PF vs. AE

themhlman

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(golf__freak @ Mar 3 2007 - 01:57 AM) 826397940[/snapback]pigeon forge won't win. the only way they can score is on the fast breaks. that is the only way, they arent even very good. i watched them against unicoi and they got beat in every way except on the score board. no chance for PF

that's just silly

QUOTE(PFDAD @ Mar 5 2007 - 02:51 AM) 826400141[/snapback]that's just silly

Let me step into this before the wrong impression gets made. Pigeon Forge won the game against Unicoi County. The Blue Devil fans (including myself) should be frustrated at the fact that we seemingly had the upset in hand, but let it slip through our fingers; thanks in no small part to the stellar play of PF very late in the game. It's hard for Erwin fans to understand that we were the underdogs going into that game, but its true. Pigeon Forge thrives at running the ball up and down the court- fastbreaks and transition. I was also impressed with their ability to move the ball in the halfcourt to get semi-open looks for their 3 point shooters. I think they have some weaknesses that can be exploited, but what team doesn't? Saying that they're completely one dimensional and got dominated by UC is ridiculous. That was an incredible basketball game with #5 and #7 in the state going at it.

I wish Pigeon Forge the best of luck against Austin East- please don't let the ignorant opinions of a few bruise your feelings towards our county, fans, or team as a whole. From what I understand, AE has plenty of size and athleticism. This could make for another classic battle!

Go PF and UC!!

Ok AE won woopydo..N e one at the game knows the refs cheated PF bad....It was pathetic. the whole night refs called maybe 6-7 fouls to help PF but it was anotyher story for AE. i guess theyre r jus so good they never foul at least accirding to the refs.oh well whether screwed over by refs or not a loss is a loss. GO P-Forge you guys are true winners of tonights game no matter what the scoreboard said...Go Fulton represent the 865 proudly....

I was at the game too. The refs did not cheat PF, and I usually pull for PF. They missed calls both ways, but that was no way the reason the lost. It came down to the slow start plus the inability to compete with AE on the boards. Please don't make all Pigeon Forge fans look like whinners with a statement like that. Again, congrats to both teams.

QUOTE(bball35 @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:58 AM) 826401816[/snapback]I was at the game too. The refs did not cheat PF, and I usually pull for PF. They missed calls both ways, but that was no way the reason the lost. It came down to the slow start plus the inability to compete with AE on the boards. Please don't make all Pigeon Forge fans look like whinners with a statement like that. Again, congrats to both teams.

good post. i agree with you and I am a PF fan. I believe that austin east was the better team. they are a classy team with classy fans and although there were missed calls they were the better team last night. everyone in the east is pulling for the roadrunners.

QUOTE(pfsportsman82 @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826401485[/snapback]Ok AE won woopydo..N e one at the game knows the refs cheated PF bad....It was pathetic. the whole night refs called maybe 6-7 fouls to help PF but it was anotyher story for AE. i guess theyre r jus so good they never foul at least accirding to the refs.oh well whether screwed over by refs or not a loss is a loss. GO P-Forge you guys are true winners of tonights game no matter what the scoreboard said...Go Fulton represent the 865 proudly....

I guess the 12-0 start had nothing to do with it. How many wide open layups were missed? I guess the refs missed those shots for you guys also. Just take your loss and go on. Nobody was cheated, so get over it. AE was just too big and athletic. I don't know the exact stats, but it seemed to me that AE beat PF on the boards in every quarter. Neither team shot the ball very well last night. Many times the PF guards would hesitate to shoot the 3, drive to the basket and get their shot block. Congrats to PF on a good season. Let's hope AE represents for East TN at Murfreesboro.....

QUOTE(pfsportsman82 @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826401485[/snapback]Ok AE won woopydo..N e one at the game knows the refs cheated PF bad....It was pathetic. the whole night refs called maybe 6-7 fouls to help PF but it was anotyher story for AE. i guess theyre r jus so good they never foul at least accirding to the refs.oh well whether screwed over by refs or not a loss is a loss. GO P-Forge you guys are true winners of tonights game no matter what the scoreboard said...Go Fulton represent the 865 proudly....

Why is it so many are quick to blame refs? Can't you just accept that you got beat? Usually if you will look at missed layups, missed free throws, rebounds and turnovers you will see the difference in the game.

The easy way out for flamer posters is to blame the refs...who by the way are assigned by TSSAA and are from a completely neutral association in the state...probably somewhere out in the Midstate I'd say based on what I've ran into in the past.

I don't think the majority of PF fans are whiners, but it only takes one to ruin it for everyone doesn't it.