IMAC Predictions

mowesttrojan

QUOTE(TNT @ Mar 27 2007 - 02:32 PM) 826424182[/snapback]THE IMAC IS LOADED THIS YEAR WITH PITCHERS ALL BUT NEWPORT I THINK......

JEFFERSON

MINDY HELTON

ASHELY EARLS

ALI MILLER

TORI HILL

Jeff Co. has a very good pitcher that is not listed "Jennifer Turley" she hasnt pitched in a few years account of Katy Jett being their, but the coach either doesn't know she pitches or she just don't pitch her.

Only one of these pitchers is of competitive caliber, freshman Tori Hill. She is currently suspended for disciplinary reasons.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fastpitch_chick @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:58 AM) 826426613[/snapback]One thing that will help Cherokee is knowing how to pitch around the batters. Both of Cherokees pitchers have faced the West girls plenty of times. And the word in the streets is that Pokey has lost speed, so maybe the difference will be just enough for Cherokee to take the win, unless the poor coaching shows /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I've never been impressed by West pitcher, but she keeps getting the job done. As for pitching around batters -- that's not an option. When you have "HITTERS" like McKinney and Watson trying to find a way on the field (hitting isn't your problem). West may have one or two that are a little suspect, but if Cherokee wins -- it won't be because they were able to pitch around hitters.

West can play small ball with slappers, bunters, and speed. They have numerous that can hit for power. They have plenty that hit for average.

Bottom line -- Cherokee will have to score. You may occassionally find West slumping on offense this year, but it won't be for long periods of time, and rarely will it be for an entire game.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

QUOTE(TNT @ Mar 30 2007 - 09:32 PM) 826426826[/snapback]Congrats to Katy Jett former Jeff County player now at ETSU hit 2 home runs off Monica Abbott tonight in game 1 of a double header.

She was 2 for 3 against her with 3 RBI's.

She also got the only hit off of Rhodes in the nightcap, as well as making two diving snowcone grabs from right field. What a night for this young lady.

QUOTE(fastpitch_chick @ Mar 30 2007 - 12:58 PM) 826426613[/snapback]One thing that will help Cherokee is knowing how to pitch around the batters. Both of Cherokees pitchers have faced the West girls plenty of times. And the word in the streets is that Pokey has lost speed, so maybe the difference will be just enough for Cherokee to take the win, unless the poor coaching shows /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Do you play for Cherokee?

Someone said:

"Kandice Irwin the best pitcher in the area from Knox Central and throws low to mid 70's "

Yes, she is a good pitcher but she DOES NOT throw in the 70's or anywhere close. My guess would be 63 or so.

If she could throw drop curves in the mid seventies she would be on the USA Olympic Team, or at least on the Woman's Junior Olympic team, and trust me, she is not.

QUOTE(TNT @ Mar 30 2007 - 07:32 PM) 826426826[/snapback]Congrats to Katy Jett former Jeff County player now at ETSU hit 2 home runs off Monica Abbott tonight in game 1 of a double header.

She was 2 for 3 against her with 3 RBI's.

Congrats Katy...the fans of the IMAC are so proud of you!!!! Wow what an accomplishment....hitting not just one but two homeruns off what some people may call the best pitcher in the country. You make us proud.

QUOTE(swingaway @ Apr 1 2007 - 07:32 AM) 826427459[/snapback]Someone said:

"Kandice Irwin the best pitcher in the area from Knox Central and throws low to mid 70's "

Yes, she is a good pitcher but she DOES NOT throw in the 70's or anywhere close. My guess would be 63 or so.

If she could throw drop curves in the mid seventies she would be on the USA Olympic Team, or at least on the Woman's Junior Olympic team, and trust me, she is not.

Speed is not always everything when pitching is involved....being able to place the ball and hit your spots are just a few more things that make up a good pitcher. There are some very good pitchers in this area. I hope all these girls can play in college and continue to improve and become great players. Watching these girls now and after high school will be something great to look forward to.

" Speed is not always everything when pitching is involved....being able to place the ball and hit your spots are just a few more things that make up a good pitcher. "

Yes, being able to hit your spots is important. Movement AND Hitting your spots AND speed , AND ability to change your speeds, are all needed to pitch successfully in college