CAK

vols14

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(vols14 @ Mar 2 2007 - 01:59 PM) 826397026[/snapback]I think they definitely have the potential as long as everyone trusts each other and plays as a team.

I think they can- but still have to get past Catholic. The potential is that those two play each other 4 times....correct me if I am wrong Big G! The "Battle of the Bluff" will be a great match-up and I will be there. With Brandon Tarr as a forward or outside mid- he will be dangerous! The idea of Brandon feeding other players a good ball, should be as scary as him scoring by himself. That is what makes any player great. That Chase Nieri (sorry about that last name- I am guessing) kid from Catholic, will bring energy and sheer will to win. Anyone would be lucky to have a kid like that on their team. It should be a great game.

Now someone help me out with the time and place of the 1st game- PLEASE!!!

Man, there is a LOOOONG time to go before this even starts. There are a lot of teams who could take it. Catholic, Notre Dame, CCS, CSAS, CPA, FRA and even some local teams that are making some noise (ie. Alcoa). All of those teams have great talent, and it really depends on who can get that talent to play the best together. Who knows, somebody could come out of the clear blue and win it. That was what happened to us 5 years ago. L.A. and Westview have had good teams in the past, as well.

QUOTE(sccr11 @ Mar 2 2007 - 01:33 PM) 826397073[/snapback]Could CAK request being moved up a classification? It seems that it would be appropriate as they have won a/aa four times in a row.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Yeah, I guess Maryville and Alcoa should do that in football also. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 2 2007 - 02:11 PM) 826397041[/snapback]I think they can- but still have to get past Catholic. The potential is that those two play each other 4 times....correct me if I am wrong Big G! The "Battle of the Bluff" will be a great match-up and I will be there. With Brandon Tarr as a forward or outside mid- he will be dangerous! The idea of Brandon feeding other players a good ball, should be as scary as him scoring by himself. That is what makes any player great. That Chase Nieri (sorry about that last name- I am guessing) kid from Catholic, will bring energy and sheer will to win. Anyone would be lucky to have a kid like that on their team. It should be a great game.

Now someone help me out with the time and place of the 1st game- PLEASE!!!

Honestly I think Chase could take Brandon out of the game..

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Mar 3 2007 - 08:02 PM) 826398567[/snapback]/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Yeah, I guess Maryville and Alcoa should do that in football also. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I didn't mean that to be a smart aleck question. I don't have a dog in the fight. Could they according to TSSAA rules?

Remind me when Brandon Tarr last played? Was it his freshman year? Has he played high school ball since then? Has he been at CAK? Just wondering. I remember seeing him against CCS in the state finals which I believe was his freshman year.

Thanks. Looking forward to a fun Class A/AA season.

QUOTE(sccr11 @ Mar 3 2007 - 08:43 PM) 826398626[/snapback]I didn't mean that to be a smart aleck question. I don't have a dog in the fight. Could they according to TSSAA rules?

I believe that Greeneville H.S. plays up to AAA... (Not sure about that, though). I have a feeling that we wont need to go up a class. The way things are going, and things that I have heard through the "grapevine and rumor mill" privates lives in Div. 1 will not be lasting too much longer.

Let me jump back in on this topic. I hope that my new job will allow me to follow these threads more closely and see more games this year, but right now they have me everywhere.

I don't see any of the teams Big G mentions as being able to take his team although Catholic and Maybe Scheimmerhorns Notre Dame could be a stubbling block. Well,CPA maybe , the rest no way. Ok for some reason CCS surprises people sometime and may this year but FRA will not this year.

What I see CAK's biggest threat is bad luck. To win any State Championships, you have to be good but you also need a few bounces. Now I am not throwing the whammy at CAK, because I don't have that power and the history shows the one who does have the power to be in the favor of CAK.... Big G has done a great job, and has people wanting to go to CAK to play. There is an old saying , you make your own luck, that has merit but the problem with soccer is the ball makes it on bounce.

Spring rankings will be out soon on Student Sports, although, our first post will just be our 50 top teams, and yes CAK you will be in there