East Ridge 57 Howard 47

Icy

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Icy @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:57 PM) 826394173[/snapback]How good is East Ridge?

Apparently they are pretty good beeting howard for District and Region championships.. Howard is a great team what are they ranked 3rd in state I belive, and East Ridge beat themn both times in the championship games.. howard is a great team so that means East Ridge has to be pretty Great...

How good do yall think Philip and Alex are..?? If anyone still says philip is overrated you must not have seen him play tonight and last night against brainerd and alex was the main man in the second half of the brainerd tonight and hit key free throws to seal the game tonight.....

D. Taylor-- looked like he was finally finding his rythm tonight.. it was good to see that

D. Ricks---- Came out to play tonight after that 2 game suspension.. he looked good tonight and led his team on his shoulder like he does because he is there heart of the team....

I don't think Ricks played that well. He usually scores a lot more than just 5.

We played zone on them the entire game (until they were holding the ball late which meant we played man).

Howard CAN shoot the ball well. But when they do, it's because they take good shots. When they start just taking quick 3's without really running the offense they can get down pretty quickly.

Congrats to East Ridge.

Good luck to both teams in the sectionals.

I have seen Howard often. They are not good shooters. They have a couple of guys that can hit a few but if you keep them from getting into transition and keep them from the basket in the half court sets, you have a chance. You also have to take away their offensive rebounding.

East Ridge did those things in the district and won. I assume they did that last night as well. Boyd did that in the region and had chances to win. They limited Howard's transition game for all of the game except two - three minutes in the second quarter and that proved to be the difference in the game.

I think if you allow them 6 three pointers a game you can survive if you dont give up transition and offensive rebounds.

I am impressed by East Ridge. For a long time, I thought Jurick was overrated but I am not so sure now. It may be that he only plays as hard as he needs to. I think both of these teams have a chance to move on. They will play very good teams from the other region they match up with. It will be tough.

QUOTE(Bledsoebtheboys @ Mar 1 2007 - 01:47 PM) 826395055[/snapback]Howard couldn't hit there free throws last night..... Had they hit them then the game would've been closer....

The game was close to the very end Howard was beating east ridge by 11 going to half and they had that lead all first half and right before the 3rd quarter buzzer East Ridge got it to 2.. so I mean Howard played well last night

QUOTE(abc123kid @ Mar 1 2007 - 01:45 PM) 826395185[/snapback]The game was close to the very end Howard was beating east ridge by 11 going to half and they had that lead all first half and right before the 3rd quarter buzzer East Ridge got it to 2.. so I mean Howard played well last night

Howard was ahead by 1 after the 3rd quarter.... Howard played good last night until the end when they needed to hit free throws and couldn't do it....

It seemed to me that Howard was tired in the fourth quarter. The players were not responding well to the coach. Jurick proved to me that he has heart. He threw a couple of elbows on Allen and took him completely out of his game. Jurick just dominated the paint. D. Ricks seemed to be a bit rusty but with the playoffs coming I am glad to see that Taylor is coming into his own. I still think that Howard has the better team but East Ridge seems to be peaking at the right time. I think both teams will win their sectional games and move on but if you look at it the looser of this game seems to me to have a better shot at going far in the tourney but both will have to eventually face Liberty and Booker T Washington(They always beat Howard). But if Jurick dominates the paint like he did last night who knows what East Ridge can do. Bradford Turner played a great game as well