Giles Co v/s Bolivar

#1VolFan

QUOTE(westtennsports @ Mar 6 2007 - 06:36 AM) 826401750[/snapback]I know you're excited because a West TN team didn't come rain on your parade this year (see Humboldt 2005), but there is no way. . repeat NO WAY Giles will be the 06-07 champs. Liberty in a walk and there are at least three other teams headed to the Boro who are better if there were no Liberty.

You don't have to worry about GC being the 06-07 champs. Liberty will not allow that to happen.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me take off my Green and White Bolivar glasses and comment on this game.

First off, Giles County is very good. They have good size and they didn't make many mistakes until the 4th quarter. What Giles fans don't realize is that this is, without a doubt, the weakest Bolivar team we have had in 10 years. The talent is there, but we are just so young this year. Giles County fans should applaud their team because making it to M'boro is a real accomplishment itself (we should know). But beating Bolivar THIS year really isn't anything to bragg on. (Heck, even Southside beat us once this year.) Now that being said, before we can speak of a Giles Co vs Liberty game, there is a little team from Memphis that might have another say in that. It's a tournament and anything can happen in one game. However, Bolivar has played Mitchell and Giles. And IMO and most of Bolivar's, Mitchell is 10 pts better.

QUOTE(truhoopsfan @ Mar 6 2007 - 06:09 PM) 826402519[/snapback]Let me take off my Green and White Bolivar glasses and comment on this game.

First off, Giles County is very good. They have good size and they didn't make many mistakes until the 4th quarter. What Giles fans don't realize is that this is, without a doubt, the weakest Bolivar team we have had in 10 years. The talent is there, but we are just so young this year. Giles County fans should applaud their team because making it to M'boro is a real accomplishment itself (we should know). But beating Bolivar THIS year really isn't anything to bragg on. (Heck, even Southside beat us once this year.) Now that being said, before we can speak of a Giles Co vs Liberty game, there is a little team from Memphis that might have another say in that. It's a tournament and anything can happen in one game. However, Bolivar has played Mitchell and Giles. And IMO and most of Bolivar's, Mitchell is 10 pts better.

this part of bolivar concurs

QUOTE(Big Country @ Mar 6 2007 - 04:14 PM) 826402527[/snapback]Being from the midstate area I HOPE GILES DRILLS MITCHELL!!!!!!!!!!

GC will not be able to drill Mitchell because as i recall, they got all of their points from the post because of Bolivar being so small. Mitchell has size and will blow GC away unless they get some shooters ASAP.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Mar 6 2007 - 04:14 PM) 826402527[/snapback]Being from the midstate area I HOPE GILES DRILLS MITCHELL!!!!!!!!!!

I understand that and I always respect your midstate info. If you have not seen Mitchell, here is short synopsis of Mitchell vs Giles. Their size in the post is pretty even. Mitchell has some "long" wing players that cause trouble in defense. Mitchell has two distinct advantages:

1. This is a much more disciplined Mitchell team this year. Forget about the 2nd half collapsed against Liberty last year. This Mitchell team is different.

2. Jarvis Jones is an absolute stud! I didn't see anyone from Giles last night that can match up with him. Heck, Jeremy Rhodes gave GC 27 pts last night and he only played 3 minutes in the first half due to foul trouble.

Just my assessment, FWIW.

QUOTE(truhoopsfan @ Mar 6 2007 - 04:57 PM) 826402560[/snapback]I understand that and I always respect your midstate info. If you have not seen Mitchell, here is short synopsis of Mitchell vs Giles. Their size in the post is pretty even. Mitchell has some "long" wing players that cause trouble in defense. Mitchell has two distinct advantages:

1. This is a much more disciplined Mitchell team this year. Forget about the 2nd half collapsed against Liberty last year. This Mitchell team is different. Yeah....they had a two half collapse against Liberty this year. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

2. Jarvis Jones is an absolute stud! I didn't see anyone from Giles last night that can match up with him. Heck, Jeremy Rhodes gave GC 27 pts last night and he only played 3 minutes in the first half due to foul trouble.

Just my assessment, FWIW.