Bradley at Home vs White County

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Mar 7 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826403618[/snapback]Butler did. TO is a great player, but when he has someone on him at all times, he is not going to @@@@ up the points like he does against these teams that dont play defense. There are going to be games where the shooting isnt there, so Bradley better be able to rely on their defense in those moments or they are going to have a very tough time getting to the state championship

Don't pay any attention to these BCHS Bears being from White County we have seen you both. There is no comparison!!

We were never really in the games with Oakland your defense took us out early then you would let us get into respectable

range. I felt like we had the Bradley County game most of the way but give them credit they stepped up their intensity in

the fourth quarter. They have the TO kid who can shot light out from anywhere on the court but I know the King will have him

pressured the whole game and you have enough size to handle the big guys. Just make sure you get to the finals and represent

7aaa sorry we wont be there to carry the banner along with you. But beware you cocky guys in the boro White County will be

back strong next year!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mentn @ Mar 7 2007 - 02:13 PM) 826403723[/snapback]Don't pay any attention to these BCHS Bears being from White County we have seen you both. There is no comparison!!

We were never really in the games with Oakland your defense took us out early then you would let us get into respectable

range. I felt like we had the Bradley County game most of the way but give them credit they stepped up their intensity in

the fourth quarter. They have the TO kid who can shot light out from anywhere on the court but I know the King will have him

pressured the whole game and you have enough size to handle the big guys. Just make sure you get to the finals and represent

7aaa sorry we wont be there to carry the banner along with you. But beware you cocky guys in the boro White County will be

back strong next year!!

I know the guys will try their best. As long as we get to hoist the gold ball this year, White County can rule the roost next year for all I care /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Mar 7 2007 - 03:09 PM) 826403714[/snapback]I use Red Bank because you guys lost to them once and probably should have again. Like I said earlier, we led White County by 16-20 all game and they made a run at the end, we started that game on a 17-0 run. Yeah I know you guys can score, but when you have to actually play defense, can Bradley win a game in the 50's or even in the 40's, oakland can and has many this season, but they have also won games where they scored more than 70, but your in big trouble if Oakland hangs that on ya because I cant count the niumber of times on my one hand how many times Oakland has given up more than 55 points, and thats the reason why Bradley hasnt and wont win the state championship under Kent Smith, who I respect a great deal, but a great defense beats a great offense any day of the week

I am seriously not being a smart *** cause I really don't know. Has Oakland won a state championship? If so, what years?

Bradley has been in a susbstate game 9 out of the last 11 years and has been to the state tournament 5 times and finished runners-up two of those times. Coach Smith put Bradley back on the map as a state contender after many years in the 80's and early's 90's of not winning district! Would like to get the gold ball back again. GO BEARS!

QUOTE(lesbearcat @ Mar 8 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826405088[/snapback]I am seriously not being a smart *** cause I really don't know. Has Oakland won a state championship? If so, what years?

Bradley has been in a susbstate game 9 out of the last 11 years and has been to the state tournament 5 times and finished runners-up two of those times. Coach Smith put Bradley back on the map as a state contender after many years in the 80's and early's 90's of not winning district! Would like to get the gold ball back again. GO BEARS!

No Oakland hasnt won a state championship, but was the runner up in 1984. This will be their 8th trip to the state tournament. I can think of at least 6 substate appearances for Oakland in the past 11 years, but Coach King has merely maintained the success that Oakland has had over the years, although he did take over the program when it was down

QUOTE(lesbearcat @ Mar 8 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826405088[/snapback]I am seriously not being a smart *** cause I really don't know. Has Oakland won a state championship? If so, what years?

If i remember correctly history doesnt win championships. You must be an Alabama fan.

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Mar 8 2007 - 04:05 PM) 826405122[/snapback]No Oakland hasnt won a state championship, but was the runner up in 1984. This will be their 8th trip to the state tournament. I can think of at least 6 substate appearances for Oakland in the past 11 years, but Coach King has merely maintained the success that Oakland has had over the years, although he did take over the program when it was down

Thanks for the info! Wish you all the best of luck and I have to admit that I'm glad you are in the other bracket (Ya'll sound awesome). Maybe we'll get to meet in the finals.

QUOTE(TeRrAnCe_JaY21 @ Mar 8 2007 - 04:30 PM) 826405163[/snapback]If i remember correctly history doesnt win championships. You must be an Alabama fan.

My point TeRrAnCe_JaY21 (not that I was directing my original question to you.....I believe it was to OaklandGrad) was that we have had a strong program as has Oakland. They are always strong. My question to OaklandGrad was sincere. Anyway......seems like you always have an opinion as I have seen on other threads. Maybe you should get into talk Radio. By the way, I hate Alabama!

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Mar 8 2007 - 03:05 PM) 826405122[/snapback]No Oakland hasnt won a state championship, but was the runner up in 1984. This will be their 8th trip to the state tournament. I can think of at least 6 substate appearances for Oakland in the past 11 years, but Coach King has merely maintained the success that Oakland has had over the years, although he did take over the program when it was down

I was a youngster, but I remember that 1984 team. That was White County's 1st season in AAA. I don't recall seeing a Boro team playing up until that point because we were in 7AA before that. I believe Oakland was the 1st district game on our schedule that year. They came to White county and shot between 80-90% from the field and killed us by about 30 points or more. I remember thinking that if all teams in 7AAA are this good we are in trouble. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Did they go undefeated until the state championship? If they did that would be a bummer.

QUOTE(85warrior @ Mar 8 2007 - 05:40 PM) 826405299[/snapback]I was a youngster, but I remember that 1984 team. That was White County's 1st season in AAA. I don't recall seeing a Boro team playing up until that point because we were in 7AA before that. I believe Oakland was the 1st district game on our schedule that year. They came to White county and shot between 80-90% from the field and killed us by about 30 points or more. I remember thinking that if all teams in 7AAA are this good we are in trouble. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Did they go undefeated until the state championship? If they did that would be a bummer.

Yeah, I believe they did, 31-1

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:06 PM) 826405470[/snapback]Thats why I am so excited about this team, the chance to have a gold ball to go with that silver one, that and make it 3 championships in the last 9 years for 7-aaa

Well, if you guys make the finals I'll probably be there. I usually go to the girls and boys finals whether my team is in it or not. If that happens maybe I'll talk to ya.