You all are the experts

GREG141

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heelsfan247 @ Mar 5 2007 - 08:35 PM) 826401183[/snapback]For cleats that will last, I would go with whatever the latest edition of the Predator's are. Those things have by far been the longest lasting cleats for me. I outgrew them before I even came close to wearing them down, that was through high school season and half of club.

are you talking about the absolutes?..i just ordered a pair after i had the puma v-konstructs..for a while..do not get those b/c they break really easily and i had to send them back about 3 times..

If you want something that'll last a while, go with some synthetic material cleats. Something like the total 90's or something. Those things last forever. Leather cleats usually have better touch, but tear up easy and don't hold up well in bad conditions. I prefer leather, but it doesn't last as long and you have to take better care of it.

QUOTE(ah20 @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826401297[/snapback]If you want something that'll last a while, go with some synthetic material cleats. Something like the total 90's or something. Those things last forever. Leather cleats usually have better touch, but tear up easy and don't hold up well in bad conditions. I prefer leather, but it doesn't last as long and you have to take better care of it.

Yeah the Synthetic white beckham Absolutes are great cleats. They arent wearing at all but are easy to break-in. As all predator cleats are

QUOTE(ah20 @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826401297[/snapback]If you want something that'll last a while, go with some synthetic material cleats. Something like the total 90's or something. Those things last forever. Leather cleats usually have better touch, but tear up easy and don't hold up well in bad conditions. I prefer leather, but it doesn't last as long and you have to take better care of it.

I'm not a huge fan of the synthetic stuff, seems the ribbing isn't as strong. I know they are crazy light and come in some "cool" colors, but........I have to go with the puma king classic, all black, keep them clean and conditioned, and they are by far the best cleat I have ever played in. Plus they have a great feel on the ball.

I got the Adidas Absolute TRX fg's last season, and they were alright. I don't take great care of them, but they seemed to have lasted ok. I have the new Adidas F-50 clima cools. GREAT in dry weather, but those little "holes" all over the place make them rather irritating in wet weather. They are holding up great, but don't smell all that good. Can't really clean them. Love the touch, though.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:17 PM) 826401320[/snapback]I'm not a huge fan of the synthetic stuff, seems the ribbing isn't as strong. I know they are crazy light and come in some "cool" colors, but........I have to go with the puma king classic, all black, keep them clean and conditioned, and they are by far the best cleat I have ever played in. Plus they have a great feel on the ball.

I completely agree akula, when im not playing in copas its the all-black kings for me as well. ive played in them every year for about 5 years, alternate between kings and copas. they are extremely similar, you cant go wrong with either. I have had so many problems with other cleats throughout the years and these 2 are definitely the most durable I have had.