District 3 AAA

hhsheftylefty10

Well I'm hoping for a Halls win at home and a Karns win away.

Halls pitchers Clarke & White should be ready for this one. The bats which were dormant Monday nite should be spanking out some hits this evening. I going for a 6-4 game for the Red Devils. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were close Z-car 6-3 to the Devils. But you got your wish.

Let me be the first to say to Karns all Red Devil fans across this great nation very much appreciate your contribution to the cause tonight. We knew you could do it. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Baseballmad @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:11 PM) 826445392[/snapback]You were close Z-car 6-3 to the Devils. But you got your wish.

Let me be the first to say to Karns all Red Devil fans across this great nation very much appreciate your contribution to the cause tonight. We knew you could do it. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

U act like they just did it for Halls...well what ive got to say is all u got was a good seed for the tourney...if you cross paths with Karns they rnt going to just give it to you. Congrats on the Co-District Championship.

Karns along with Halls, Oak Ridge & Powell will be fighting for two spots to move on. Its going to be a dogfight. A lot of interest this year in the Tournament I don't see any one running away with it much like the season. The teams are very competitive.

The tournament will come down to several factors. Pitching, timely hitting, and errors.

I have seen more errors in games this year than ever before, district wide. Halls has made more error in the infield than I can count. They have to get the error bug off their back. Pitching is almost a tossup, West has two of the best I have seen but not real deep. Powell's pitching is good, as is Karns. Oak Ridge is getting it done in all situtations. Halls pitching may be the deepest but has been a little inconsistant. Hitting is hard to gauge, Powell's Hargis has the ability to get on base at will and make the best pitcher look bad. West has a good 1-5 hitters then slacks off after that, Karns is pretty good top to bottom as is Oak Ridge. Halls is struggling with hitting except for Cooper and Noe. I think the seeding is most important this year than ever. If the Halls bats will wakeup and stop the errors they look strong. If west can get that 3rd starter and can continue to hit the ball they can be a disruptive force. Oak Ridge needs to get their groove back after the loss to Karns they have the best odds. With Karns hitting their pitching stroke they will be in every game. Powell will need a little help from others and favorable matchups to be in the hunt. You are right it is a toss up. that's why you play ever game as if it's your last.

The great American game of baseball should be an unrelenting war of nerves...

Ty Cobb

QUOTE(bizazz @ May 3 2007 - 11:15 AM) 826450789[/snapback]At Halls

5/4

5:00 #1 Halls - #8 Campbell Co.

7:30 #4 Powell - #5 West

At Oak Ridge

5/4

5:00 #2 Oak Ridge - #7 Central

7:30 #3 Karns - #6 Clinton

losers on day one play at 12:00 saturday, while the winners at each site play at 2:30 on saturday

Halls 5 Powell 4

Fielden with the win allows two runs in five innings. Halls makes some great defensive plays and timely hits take care of business. Powell comes back and makes it close. When these two meet its always a big game. Oak Ridge will play Halls Tuesday at 5:00 p.m.

Karns shocked by Clinton then Central. They already bounce out of the tournament. 6 teams remain.

I think its West v Clinton and Powell v Central monday night in elimination games.