Liberty vs. Knox Fulton

nebuntyn

QUOTE(Photoman @ Mar 15 2007 - 06:24 AM) 826412547[/snapback]Libery was pretty awsome. Hats off to a great prefomance. I would be shocked if they didn't win the gold. And as talented as they were, I'm just as proud of Fulton for competing on their level in the 1st half. 2nd half was just a combination of cold shooting and being very undersized. Liberty posters were right about owning the third. Your run showed your dominance.

I know this is basketball, but in football it is common for a team to run the ball up the middle to let the clock run and eventually taking a knee to end the game. There are some teams that can be winning by 4 touchdowns and will throw to the endzone trying to add more points. A phrase I heard a lot this week is "Typical Liberty Basketball". My question to you would be is it typical Liberty basketball to keep the starter in the game when you're up by 25 in the 4th quarter? Or late in the 4th quarter and with the game in hand, continue to launch the 3 pointers in the game? Was it a classy coaching call or a players decision to throw the ally-oop with less than 2 minutes to go? Nothing like rubbing salt in the wound to prove you're th better team.... or maybe it was for PR and not wanting to win by less than 20.

Comments aside... Liberty is a great team. Congratulations and good luck.

Coach Williams is one of the classiest coaches in the state. I think that he asks his team to leave it all on the floor. If I was 2 games away from winning a championship, I'd leave my starters in as long as I could to make sure there was no chance at a comeback.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rise n Shine @ Mar 15 2007 - 05:26 AM) 826412520[/snapback]/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> R u serious? These people just don't get it!!!! Liberty ain't goin!!!!!!!! U really think Dyer county can hold them under 25 points? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Yall crack me up!!!!!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Dyer county is babbage and White house was babbage!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Listen Jr., you need to get back to your next period class. I know Dexter and he wants to win, but he doesn't want to embarass DC either. If he lets his Crusaders beat them by more than 40, then he knows it could be returned down the road. We play these teams from the West every year, unlike these other teams. Coach Williams is a class act. Dyer County and White House weren't babbage? They are good teams in a classification with an extremely talented great team.

QUOTE(Photoman @ Mar 15 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826412547[/snapback]Libery was pretty awsome. Hats off to a great prefomance. I would be shocked if they didn't win the gold. And as talented as they were, I'm just as proud of Fulton for competing on their level in the 1st half. 2nd half was just a combination of cold shooting and being very undersized. Liberty posters were right about owning the third. Your run showed your dominance.

I know this is basketball, but in football it is common for a team to run the ball up the middle to let the clock run and eventually taking a knee to end the game. There are some teams that can be winning by 4 touchdowns and will throw to the endzone trying to add more points. A phrase I heard a lot this week is "Typical Liberty Basketball". My question to you would be is it typical Liberty basketball to keep the starter in the game when you're up by 25 in the 4th quarter? Or late in the 4th quarter and with the game in hand, continue to launch the 3 pointers in the game? Was it a classy coaching call or a players decision to throw the ally-oop with less than 2 minutes to go? Nothing like rubbing salt in the wound to prove you're th better team.... or maybe it was for PR and not wanting to win by less than 20.

This is the state tournament. Every team there is qualified and recognized as one of the states best from there region. It is not Liberty's fault that they are that much better, so don't criticize them for winning big.

If this was during the season with nothing on the line, then you might have a slight point. Now is the time to either win or go home. Anyone that steps in the way of these kids on trying to achieve there dream, they should try to eliminate them at all costs.

The pace of game that Liberty plays is a much faster pace. To get them to completely slow the game down, would not benefit them for future games. The regular starters need to go thru the same routine every game to stay focused and conditioned for what lays ahead.

QUOTE(Hater_Nation_Rules @ Mar 15 2007 - 08:09 AM) 826412677[/snapback]Listen Jr., you need to get back to your next period class. I know Dexter and he wants to win, but he doesn't want to embarass DC either. If he lets his Crusaders beat them by more than 40, then he knows it could be returned down the road. We play these teams from the West every year, unlike these other teams. Coach Williams is a class act. Dyer County and White House weren't babbage? They are good teams in a classification with an extremely talented great team.

Exactly.

QUOTE(Photoman @ Mar 15 2007 - 06:24 AM) 826412547[/snapback]Libery was pretty awsome. Hats off to a great prefomance. I would be shocked if they didn't win the gold. And as talented as they were, I'm just as proud of Fulton for competing on their level in the 1st half. 2nd half was just a combination of cold shooting and being very undersized. Liberty posters were right about owning the third. Your run showed your dominance.

I guess you can`t please everyone. Over on the girls board folks are complaining that Gleason went into a stall offense with 6 minutes left in the game and a 4 point lead.

QUOTE(streetballa0322 @ Mar 15 2007 - 01:07 PM) 826412987[/snapback]does anybody know how tall liberty's pg is. Just wondering

I believe he is listed at 5'3". He is getting looked at by some colleges too I've heard. He's fun to watch isn't he? I saw him dribble out of a triple team one game this year by going down to his knee and sliding out.

He was probably remembering a 17-5 lead turned into a 22-17 deficit in the first half. Don't want to embarrass anyone and Liberty's reserves have probably had more playing time than any team in the state, but it's the state tournament against a 30-4 team, the last thing you want to do is let off the gas and let a good team back in the game. And when kids are out ther to play they are going to play. I don't think anyone said let's launch 3 pointers and throw ally-oops, just happened in the flow of the game.

QUOTE(where @ Mar 15 2007 - 01:40 PM) 826413018[/snapback]Congradulations to Liberty on the W. It seems that maybe there aren't any teams that will beat you. We'd love to repay the favor in a few months when football season comes around. the west may dominate in basketball, but we know where the best football is played- the east.

I heard ya'll had a fine knitting team too....one that can wip most any team in the state. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I only say that because there's not a kniting board. I know .....pay back is.....well I guess that's all you got.