District 7-AAA

underrated27

QUOTE(Whitey @ Apr 9 2007 - 02:40 PM) 826433190[/snapback]Here are the points and district win/loss records so far (Bear in mind that some teams have not played as many district games):

Warren County - 12 points - 4 and 0

Blackman - 6 points - 2 and 0

Cookeville - 6 points - 2 and 0

Siegel - 9 points - 3 and 1

Riverdale - 6 points - 2 and 1

Lebanon - 3 points - 1 and 3

Oakland - 3 points - 1 and 3

White County - 0 points - 0 and 7 (White County agrees to come in last place in district as they do not play all the teams in the district during the regular season.)

Actually White County only plays one team from thier district, Warren County, why is that?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BlackmanSoccerDad @ Apr 9 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826433630[/snapback]Actually White County only plays one team from thier district, Warren County, why is that?

White County opted out of playing regular season district games two years ago. They play Warren County regular season as a "friendly" and the game does not count in the regular season standings. They agreed with the coaches of district 7 AAA to accept last place and concede a regular season loss to each team in the district standings. That is why each of the teams have an extra win counted towards them even though they have not played that extra district game. They still play in the district tournament and their players are still eligible for district honors as they are still considered a part of the district by TSSAA.

QUOTE(xarsenalx @ Apr 9 2007 - 09:24 PM) 826433531[/snapback]lebanon play oakland tomorrow.

also how strong is cookeville from the point of view of someone who doesnt play there?

and does anyone know if the rumor is true about wilson central canceling their game against lebanon in fear of having their players injured?

Please update the lebanon oakland game I'd like to see how that goes

Cookeville is a strong team in my opinion, I don't play for them but I have seen them play a lot. The only reason their standings are low is because they have played teams like Hendersonville T 1-1, Dobyns Bennett L 2-0, Gallatin L 2-0, and they're looking at Germantown, Houston, and Baylor, not to mention Riverdale and Blackman from their own district. They are a team that will definately improve by the end of the season. They're also a team that you definately shouldn't take for granted. If they keep improving through the season as they should they'll be in a run for the top two spots in 7-AAA, along with either Blackman or Riverdale.

QUOTE(sportsfan15 @ Apr 10 2007 - 11:29 AM) 826433924[/snapback]Siegel is only 2-1 in the district. Wins over Lebanon and Oakland, a loss to Warren Co.

Technically (as was explained earlier) they are 3 and 1 because of the win they pick up against White Co. since White Co. won't play them. Essentially it is a wash since all the teams get at least one win because of White Co. not playing during the regular season. However, that is why Siegel is credited with 3 wins and 9 points.

Blackman 1 Siegel 1

Blackman played bad and Siegel played well. Blackman missing two senior midfielders due to apendectomy and injury. Starting foward 15 minutes into the game got a double yellow card, most likely for discent but not sure. Blackman didn't score until the last 3 minutes of the game. Siegle scored in the first 5 minutes, defender missed ball and striker had 1 on 1 with goalie and finished. It just wasn't a good soccer game to watch all the way around. I am biased of course.

QUOTE(BlackmanSoccerDad @ Apr 10 2007 - 09:05 PM) 826434341[/snapback]Blackman 1 Siegel 1

Blackman played bad and Siegel played well. Blackman missing two senior midfielders due to apendectomy and injury. Starting foward 15 minutes into the game got a double yellow card, most likely for discent but not sure. Blackman didn't score until the last 3 minutes of the game. Siegle scored in the first 5 minutes, defender missed ball and striker had 1 on 1 with goalie and finished. It just wasn't a good soccer game to watch all the way around. I am biased of course.

I got there with 35 minutes to go in the second half, but from what i saw it was just a bad game for blackman although blackman did have a lot of opportunities throughout the last 15-20 minutes while siegel had i think maybe 2 or 3. Blackman had a shot that everyone thought for sure was in, the keeper was out after a ball and the ball was played over to another blackman player who had a shot but was luckily headed away by a defender who took the keepers place...I will say the goal by blackman was a nice shot ... After watching that game I've seen every other team besides Riverdale and it looks like it's coming down to who wants it more and who shows up to play..

By the way, the injury for blackman... is it serious or are they just giving it time to heal?

QUOTE(underrated27 @ Apr 11 2007 - 07:52 AM) 826434622[/snapback]I got there with 35 minutes to go in the second half, but from what i saw it was just a bad game for blackman although blackman did have a lot of opportunities throughout the last 15-20 minutes while siegel had i think maybe 2 or 3. Blackman had a shot that everyone thought for sure was in, the keeper was out after a ball and the ball was played over to another blackman player who had a shot but was luckily headed away by a defender who took the keepers place...I will say the goal by blackman was a nice shot ... After watching that game I've seen every other team besides Riverdale and it looks like it's coming down to who wants it more and who shows up to play..

By the way, the injury for blackman... is it serious or are they just giving it time to heal?

The injury is a bone bruise right on top of his foot, maybe back tomorrow night vs. Lebonon.

QUOTE(underrated27 @ Apr 10 2007 - 09:43 AM) 826433845[/snapback]Please update the lebanon oakland game I'd like to see how that goes

Cookeville is a strong team in my opinion, I don't play for them but I have seen them play a lot. The only reason their standings are low is because they have played teams like Hendersonville T 1-1, Dobyns Bennett L 2-0, Gallatin L 2-0, and they're looking at Germantown, Houston, and Baylor, not to mention Riverdale and Blackman from their own district. They are a team that will definately improve by the end of the season. They're also a team that you definately shouldn't take for granted. If they keep improving through the season as they should they'll be in a run for the top two spots in 7-AAA, along with either Blackman or Riverdale.

Lebanon played Oakland last night and the final was Lebanon 4 Oakland 0 as mentioned above. Lebanon played well the first half and got up by 3, but one of their midfielders got hurt and left the game with a broken collarbone. The second half was sloppy for Lebanon, but they held the ball for most of the game, and non-starters were in nearly all of the second half too. They were probably resting up for Blackman which will be tomorrow.

I'll post the results to that one tomorrow night. Should be a good game if Lebanon comes out willing to battle for it.

QUOTE(BlackmanSoccerDad @ Apr 11 2007 - 02:49 PM) 826435087[/snapback]The injury is a bone bruise right on top of his foot, maybe back tomorrow night vs. Lebonon.

Good, I'm glad it isn't serious seeing that Riverdale's keeper is out and all and that broken collar bone. This is as far as I know for tonight and tommorrow's games Blackman vs. Lebanon... Siegel vs. Pope John Paul II....Warren vs. St. Andrews....Cookeville vs. Germantown(tommorrow night)....Riverdale vs. Warren Co. (tommorrow night)......just post the scores after tonight and tommorrow's games.