IMAC Predictions

mowesttrojan

QUOTE(mwtfan @ Mar 5 2007 - 05:13 PM) 826400803[/snapback]Cocke County's schedule is now up on tssaa.org:

Cocke County scrimmaged @ Rutledge today and lost 12-2. Looked really young and inexperienced. Only threw one pitcher and she will have a difficult time being successful in the IMAC. Looks like they will have a hard time finishing anywhere but last.

1. M West

2. Cherokee

3. M East

4. Jeff Co.

5. Greenville

6. Cocke Co.

The top three could finish in any order, though.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West does have a lot of skilled players and there will be a lot of competition for positions. I believe there will probably be a couple of folks who were big contributors last year who'll start the year sitting. However, I think the opportunity to play will present itself, and it will boil down to who performs. The pitchers behind Whitehead are young, yet promising. I wouldn't venture to rank them at this point. I really haven't seen them throw yet this year. Looking forward to a couple of scrimmages. Should be a fun year. I think the Hill girl at Jeff (freshman) will be a really good one before she's finished. Turley was a good pitcher when she was younger, I just don't know how much she's thrown in the last couple of years. She's definetly a very good athlete.

QUOTE(statman3 @ Mar 3 2007 - 07:58 PM) 826398560[/snapback]A few more scrimmage results

Cherokee 4 Virginia High 0

Science Hill 2 Cherokee 0

Powell Valley, Va. 2 Cherokee 1

Cherokee 4 Science Hill 0

Unicoi County 1 Cherokee 0

Morristown East 11 Unicoi County 2

Cherokee either shuts them out or gets shut out it seems. Got to get those bats going by regular season.

3/6/-07 Rutledge at Morristown West SCRIMMAGE - West won handily. I think the score on the board was 17-2. West pitched Whitehead for the first 3 innings, then 4 other pitchers (1 sophomore & 3 freshmen) over the next 4 innings. West got up early & looked pretty good throughout. After about 5 innings, both teams were shuffling players in and out getting everyone some playing time. Rutledge has quite a bit of talent & should have a very successful year in 2A.

QUOTE(mwtfan @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:40 PM) 826402767[/snapback]3/6/-07 Rutledge at Morristown West SCRIMMAGE - West won handily. I think the score on the board was 17-2. West pitched Whitehead for the first 3 innings, then 4 other pitchers (1 sophomore & 3 freshmen) over the next 4 innings. West got up early & looked pretty good throughout. After about 5 innings, both teams were shuffling players in and out getting everyone some playing time. Rutledge has quite a bit of talent & should have a very successful year in 2A.

Not sure of the score, but heard that East handled Sevier County pretty soundly in a scrimmage tonight.

QUOTE(mwtfan @ Mar 5 2007 - 05:13 PM) 826400803[/snapback]Cocke County's schedule is now up on tssaa.org:

I can't find a full schedule for Greenville anywhere. I can't even find where it looks like anyone in east TN other than IMAC teams have them on their schedules. That is except for home and away with Daniel Boone and one game with Pigeon Forge. Are they just playing a 13 game schedule plus tournaments?

QUOTE(mwtfan @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:40 PM) 826402767[/snapback]3/6/-07 Rutledge at Morristown West SCRIMMAGE - West won handily. I think the score on the board was 17-2. West pitched Whitehead for the first 3 innings, then 4 other pitchers (1 sophomore & 3 freshmen) over the next 4 innings. West got up early & looked pretty good throughout. After about 5 innings, both teams were shuffling players in and out getting everyone some playing time. Rutledge has quite a bit of talent & should have a very successful year in 2A.

West looked really good in the scrimmage against Rutledge. It was 3-0 after 3 innings and West put across 7 runs in the 4th to open things up. Whitehead threw well and top to bottom the girls hit the ball well. Defensively they made all the plays you expect them to make. Great job ladies and good luck this season. Both teams did play everybody several innings, but West's young girls looked up to the challenge. It's good to see Jackson back and looking good behind the plate. With the addition of some of the young talent and the strong vetran leadership from the senior class West will be hard to beat this year.

QUOTE(statman3 @ Mar 7 2007 - 02:01 AM) 826403110[/snapback]I can't find a full schedule for Greenville anywhere. I can't even find where it looks like anyone in east TN other than IMAC teams have them on their schedules. That is except for home and away with Daniel Boone and one game with Pigeon Forge. Are they just playing a 13 game schedule plus tournaments?

Greenville schedule now on TSSAA. Looks like they are playing a light 13 game schedule plus 2 tournaments.

QUOTE(statman3 @ Mar 3 2007 - 07:58 PM) 826398560[/snapback]A few more scrimmage results

Cherokee 4 Virginia High 0

Science Hill 2 Cherokee 0

Powell Valley, Va. 2 Cherokee 1

Cherokee 4 Science Hill 0

Unicoi County 1 Cherokee 0

Morristown East 11 Unicoi County 2

Cherokee either shuts them out or gets shut out it seems. Got to get those bats going by regular season.

More scrimmage results:

M East 7 Dobyns Bennett 1

Cherokee 15 West Greene 2

QUOTE(mwtfan @ Mar 8 2007 - 11:46 PM) 826405794[/snapback]M West 11 Seymour 0

Seymour shortstop is still out

If anyone has more information on Natalie Hawn (SS for Seymour) please let me know. My email address is brdrake10@comcast.net. I was told her father passed away in a car accident. I always talked with Natalie and her dad in the summer at tournaments and I was hoping to send a card to her. She is a great girl and I know her dad was very proud of her. If anyone has a mailing address, please let me know.

QUOTE(statman3 @ Mar 11 2007 - 06:05 PM) 826408339[/snapback]Good luck to all IMAC teams on opening night:

Cherokee at Volunteer for a Double header

Morristown East at Unicoi County

Morristown West at University High

Jeff County at Rutledge

Cocke County hosting South Greene

Greenville hosting Pigeon Forge on Tuesday night

Rutledge over Jeff County 9-0.