Did Antioch really beat Wilson Central?

Metroman

ill say this for the storming to court thing it can be stopped. I was listening to an interview with Coach K on ESPN. He said the he has told his fans that they are not to rush the court unless it is for a national championship. He said that by crashing the court you are giving the other team way to much credit. If you watch Duke they dont crash the court after a big win, its just another day at the office unless it is for a championship.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few comments from a neutral fan who watch a great ballgame...

1. Gunn played a great game! She was not a "ball hog." She just made the most of the opportunites she had. IF she couldn't score she gave the ball to either #40 or #44. However, she was pretty effective splitting 2-3 6ft. girls for a lay-up. Plus she taught WC guards a thing or two in ball handling. She can handle the pressure.

2. Antioch cheerleaders did nothing inappropriate. Heck, they only had 4 for the first quarter or so. As far as cheering in front of WC cheerleaders, they were just addressing their own fans. WC cheerleaders should have moved and cheered in front of their own fans.

3. Antioch not shaking hands? How could they when WC players were laying on the floor wailing?! WC made no attempt to shake hands that I saw. They were too busy crying.

4. Antioch has every right to be excited! They were the better team last night and are going to the State Tournament as a result!!!

Just one question for WC... Did they take this game for granted so much that they felt the National Anthem and an announcer weren't needed? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

QUOTE(ballfan @ Mar 4 2007 - 07:41 PM) 826399828[/snapback]A few comments from a neutral fan who watch a great ballgame...

1. Gunn played a great game! She was not a "ball hog." She just made the most of the opportunites she had. IF she couldn't score she gave the ball to either #40 or #44. However, she was pretty effective splitting 2-3 6ft. girls for a lay-up. Plus she taught WC guards a thing or two in ball handling. She can handle the pressure.

2. Antioch cheerleaders did nothing inappropriate. Heck, they only had 4 for the first quarter or so. As far as cheering in front of WC cheerleaders, they were just addressing their own fans. WC cheerleaders should have moved and cheered in front of their own fans.

3. Antioch not shaking hands? How could they when WC players were laying on the floor wailing?! WC made no attempt to shake hands that I saw. They were too busy crying.

4. Antioch has every right to be excited! They were the better team last night and are going to the State Tournament as a result!!!

Just one question for WC... Did they take this game for granted so much that they felt the National Anthem and an announcer weren't needed? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Gunn did incredible & is one of 2 reasons they won the game. [the second being they played better & wanted it more]

Neither team made much of an effort to shake hands, I'll admit that, but it doesn't make it right for either one.

I don't think it had anything to do with taking the game for granted, but I do wonder what happened to the National Anthem.

QUOTE(impossible.is.nothing @ Mar 4 2007 - 04:10 PM) 826399547[/snapback]Dawn is a great player, but I've seen her being guarded by 3 people & wouldn't give the ball up to her team. She is still a incredible player, but needs to work more with a team.

bump

QUOTE(ballfan @ Mar 4 2007 - 07:41 PM) 826399828[/snapback]A few comments from a neutral fan who watch a great ballgame...

you don't sound too neutral to me! Sounds like to me you've already picked a side my friend.

QUOTE(impossible.is.nothing @ Mar 4 2007 - 04:10 PM) 826399547[/snapback]Dawn is a great player, but I've seen her being guarded by 3 people & wouldn't give the ball up to her team. She is still a incredible player, but needs to work more with a team.

Evans is averaging nearly 8 assists per game. That seems pretty team oriented to me. You have right to your opinion and I can respect that but you probably need to see more than a couple of her games before you make that kind of assessment. That statement implies that she is a selfish ballplayer, which could not be further from the truth. Dawn Evans has had 10 or more assists in 9 games this season and has come within 1 or 2 of having double digit assists in 12 other games. If that is not an indication of teamwork; then what is? Besides that, the time when you said she was being gaurded by 2 and 3 people, the coach instructed her to keep the ball in her hands. Being an 84% foul shooter and having the ball handling skills enable her to do that. I don't know about you but that sounds like a good coaching strategy to me. In case you were not aware of it, the game this season when she scored 53 points, she also had 12 assists. It takes an awful lot of passing to put up those kind of assists numbers. How do I know, you may ask? I keep the stats..

QUOTE(swampler @ Mar 4 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826399554[/snapback]That wasn't the only thing. Their cheerleaders would also get in front of the WC cheerleaders while they were cheering instead of waiting for them to finish and then do their thing. Very classless.

wow. ya'll couldnt even box out our cheerleaders. man it was a bad night for ya'll.

Anntioochh!!!! Blue, White! Congrats to the Lady Bears, Coach Coombs, Aigbe, and Brown. Great win! You all are so deservant of this trip to state. Coombs, you've been here through the 2-20-something campaign and have built this program to a state contender. Good luck in the Boro, you've got metro behind you.

QUOTE(moonwink @ Mar 5 2007 - 07:27 AM) 826400208[/snapback]wow. ya'll couldnt even box out our cheerleaders. man it was a bad night for ya'll.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(nununu @ Mar 5 2007 - 07:59 AM) 826400249[/snapback]Anntioochh!!!! Blue, White! Congrats to the Lady Bears, Coach Coombs, Aigbe, and Brown. Great win! You all are so deservant of this trip to state. Coombs, you've been here through the 2-20-something campaign and have built this program to a state contender. Good luck in the Boro, you've got metro behind you.

The Cobras are rooting for the Bears, I mean Lady Bears, in the Boro'. Congrats to the Lady Bears. Bring home the gold!!