underrated27

Warren Co vs. Blackman 4/24

Riverdale vs. Cookeville 4/24

Siegel vs. Franklin 4/25

Lebanon vs. Hunters Lane 4/26

Cookeville vs. Blackman 4/26

Riverdale vs. Oakland 4/26

Siegel vs. Lavergne 4/26

These are the key games with teams from district 7-AAA. Warren County as many of you know had two red cards in the past game against Livingston Academy, very unfortunate. Hopefully the Blackman Warren game will be a good game. Every year it's always been a good, hard fought game. This game may decide where the two teams fall in the standings and seeds for the district tournament. Cookeville lost to Riverdale last year 7-1 in the district championship, so I think they'll be prepared this year.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Whitey @ Apr 23 2007 - 12:27 PM) 826443442[/snapback]Underrated,

What happened last Friday? Sounds pretty rediculous. Wish I had put off some things I had to do and come to the game.

Well it was senior night and we had festivities such as a halftime song by a local band, I think that may have ticked off some of the players. Beside the fact, our mouths just got the best of us. Reffing wasn't the greatest, he could have taken more control a lot quicker rather than letting it get out of control so quickly. Our coach was disappointed that we couldn't just walk away seeing that we had a tough game against Blackman next. It was clearly both ways though, Livingston would say something and Warren would reply with a comment like what's the score or something like that. We let our mouths take over and it showed us a lesson now we're down without two players against Blackman. Luckily we're through playing Livingston Academy, we apologize to everyone that come to see a clean game. It won't happen again, if your able try to come to the game tonight against Blackman.

Here are district results and points to date.

Blackman - 4-0-1 = 13 points with two more games to go

Cookeville - 5-0-0 = 15 points with two more games to go

Warren County - 5-2-0 = 15 points

Siegel - 4-1-1 = 13 points with one game left

Riverdale - 2-4-0 = 6 points with one game left

Lebanon - 2-5-0 = 6 points

Oakland - 1-4-0 = 3 points with two games left

White Co. - 0-7-0 = 0 points

Blackman and Cookeville will fight it out for the top spot. Technially, Siegel could move forward with a win in their last game and two losses by either Blackman and/or Siegel. So, we are pretty close to seeing how things are going to finish. Good luck to everyone on the rest of the season and I look forward to the District Tournament.

Does anyone know if any decision has been made about changing the location of the tournament from Lebanon since they do not have any lighted fields to play on?

Yes and No -- I messed up where I put the numbers for everybody -- but, it is straightened out now! Sorry.

Glad to see the good finish by the Middle School boys. Looks like the High School will be hosting Lebanon for the first round of the district which should make for an intense and interesting game considering how the last game was played and finished.

QUOTE(underrated27 @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826445032[/snapback]Cookeville/Blackman vs. White

Cookeville/Blackman vs. Oakland

Warren vs. Lebanon

Siegel vs. Riverdale

Cookeville and Blackman play tommorrow night to see who is number one and number two. It will be a good game both teams work very very well together.

I think last year, #1 team got a by, because White County didn't play in the district tournament

No team in our district gets a "bye." White County plays in the district tournament even though they do not play any regular season games. So, their first game will always be against the regular season champs.

Underrated27, don't count Siegel out yet as they are statistically in the mix. If they can win their last game at Siegel, then they would slide by Warren County in the standings.

Anything can happen in the tournament and District 7's tournament is always exciting. Can't wait!!!

QUOTE(Whitey @ Apr 25 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826445083[/snapback]No team in our district gets a "bye." White County plays in the district tournament even though they do not play any regular season games. So, their first game will always be against the regular season champs.

Anything can happen in the tournament and District 7's tournament is always exciting. Can't wait!!!

Thanks for clarification. I wasn't sure. You're right about districts. That's what I keep reminding my son. You could loose or win every game in the season, but from districts on, if you loose, unless you make it to the championship game, you're out. This year has really been good soccer. This district is starting to be competetive from top to bottom and it's good to see. I think this is the first year that any 4 teams that has a chance to be the top two teams to advance from our district. It's anybodys this year.