Mt. Juliet vs. Clarksville

Bates Water Gardens

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Bates Water Gardens @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:04 AM) 826393052[/snapback]How do these teams match up?

This was the preseason picks for the region title game with Clarksville probably favored to win. I think MJ has more of a advantage inside with Dixon-Payne combination. But Clarksville's big guys have an obvious overall team athletic advantage..Expecting a good game.

QUOTE(TnBball @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826393115[/snapback]This was the preseason picks for the region title game with Clarksville probably favored to win. I think MJ has more of a advantage inside with Dixon-Payne combination. But Clarksville's big guys have an obvious overall team athletic advantage..Expecting a good game.

I have not seen Clarksville, but I know MJ is a balanced team O and D that is also very atheltic. The Bears are playing the best ball of their season!

MJ in a close one!

QUOTE(MJ AND BEYOND @ Mar 1 2007 - 12:41 AM) 826394468[/snapback]I have not seen Clarksville, but I know MJ is a balanced team O and D that is also very atheltic. The Bears are playing the best ball of their season!

MJ in a close one!

I didnt say MJ wasnt athletic but no one will argue that Clarksville has an overall TEAM athletic team advantage. Not sure if that will translate into a victory but it does make a difference in tournament games because of how physical they can get. Obviously MJ is a very physical team and has been that way since Troy Allen took over. I think thats the stamp that he puts on his teams.

Well Clarksville is winning..Not sure if they're really playing as they were in Jan but at this point in the season you just win and advance. Not sure who I will give the nod to because both teams have solid PGs in Caldwell-Craig. Dixon-Merriweather matchup should be a good one.

QUOTE(Golfendude @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:02 PM) 826393908[/snapback]Wildcats, MOVE ON. Can't wait to see you guys again on the football field MJ.

Good luck to both teams.

The loser of tonight's contest is not eliminated from the State Tournament. It is not the 'end of the road' for either team. The winner of tonights contest will go on to host the loser of the Franklin/Whites Creek game. The loser of tonight's contest will travel to the winner of Franklin/White's Creek game. Both teams have already earned a birth in the Sectionals.

At any rate, Clarksville should be a heavy favorite (one newspapers assessment anyway) in tonight's contest with Mt. Juliet. I think the only thing that could hinder Clarksville in this contest is if they approach the game non-chalantly knowing that a loss would not end their season.