KIL JAMBOREE results

$$$ MONEY $$$

Powell wasnt the only one bringing their JV. I didn't realize this event was a fundraiser for west soccer. Is this true? If it is, then the "KIL Jamboree" title is a bit misleading. I don't mind supporting soccer anywhere, but tell me where my money is going. I spoke to some of the officials there and they donated their time which I think is awesome, but some of them didn't know it was raising money for west. Some would have withdrawn b/c of conflicts of interest. Not trying to stir up an argument, just wanting to verify what I heard. I actually think the idea is kinda brilliant on West's part, they must have made out very well.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Mar 4 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826399884[/snapback]... I didn't realize this event was a fundraiser for west soccer. Is this true? If it is, then the "KIL Jamboree" title is a bit misleading. I don't mind supporting soccer anywhere, but tell me where my money is going...

We knew it was a West fundraiser, and I think the West folks who did all the work and didn't charge the teams any fees deserve whatever they made. The only charges I am aware of were entry fees.

Several of The refs needed the scrimmages too from what I saw (although there were some fine exceptions) . As we were leaving, the West players were taking down the nets and moving goals while everyone else was headed home.

It was a good thing for us and sure showed us a few things we have to work on.

I would give an award to the Mom who stood outside in that wind and sold t-shirts.