public forum. It don't get no better. God bless and good luck to you all...the rest of this year and next.

One more thing: Greenbrier's girls are gonna beat your butt next year. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> (j/k!) Have a GREAT day!

5-Sport Dad what did you expect us to do after Proud Mom came out and thrashed us. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> That post would have made anybody walk the line. I already felt bad enough but that really brought me down. I wanted to go and hide under a rock.

QUOTE(Rocking Chair @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:28 AM) 826392986[/snapback]Thanks BDP_FAN for the kind words. Yes our team is loaded with sophs and freshmen. We started 1 sr. and 1 jr. the rest are sophs and several freshmen played some valuable mins this year. So you can see why every hog-eye fan is excited about the future of this team. Coach Melton has done a great job with these young men. I'm sure he is very disappointed about the loss last night but he has to be feeling real good about next year. BDP_FAN good luck to WH and hope that you all can win a gold ball. I know all about the football tradition you all have down there, it's second to none. Again I wish you all the best.

PS.....I sort of feel like Opie and his friend. When Andy gave them a new shiney nickle if they would play nice. It's not as much fun is it... but it's the right way. I have to admit it was sort of funny reading your post after the fiasco we had. You really are a nice guy aren't you. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I try but failed miserably at the beginning of our posts. I've gone back and re-read some of the junk I was posting and I just shake my head. What the heck was I thinking? Apparently I wasn't is the only excuse I can come up with. I thought it got kinda crowded under my rock. Now I know it was you stopping by..... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> It is nice to "dig" at each other from time to time but in moderation is the key.... The direction I got all that heading was entirely antagonistic and I shouldn't have done that. I know 5-Sports Dad kinda got a kick outta reading some apologizes from two guys, but it was something I felt needed to be done on my part. If I was willing to post hurtful things like I did in a public forum, I believe I should also post my apologies in that same forum....

Dad, I sure hope you're wrong about kick some Blue Devil butt next year but we are losing quite a bit of our height to graduation. We'll have to really step it up next year with our junior class having to carry so much of the burden as seniors.