GLEASON VS JACKSON COUNTY!

jamieroper

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(milan57 @ Mar 12 2007 - 11:09 PM) 826409777[/snapback]I didn't realize that you have been to all of Anna's games to analyze her high school career. Sounds like there was some jealousy on your part. Who had a clue that people were comparing her to breaking Ashleys record. I sure never said or thought a thing about that cause I didn't even know she had the record or what it was. I'm not going to defend every game of hers to you but I will tell you when we played you last year was probably THE worst game for her. She was very nervous about knowing before hand that a D1 scout was there watching her. Go figure. Not an excuse, just a fact. Were you there when we played AA and she scored double digits most of the time against teams like Lexington, Milan and others(when their starters were STILL in the game!) Oh and yeah, ask your own coaches in your district. Their STARTERS didnt stop her. No one can diminish the great career she has had and will have the next 4 years. A recruiter from the Lady Vols came and scouted her more than once. Sounds like she's a ball player. Anna will be like some of the players you might know. She has every bit of her education paid for doing what she loves, living 5 minutes away from home, and then she'll get a job just like you and me. Oh, and I forgot, Anna's points came from 9th grade through 12th. She didn't get to count her 8th grade year since we have a separate middle school and high school. That might help even things out in your mind. This is my last post because my child doesn

t need me to defend her and I hope that if you have a kid that plays ball you'll think twice about telling things that you don't know first hand. Gossip is a waste of time.

I, for one, heard the talk of Anna supposedly trying to break Ashley's record, but don't misinterpret... Nobody was "comparing" Anna to Ashley. There's no comparison.

Hey guys I've been out of town but I got a few things that I need to say. Here are a few of the pregame quotes of how Gleason was overrated and how 7A is so strong. Looks like 7A is eating alot of crow again. West Tennessee rules once again in there boring style of basketball. 7A needs to go practice.

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Mar 8 2007 - 02:02 PM) 826404876[/snapback]Jim Brown can just about out-coach anybody! If you go in overconfident, just be ready for a scare before the game's over because he's never unprepared.

I think that Frazier showed Jim Brown a trick or two. 7a is weaker than everyone rrealized.

QUOTE(goo goo cluster @ Mar 8 2007 - 02:31 PM) 826404942[/snapback]I assure you Coaching is a huge advantage for Jackson Co. Gleason seems to have more talent. I expect this to be a really good game. It's a tossup but I am for the Lady Blue Devils.

Looks like to me huge advantage to Frazier. tossup? Jackson County scored 6 points in the first half.

QUOTE(SemperFi10 @ Mar 8 2007 - 03:20 PM) 826405046[/snapback]Looks bad for the Lady Blue Devils, right? 5 of Jackson County's 15 losses were against Livingston and Upperman, easily the best two AA teams in the state (both still alive and headed towards a showdown in the AA final) 2 losses were against AAA rival Cookeville, 1 was to fellow district powerhouse and state tourney team Clarkrange, and 5 were district losses in 7-A, arguably the toughest in the state. Their only other loss was by 2 points to a good Moore County team from 11-A. In a CoachT.com strength of schedule poll, which ranks teams according to the combined winning percentage of their opponents, guess who has the #1 ranking?..........Jackson County. Guess what ranking Gleason has in that same poll?.......65th. Guess what Jim Brown's overall state tournament record is?........17-2. That's right, 17 wins and 2 losses. That's a Murfreesboro winning percentage of 89%. Would you want to be coaching against him? Jackson county lost in the finals last year, (by one point, no less) Do you think those same girls who played last year and lost by one point want to win it, and win it bad this year? Last time the year after Jackson county lost in the finals, they went on to hoist 4 straight gold balls.

Looks like we can do away with strength of schedule rankings, doesnt it! I'm glad Jim Brown hasnt played Gleason before or his record might be alot worse.

QUOTE(devilfanatic @ Mar 8 2007 - 07:36 PM) 826405351[/snapback]The problem with your analogy is there won't BE anyone open for her to throw it to! You talk about playing defense? No one plays better defense than Jackson Co. Now there is no question that Gleason has a very good team and even pretty much buried the girls from Jackson Co. including the so called "top ten" people on here, but there will be a game played tomorrow afternoon and i promise you Jackson Co. will be there! We've faced teams from west tn with 35-0 and 36-1 and 34-0 records many times before so its not like they are scared or anthing. They played and beat one of the two semi finalists in AA already this year and came within 2 of Upperman so i don't Gleason will be anything that Jackson Co. can't handle. So in the end i see it as a close game but Jackson Co. pulls it out on a Dyer 3 from half court!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

devilfanatic,

I think we can now agree that somebody does play better defense than Jackson County. 6 points in the first half against a mighty 7A team, I call that defense.

Looks like you were wrong about this Gleason team just like you were wrong about Forrest last year. devilfanatic go crawl under a rock somewhere cause you dont know anything about basketball. 7A is weak.

QUOTE(coach15 @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:15 PM) 826405391[/snapback]The game will be played tomorrow and we will find out which team is better. Gleason has an impressive resume this season, Jackson Counties schedule is probably the worst in the tournament, but they have one thing that a lot of other teams do not..they expect to win when they get to the Boro, not to say that other teams do not, but most teams the first year or two are just happy to be there. This time of year you can throw records out the window, it comes down to coaching and what type of players you have.

I think yall found out what most of us already knew, Jackson County isnt very good.

QUOTE(goo goo cluster @ Mar 8 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826405556[/snapback]Please understand I do not mean any disrespect to coach Frasier. I just think that Jim brown is THE best matchup coach in the state not just A. I think Gleason certainly has the capabilities to win this game but Coach brown may find a way to pull a rabbitt out of his hat.

I think there were no rabbits in this game. Frazier gave JC and Jim Brown a lesson in basketball 101. Gleason just showed JC how to play basketball. 7A needs to schedule harder teams. You might want to call that district down there in west Tennessee where Gleason plays. No you dont want to do that cause they might hold you scoreless next game.

Hey PatSummitt there is no doubt that Gleason had the best team in Class A this year. But there have been plenty of teams that have won the Gold a time or 2. I believe you are showing just how little you know about Jackson Co. BB. This decade they have 3 Gold Balls a Silver and a semi final this year. And until Gleason can get anywhere close to those accomplishments I wouldn't put down JC's program like this year's team was from the sister's of the poor. Yes Gleason totally dominated JC this time but the shoe will be on the other foot, that is if Gleason can make it back /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> This year's JC team over achieved by far and I doubt if there's any other coach in the state that could have taken these girls farther if so I would like to know. Coach Brown IMO is the coach of the year hands down. And no disrespect to the JC girls they played like champions all year. Enjoy that Gold Ball your team deserved it without question. But the old saying..........it's harder to stay on top than it is to get there. We'll see how it works out for you next year.

QUOTE(midtnbb @ Mar 18 2007 - 08:46 AM) 826416089[/snapback]Rocking Chair

Pat is not a Gleason fan. They are a JC hater. Just search their posts and see what I telling you. I agree JC over achieved this past season, and no one would have thought that they would reach the final four in Class A.

Wow seems like Pat coaches every team JC plays. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> To say that someone is jealous or mad would be an understatement. I don't know who Pat is but they sure have a hang up on JC BB so it seems. Well I don't want to get in the middle of anything so I'll graciously butt out.

feel really sorry for PAT she's probably one of the ones JC crushed in one of their 7 of 9 of the past years they've been in state and in final game 6 of those winning 4 in a row.With their success and clarkrange in state action west tn. could teach them nothing so get over it and don't show any more stupidity over the success of 1 year of beating a team thats was rebuilding and over acheiving.AS far as competition JC and clarkrange play one of toughest schedules in state

QUOTE(westtn_basketball @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:35 PM) 826410881[/snapback]I, for one, heard the talk of Anna supposedly trying to break Ashley's record, but don't misinterpret... Nobody was "comparing" Anna to Ashley. There's no comparison.

Hmmm.... Lets see bring it down, head fake, drive right. shoot it everytime, Heck those lady vol scouts could have left after the first quarter. I really think they're looking for a player that at least doesn't have to share district mvp with someone else vs. someone that is ms basketball... give me a break.