Eagleville vs. East Literature

eaglesfly56

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These refs were the 3rd worst I have ever seen. I mean there was at least 5 times a ref pointed one way and then he changed his mind and pointed the other way. The EL boys would jump straight up in the air (while being boxed out) and tip the ball the other way and there would be no over the back call, I mean if that isnt over the back then someone tell me. I am sure about this though, no one is allowed to get behind the goal while the shooter is shooting free throws and I saw two cheerleaders from EL jumping up and down like their life depended on it and screaming behind the goal. If no one believes me then tell me why a cop had to go ask them to move over because they couldnt stand there. The game should of been over in the 4th with Eagleville winning. I am just glad we already had a bid into sub-state.

#1. If you jump "straight up in the air" like YOU said, then it cannot be over the back. YOUR player would have to back up under him if he jumped "straight up in the air". Either way it is not a foul on East Lit.

#2 Those same terrible refs made two of the worst charging calls I have seen in 35 years. Both in your favor in the 2nd half.

#3. We had to convince that same officer you speak of not to arrest two of your players for felony assault on several of our inside shots.

#4. You are correct that the game should have been over in the 4th. If you had hit your free throws it would have been. Remember how we got the ball back with 13 seconds left to score the tying basket and send it to overtime? We beat you by 10 because we hit ours. 19-25 to be exact.

Eagleville played extremely hard. They were well prepared and executed well except for late at the foul line. Little things make all the difference. Lord knows we have lost several games this year due to missed foul shots ourselves. Good luck at Culleoka. Try not to let those rose-colored glasses cloud your vision.

QUOTE(Youngtower28 @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:55 PM) 826395986[/snapback]These refs were the 3rd worst I have ever seen. I mean there was at least 5 times a ref pointed one way and then he changed his mind and pointed the other way. The EL boys would jump straight up in the air (while being boxed out) and tip the ball the other way and there would be no over the back call, I mean if that isnt over the back then someone tell me. I am sure about this though, no one is allowed to get behind the goal while the shooter is shooting free throws and I saw two cheerleaders from EL jumping up and down like their life depended on it and screaming behind the goal. If no one believes me then tell me why a cop had to go ask them to move over because they couldnt stand there. The game should of been over in the 4th with Eagleville winning. I am just glad we already had a bid into sub-state.

Those dang cheerleaders! They get you beat every time! HA!!!!HA!!!!! Thats to funny!!!! Sounds like a good game, don't make poor execuses for a overtime game that sounds like it could have went either way.

QUOTE(Youngtower28 @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:55 PM) 826395986[/snapback]These refs were the 3rd worst I have ever seen. I mean there was at least 5 times a ref pointed one way and then he changed his mind and pointed the other way. The EL boys would jump straight up in the air (while being boxed out) and tip the ball the other way and there would be no over the back call, I mean if that isnt over the back then someone tell me. I am sure about this though, no one is allowed to get behind the goal while the shooter is shooting free throws and I saw two cheerleaders from EL jumping up and down like their life depended on it and screaming behind the goal. If no one believes me then tell me why a cop had to go ask them to move over because they couldnt stand there. The game should of been over in the 4th with Eagleville winning. I am just glad we already had a bid into sub-state.

Here is another little tidbit slick. Your people wouldn't let us have any basketballs to warm-up with until 15 minutes to go before game time. The rule is 30 minutes on the first game (in this case the only game of the night). It is only 15 minutes if it is between games. Of course they couldn't have given us any to shoot with anyway because your players had them all over in your other gym shooting /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> (yeah we knew what was going down). /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Nice try. I guess they should have spent more time practicing their free throws over there. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Isn't it ironic. Don't you think?