District 7-AAA

underrated27

QUOTE(coachof3 @ Apr 27 2007 - 12:11 PM) 826446872[/snapback]Looking at the points now the Cookeville and Blackman tied if Siegel wins the Cookeville game they are district champs.

Is that right?

Only if Blackman is tied by or loses to Oakland.

Scenario 1: Cookeville beats Siegel and Blackman Beats Oakland results in order of finish: Cookeville (19 pts), Blackman (17 pts), Warren County (15 pts) and Siegel (13 pts).

Scenario 2: Cookeville beats Siegel and Blackman loses to Oakland in order of finish: Cookeville (19 pts), Warren County (15 pts), Blackman (14 pts) and Siegel (13pts). [Note]

Scenario 3: Siegel beats Cookeville and Blackman beats Oakland in order of finish: Blackman (17 pts), Siegel (16 pts), Cookeville (16 pts), and Warren County (15 pts).

Scenario 4: Siegel and Cookeville tie and Blackman beats Oakland in order of finish: Blackman (17 pts), Cookeville (17 pts), Warren County (15 pts), and Siegel (14 pts).

The reason that Blackman would get first place with a tie by Siegel and Cookeville is based on the tie breaker system in the district. The first thing you look at is head-to-head (no difference as Blackman and Cookeville tied each. The next tie breaker is how they each did against the next highest seeded opponent (in this case, Warren County.) Blackman beat Warren County 3 to 0 and Cookeville beat Warren County 4 to 3. So, Blackman gets the nod based on the tie breaker.

Also, when was the decision made to move the tournament to Oakland and who made the decision?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Memphis grizzlies fan #1 @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:04 PM) 826446450[/snapback]Agreed. The game was great. Both teams showed class which was good to see. These two teams could potentially meet twice more and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that happened.

if you would have asked that question last week i would have said blackman and tullahoma in the region final but now i think 7-AAA can sweep 8-AAA

but come on blackman won't tie or get beat by oakland

siegel can beat cookville maybe 1-0 or maybe 1-1 or 0-0 tie

i have watched siegel the last 3 nights and siegel can great scoring chances but man those kids can not control themselves when they take a shot because you don't know where the ball will go

trust me i was the ball boy and got a good work out from the siegel players

IMO the region 4 tournament might be

tullahoma at blackman and siegel at shelbyville

but come on blackman won't tie or get beat by oakland

No one gave Oakland a chance against Blackman four years ago when Blackman was the front runner at that time. However, on the last game of the season Blackman had to come from behind to tie Oakland and their tie gave Warren County the regular season district title. Can it happen? Anything is possible when it gets to the end of the season and tournament time.

We will know where everything stands after Tuesday as long as the weather does not prevent any of the games from getting played. I don't know if Tullahoma was having an off game but from what I saw last night, Siegel outplayed them and should have gotten the win.

Could district 7 AAA sweep the Regionals? It is very possible. However, there is a lot to go through before we even get close to that point. The District 7 AAA tournament should be a very competitive tournament this year. The six top teams should make for great games to watch and any of them could step up at tournament time. Lebanon is a threat and should not be overlooked by anyone. They are capable of playing with a lot of emotion and intensity which on the right night could lead to an upset. Even though Riverdale is down this year, never count Coach Arman out at tournament time. He has a way of getting the competitiveness out of his guys at tournament time. When everything is said and done, whoever the top two teams are that come out of District 7 AAA they will have been through some battles to get there. I do not believe this to be true of District 8 AAA from what I have seen. Once you get past Tullahoma and Shelbyville, the rest of the teams are not very strong or competitive. They should not have as hard of a time or as physical of games as the District 7 teams will have. Anyway, let the games begin .....

QUOTE(KeithHamilton @ Apr 28 2007 - 06:52 AM) 826447373[/snapback]No one gave Oakland a chance against Blackman four years ago when Blackman was the front runner at that time. However, on the last game of the season Blackman had to come from behind to tie Oakland and their tie gave Warren County the regular season district title. Can it happen? Anything is possible when it gets to the end of the season and tournament time.

We will know where everything stands after Tuesday as long as the weather does not prevent any of the games from getting played. I don't know if Tullahoma was having an off game but from what I saw last night, Siegel outplayed them and should have gotten the win.

Could district 7 AAA sweep the Regionals? It is very possible. However, there is a lot to go through before we even get close to that point. The District 7 AAA tournament should be a very competitive tournament this year. The six top teams should make for great games to watch and any of them could step up at tournament time. Lebanon is a threat and should not be overlooked by anyone. They are capable of playing with a lot of emotion and intensity which on the right night could lead to an upset. Even though Riverdale is down this year, never count Coach Arman out at tournament time. He has a way of getting the competitiveness out of his guys at tournament time. When everything is said and done, whoever the top two teams are that come out of District 7 AAA they will have been through some battles to get there. I do not believe this to be true of District 8 AAA from what I have seen. Once you get past Tullahoma and Shelbyville, the rest of the teams are not very strong or competitive. They should not have as hard of a time or as physical of games as the District 7 teams will have. Anyway, let the games begin .....

not to down oakland, but for them to beat us (Blackman) they are going to have to have some amazing endurance because they play 4 games in 4 days and Oakland vs Blackman is the last of those

My predictions are Blackman will beat Oakland and Cookeville will take a very very close game at Siegel. Don't get me wrong Siegel is good this year, so I'm definately not leaving them out. But Cookeville has their senior night that night and I believe if they're on top of their game they will take it. They are very capable of playing really good soccer. I think

1. Cookeville

2. Blackman

3. Warren Co.

4. Siegel

5. Riverdale

6. Lebanon

7. Oakland

8. White Co.

That's just what i predict will happen, I can definately be proven wrong I've seen Siegel play. It's a tough call to make on a Siegel or Cookeville game.

Prediction

Blackman - Oakland 3 or 4 - 0

Siegel - Cookeville 2-1 Senior night works against Cookeville, and Siegel kicks the tie bug.

1 Blackman

2 Siegel

3 Cookeville

4 Warren County

5 Riverdale

6 Lebanon

7 Oakland

8 White Co.

Then it's anybody's bet as to which 2 come out of the tournament. Prediction Blackman, Cookeville. but don't count Riverdale out.