Liberty Tech vs Pearl Cohn......

P.A.Lin-Z

QUOTE(athomp54 @ Mar 2 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826397129[/snapback]as a firebird alumni i can't wait to see your faces like franklins last night

YOu may be an alumni, but that doesn't mean anything to LT. I am from Waverly and have had the opportunity to see LT play and others play in the area. NO one will get close to LT in this area. Sorry firebirds.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Mar 2 2007 - 12:03 AM) 826396401[/snapback]This will be an interesting game as Pearl Cohn will be able to match the speed and athleticism of Liberty. The question is can Pearl shoot well enough to stay in the game. The Masons will hold their own and this might be a game to watch.

So you're saying that Pearl Cohn can match the athleticism of Liberty Tech, yet the Firebirds only scored over 70 pts in three games this year. Liberty Tech scored over 70 in all but 5 games. And those five games were out of state tournament games. Other than that they are consistently in the 80's and 90's. Pearl Cohn hasn't seen a team like these guys. I say that LT wins by 25+

well ive been readin all this and i would have to agree.....liberty will demolish pearl cohn. but it aint cause of how many games pearl has lost to or how bad they lost to them and how bad liberty beat the teams pearl lost to.....itll be because liberty is a wonderful basketball team. that all was stupid to put up whoever did it.....basketball is all bout matchups....i know this and hopefully all the ones that are posting do too. we lost twice to spring hill by about 5 points in the regular season this year....we also did the same against giles where we lost by about 5 both games....however giles beat spring hill by about 20....sooooo obviously we match up to giles better than spring hill does. with all that bein said....i really dont care who wins. but good luck to both teams and see whoever wins at state.

QUOTE(Nation!?.... @ Mar 3 2007 - 12:19 AM) 826397908[/snapback]well ive been readin all this and i would have to agree.....liberty will demolish pearl cohn. but it aint cause of how many games pearl has lost to or how bad they lost to them and how bad liberty beat the teams pearl lost to.....itll be because liberty is a wonderful basketball team. that all was stupid to put up whoever did it.....basketball is all bout matchups....i know this and hopefully all the ones that are posting do too. we lost twice to spring hill by about 5 points in the regular season this year....we also did the same against giles where we lost by about 5 both games....however giles beat spring hill by about 20....sooooo obviously we match up to giles better than spring hill does. with all that bein said....i really dont care who wins. but good luck to both teams and see whoever wins at state.

I compared the two teams the only way you can.....with what they have in common. Not trying to match anybody up because I don't hink you really can on paper. Some people are interested in that kind of stuff. I wouldn't exactly call it stupid.....I wouldn't call you stupid for what you said (although I would be tempted). Anything can happen on any given night.....but your not talking about just anybody.

Here's something to remember about this game between Liberty and Pearl Cohn. Liberty will be totally motivated to win this game and win it with authority. The gym will be rockin', this will be the last time "The Starting Five" will play at Liberty as the Liberty Crusaders. You don't want to miss this one. You can afford to miss any other game in the state that night.....but not this one. This team will be talked about for years to come in this area. In my opinion this is the best combination of highschool players to come thru this state in a long time......We at Liberty will send them to the state tournament in style.

The net will come down and will be placed in the trophy case with the game ball. If it were up to me.....#33, #21, #24, #31, #3, would all be retired and their jerseys would hang forever in the halls of Liberty as a rememberance of what it takes to be true champions.......it's all about team.

It's more than a game....it is an event. AND I CARE WHO WINS IT!!!!

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 3 2007 - 09:21 AM) 826398097[/snapback]I compared the two teams the only way you can.....with what they have in common. Not trying to match anybody up because I don't hink you really can on paper. Some people are interested in that kind of stuff. I wouldn't exactly call it stupid.....I wouldn't call you stupid for what you said (although I would be tempted). Anything can happen on any given night.....but your not talking about just anybody.

Here's something to remember about this game between Liberty and Pearl Cohn. Liberty will be totally motivated to win this game and win it with authority. The gym will be rockin', this will be the last time "The Starting Five" will play at Liberty as the Liberty Crusaders. You don't want to miss this one. You can afford to miss any other game in the state that night.....but not this one. This team will be talked about for years to come in this area. In my opinion this is the best combination of highschool players to come thru this state in a long time......We at Liberty will send them to the state tournament in style.

The net will come down and will be placed in the trophy case with the game ball. If it were up to me.....#33, #21, #24, #31, #3, would all be retired and their jerseys would hang forever in the halls of Liberty as a rememberance of what it takes to be true champions.......it's all about team.

It's more than a game....it is an event. AND I CARE WHO WINS IT!!!!

The Crusader Nation will be rockin Monday night. Pearl Cohn will be defeated before the game starts. I agree they should retire those numbers and Brandon's also. This team set the standard, being the first boys basketball state champion in Jackson, and the school has only been in existence for four years. P.A.Lin-Z your daughter was in the first freshman class. This will be awesome Monday night.

QUOTE(nebuntyn @ Mar 3 2007 - 10:07 AM) 826398143[/snapback]The Crusader Nation will be rockin Monday night. Pearl Cohn will be defeated before the game starts. I agree they should retire those numbers and Brandon's also. This team set the standard, being the first boys basketball state champion in Jackson, and the school has only been in existence for four years. P.A.Lin-Z your daughter was in the first freshman class. This will be awesome Monday night.

Yeah....and she is the first and only cheerleader to complete 4 years of cheerleading at Liberty. Way to go Ashes!!!! Her and Anthony Sampson went to middle school together. It will be a special night for Coach Williams and Anthony Sampson....he and Ant go back the Northeast Middle School.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 2 2007 - 08:35 PM) 826397606[/snapback]I don't know how it's gonna turn out.....I believe Liberty will win. If Pearl Cohn has gotten this far this season, they deserve plenty of respect. Their fans are coming to Jackson to see their team play the #1 team in the state. I hope ya'll have a good time while your in our town. Look me up if you can.....I will enjoy meeting you.

Manassas did beat Pearl Cohn....but they are a 3A team. I noticed on their schedule they aren't afraid to play up. That's a key to success.

Manassas is A, not AAA. They're in District 16-A with Westside and Middleton.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 3 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826398186[/snapback]Yeah....and she is the first and only cheerleader to complete 4 years of cheerleading at Liberty. Way to go Ashes!!!! Her and Anthony Sampson went to middle school together. It will be a special night for Coach Williams and Anthony Sampson....he and Ant go back the Northeast Middle School.

nebuntyn, what's more amazing is that P.A. Lin-Z's daughter did this and had him as a dad. Isn't that amazing? lol /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Just kidding P.A. Congrats!

QUOTE(papatiger @ Mar 3 2007 - 07:19 PM) 826398588[/snapback]nebuntyn, what's more amazing is that P.A. Lin-Z's daughter did this and had him as a dad. Isn't that amazing? lol /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Just kidding P.A. Congrats!

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(papatiger @ Mar 3 2007 - 07:19 PM) 826398588[/snapback]nebuntyn, what's more amazing is that P.A. Lin-Z's daughter did this and had him as a dad. Isn't that amazing? lol /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Just kidding P.A. Congrats!

Yeah......that ranks right in there with the Red Sea incident. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> She's got my looks though. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />