Did Antioch really beat Wilson Central?

Metroman

QUOTE(MJ AND BEYOND @ Mar 3 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826398935[/snapback]Jasmine Gunn. Some great guards showed up in AAA this year.

Speaking of, box score had 1 point for Burroughs, 3 for Farmer, and 0 for Christopher. Bad shooting night, or shutdown D?

Wasn't a bad shooting night for the guards. They didn't shoot!! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Christopher missed one 3 and didn't shoot the rest of the night.

Burroughs missed two 3's and didn't shoot the rest of the night until she scored a layup, was fouled and the refs made a horrible call that the foul was on the floor!!!!! That was two points that we should have had. She didn't shoot the rest of the night.

Farmer shot a couple and made one 3 which was sweet.

Sara came through with a couple 3's that kept us close all night!! Boy are they going to miss her next year!

You could clearly tell that the coaches didn't have the team ready to play. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> When you have the talent WC has.....the coaches have to step up and take the blame. As for people wondering about chemistry????? That didn't lose the game. The coaches never play the right combination of players. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I don't even know the girls that well and would put different combos in together than they do. It is crazy /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

When T got in foul trouble in the fourth, she should have sat until the last two minutes of the game.

The quickness of the guard play could have helped the team tonight, but it was not to be.

Antioch played great defense on our post and said if WC was going to win, they would have to do it outside. Well, you adjust to shooting more outside. Move the ball inside out if the posts are being guarded.

Oh well, congratulations to the 8 teams who move on! Thanks to Wilson County for giving us great games to watch this year. This county definately has the most talent in the state!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MJ AND BEYOND @ Mar 3 2007 - 11:29 PM) 826399022[/snapback]Nice come back - genious!

Did not answer my question though, wha' happened?

It looked like Antioch got to the loose balls faster than Central especially in the 4th which gave Antioch a few extra possessions to work with. The officiating was inconsistent but not to blame the game on them. #10 played an outstanding game hitting bigtime shots. No matter how good a team is you also need a little luck in pursuing a State Title and tonight the luck went towards Antioch. Congrats to the WC seniors for the career they had! Wish they could of ended it with another Championship but nothing at all to be ashamed of. Keep your heads up!

Thanks for calling me a Genious! You've just boosted my ego!

QUOTE(NF4EVA @ Mar 3 2007 - 11:33 PM) 826399027[/snapback]Who cares what happened. What happened to MJ against Clarksville Northeast. From what I remember WC beat both MJ and NE. Yeah central didn't go all the way, but they still went farther than everyone in their district. Shows that they are better than a lot of teams.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(NF4EVA @ Mar 3 2007 - 11:33 PM) 826399027[/snapback]Who cares what happened. What happened to MJ against Clarksville Northeast. From what I remember WC beat both MJ and NE. Yeah central didn't go all the way, but they still went farther than everyone in their district. Shows that they are better than a lot of teams.

The truth is, WC should have gone farther with the talent on this team. Without a doubt we are very proud of the Lady Bear's season and what was accomplished with no returning starters and the season ending injury to Taylor Hall, but this is conversation for next year.

Good luck to the 8 remaining teams, should be a GREAT tourney.

QUOTE(silk3 @ Mar 3 2007 - 11:39 PM) 826399031[/snapback]It looked like Antioch got to the loose balls faster than Central especially in the 4th which gave Antioch a few extra possessions to work with. The officiating was inconsistent but not to blame the game on them. #10 played an outstanding game hitting bigtime shots. No matter how good a team is you also need a little luck in pursuing a State Title and tonight the luck went towards Antioch. Congrats to the WC seniors for the career they had! Wish they could of ended it with another Championship but nothing at all to be ashamed of. Keep your heads up!

Thanks for calling me a Genious! You've just boosted my ego!

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Love it! See you next season (oh, and the genious part was for your ref. of Bud don't you know...)

I still think TJ is Miss Basketball!

Wow tough loss and a shocker. I was at the OVC championship last night and got the call about the loss and i thought it was a joke. Congrats to Antioch they must have played one awesome game. You have to say that Antioch just wanted it more i guess. This team really reminded me of the Los Angles Lakers of a few years ago. The team that signed Karl Malone and Gary Payton and was supposed to win it all. This team was supposed to win it all but something never really seamed to click, you kept waiting for it to be turned on and sometimes youd see that fire and drive other times you wouldnt. You have to say this season was a disapointment but i guess March Madness is already starting. Thanks to all the seniors for a great career at WC, you have done a lot to make this one of the best programs in the state. Good luck to all the teams left!

QUOTE(NeWbLuE @ Mar 3 2007 - 10:59 PM) 826398985[/snapback]I watched Wilson Central put the whoopin on Clarksville NE as a neutral fan...I knew then I would be seeing them in the State Finals. YOU should see the shock on my face now. Like the old saying goes" boy,... thats why they play the game".

GO AnTiOcH LaDy BeArS....!!!

I don't know what whoopin you saw. The score as I remember it was 73 - 66. A win yes, a whoopin, I think not. Oh by the way Clarksville-Northeast is in the state tournament the last I checked. You Wilson Central fans need to stop whining. Sometimes you just get beat. Central is a great team. They just simply got beat by a very good basketball team. It happens, get over it and stop making excuses every time they lose.

I believe this was a real shocker to alot of people especially those who pick the big ones contest..think it screwed up alot of people on that one. thats the way this tournament is one bad game & you are out. antioch just wanted it more this night and they got it. wilson central has had a great team this year and those ladies should be very proud but not bitter at the refs..the refs have be horrible for all of the teams this year as you can tell by alot of the postings. even some of the winning teams have been complaining about the refs.. but you can only play with what you are given for the night and work with it. must have been one crazy game to watch. way to pull it out antioch.

This game was out of control, at least when it came to Central's side. They couldn't get anything going on either end of the floor. They only lead at one point of the game which was the very beginning. I got to give Antioch props for playin hard and more passion than central, but they aren't as good as they played. WC had horrible game and the refs were horrible for both teams but especially for Central.

Coach Brandon look flustered the whole game. I don't think he even knew what was going on and how to handle it. As for chemistry, that wasn't the problem. When your playing for a spot at the state tourney, whether or not you like your teammates shouldn't come into play and it didn't.

In the end, WC played horrible and was not coached well. Antioch played great for them and definitely had some luck on their side because #10 is not as good as she thinks she is. I still got to give it up to Antioch for playin hard and passionate. The only thing is after Antioch won they were pretty disrespectful by making WC wait to shake hands which puts a damper on their win in my opinion.

QUOTE(WCplaya22 @ Mar 4 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826399388[/snapback]This game was out of control, at least when it came to Central's side. They couldn't get anything going on either end of the floor. They only lead at one point of the game which was the very beginning. I got to give Antioch props for playin hard and more passion than central, but they aren't as good as they played. WC had horrible game and the refs were horrible for both teams but especially for Central.

Coach Brandon look flustered the whole game. I don't think he even knew what was going on and how to handle it. As for chemistry, that wasn't the problem. When your playing for a spot at the state tourney, whether or not you like your teammates shouldn't come into play and it didn't.

In the end, WC played horrible and was not coached well. Antioch played great for them and definitely had some luck on their side because #10 is not as good as she thinks she is. I still got to give it up to Antioch for playin hard and passionate. The only thing is after Antioch won they were pretty disrespectful by making WC wait to shake hands which puts a damper on their win in my opinion.

Come on. I am sure that Antioch was merely elated over going to state for the first time in school history. They didn't mean to slight anyone, but were overcome with emotion.

Also, Gunn has played like that all year. This isn't her first big game. Hopefully, it won't be her last. Wilson Central and Antioch played a pretty close game earlier in the year, so I don't think this game is a total abberation.

One more thing, is it possible that Antioch just won the game? Why do have to blame someone for the loss? Coach Brandon has done an amazing job with the Wilson Central program. The refs always make mistakes. Give Antioch's players and coaches there due.

By the way, this same thread could be read last year except it was entitled Hillsboro beats Smyrna.