A Mr. Basketball updates

IOWNYOU149

QUOTE(mtnman @ Mar 18 2007 - 09:22 PM) 826416815[/snapback]Vandy- how many Temple games have you seen this year? Skogen did not sit against these awful teams until he got at least 20 points. Ask the parents of the kids sat the bench. It didn't matter what they were up by, Skogen (and other seniors) played in the fourth quarter in almost every game.

Again I am not argueing against him, he is clearly the best player in Class A. Not sure how they choose.

I'm pretty sure you haven't seen MJ play....So,I doubt you could say he is "clearly" the best.....MJ didn't have the spectacular numbers because he DIDN'T play a lot in the fourth quarters of games...He actually didn't even play after halftime of a bunch of games because of blowout wins....Had he stayed in to post better stats he would have easily scored 25 PPG or more......MJ was a very deserving winner.......

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(takinit2thehoop @ Mar 18 2007 - 08:18 PM) 826416657[/snapback]All we hear is the same endless chatter about a team, that didn't even make it out of their own region, that is supposed to be the "best in the state". Why can't you just give credit to Temple for what they have accomplished by winning their 3rd Gold Ball in 5 years?

I would agree.

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Mar 18 2007 - 09:22 PM) 826416722[/snapback]If thats real basketball then I'm gonna start watching soccer /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> .......

I was so bored watchin the Single A games....CSAS didn't need to be in the 'Ship......Clearly, the championship was won in the semifinals..... Congrats to Temple, but I would have rather seen Humboldt/Temple in the 'Ship that CSAS....That was a good game....

I agree with you. Friday was the better game.

On the topic of UC being better or Temple. We can't really judge that. Humboldt beat UC. Temple beat Humboldt. But that kind of stuff happens in high school basketball.

To really determine who is better, we would have to see Temple vs. UC, and in that game Skogen vs. Brown. But we will never ever see that happen...

QUOTE(PBG030 @ Mar 19 2007 - 10:22 AM) 826417417[/snapback]I agree with you. Friday was the better game.

On the topic of UC being better or Temple. We can't really judge that. Humboldt beat UC. Temple beat Humboldt. But that kind of stuff happens in high school basketball.

To really determine who is better, we would have to see Temple vs. UC, and in that game Skogen vs. Brown. But we will never ever see that happen...

Don't forget that Union City beat Humboldt by 13 and 18 in the regular season...Don't just go by that one 3 point loss.....Brown vs Skogan,in a one on one,would never have happened....Brown would never have been guarding Skogan,Pat Polk would have...Skogan was playing down low on defense and Brown doesn't post up with his back to the goal.....Brown is a three-point shooter and slasher and cutter....Union City averaged 85 points against Humboldt in three games....Humboldt got caught playing Temple's style in the first half of their game last Friday....Temple didn't have the people to defend the style of offense UC runs...They could not defend the perimeter with Smith and Larson...Not every possession..They would have been liabilities...Humboldt didn't have but three guys that could shoot the three,meaning Temple didn't have to exert near as much energy guarding the perimeter and could back off somewhat to guard against Humboldt's inside guys...Humboldt also played poor perimeter defense against Temple...Temple was able to run multiple sets that got Skogan open off of multiple screens and the Vikings just would not defend Smith out around the three point line.....Union City runs from opening tip to final buzzer with 10 people......Temple plays what seven people??..Only about four of them would have been able to play the pace UC forces you to play for 32 minutes....

I'll give props to Temple for winning the title...But,after now seeing them(Temple) play, my mind hasn't changed as far as who would win a game between Union City and Temple...But as you said...We will never know....Temple took care of their business and UC didn't...

It is easy to talk about what you can do. Doing it is another thing. UC may have scored a lot of points on many teams but it is foolish to talk about what you can do against a team that you have not played. I remember in the past, Temple's boys played Clarkrange, who was averaging close to 100 points a game and thought they were going to kill Temple and we went up there, in their house, and kept to about fifty for the whole game and beat them.

If Temple is so weak and awful and pathetic then beat us. I am weary of UC people still talking about how great they are and how bad Temple is when they have not tipped off with us in the center court. Humboldt thought the same thing.

The lights are on, but no one is home.

QUOTE(mtnman @ Mar 18 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826416815[/snapback]Vandy- how many Temple games have you seen this year? Skogen did not sit against these awful teams until he got at least 20 points. Ask the parents of the kids sat the bench. It didn't matter what they were up by, Skogen (and other seniors) played in the fourth quarter in almost every game.

Again I am not argueing against him, he is clearly the best player in Class A. Not sure how they choose.

There is no way in hades you can prove those statements...ask parent....oh yea there is a reliable resource!!!....i'm guessing you are a parent of a kid who sat the bench???