Oakland vs. Powell

#1VolsFan

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:57 PM) 826405373[/snapback]Powell has a decent inside game. It's not like they can't get inside baskets. Powell had success inside against both Maryville and Dobyns Bennett, who both had 6'8" and 6'6" posts. In my opinion, Oakland has an advantage inside against Powell, but if the big boy buys a good head fake, he may end up in early foul trouble. Conner and Seymore are both effective inside players. Powell's big concerns should be 1) containing Allen, who is a stud, and 2) limiting Oakland's second-chance opportunities. If, and that's a big if, Powell does those two things, they will have a good chance to win the game.

Man i like that. Go ahead and contain Chase Allen, and forget all bout J-wade.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Mar 8 2007 - 07:57 PM) 826405373[/snapback]Powell has a decent inside game. It's not like they can't get inside baskets. Powell had success inside against both Maryville and Dobyns Bennett, who both had 6'8" and 6'6" posts. In my opinion, Oakland has an advantage inside against Powell, but if the big boy buys a good head fake, he may end up in early foul trouble. Conner and Seymore are both effective inside players. Powell's big concerns should be 1) containing Allen, who is a stud, and 2) limiting Oakland's second-chance opportunities. If, and that's a big if, Powell does those two things, they will have a good chance to win the game.

i see no problem with the big boy inside, i went to the Maryville and DB game and they seemed to hold the inside game down. i dont see it as "if" they will do those 2 things, more of when and how they do it. they have the talent and the coaching to get them the win. they just need to have an on game.

QUOTE(SportsGUY2232 @ Mar 8 2007 - 09:40 PM) 826405641[/snapback]i see no problem with the big boy inside, i went to the Maryville and DB game and they seemed to hold the inside game down. i dont see it as "if" they will do those 2 things, more of when and how they do it. they have the talent and the coaching to get them the win. they just need to have an on game.

You may do well with number 2, but I severely doubt you have much success with number 1

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Mar 8 2007 - 04:30 PM) 826405226[/snapback]For the record, Powell beat Patterson Prep High School out of North Carolina this year. Patterson Prep has one of the better teams in the country and three or four highly sought-after high-Division I prospects, including Jamar Samuals and Marshall Moses. Powell probably should not have won that game either, but they were not intimidated and got the job done. If Oakland wins, it will not be because Powell is intimidated or scared. Powell shot well against Patterson, and can certainly do the same against Oakland. Oakland is not nearly as athletic as Patterson Prep.

you failed to mention that in that patterson game, that patterson only played 6 players, prolly their three best players didnt play because suspension and injury. Plus that was the B Prep team for them. If you are gonna bring that game up, I just wanted to clarify that for everyone. Patterson was not at full strength, much like you claimed Powell supposedly was not in that same tourney when they got beat vs Shelbyville. Again, Oakland will have no problem with Powell.

Guest dare_2_dream

QUOTE(SiegelNation07 @ Mar 8 2007 - 11:10 PM) 826405707[/snapback]Chaisson Allen, on the biggest stage in his high school carrerr, He will play amazing like he does in big games. What sickens me is that he is not up for MR.BASKETBALL, It is dumb that he isnt. He should win it hands down in my opinion.

It's been Mo Miller's trophy to lose since the beginning. Mo is the best basketball player in the state of Tennessee.

QUOTE(tdntn @ Mar 9 2007 - 11:26 PM) 826407000[/snapback]all the murfreesboro calling him "mo" like they know him /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well the most important thing to me is that he may get the Mr Basketball Award but he won't be taking home the GOLD!! TEAM honors over Individual honors in my book....

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 10 2007 - 01:40 PM) 826407307[/snapback]Well the most important thing to me is that he may get the Mr Basketball Award but he won't be taking home the GOLD!! TEAM honors over Individual honors in my book....

truth hopefully its oakland hoisting that golden ball above their heads next saturday

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Mar 9 2007 - 12:36 AM) 826405789[/snapback]you failed to mention that in that patterson game, that patterson only played 6 players, prolly their three best players didnt play because suspension and injury. Plus that was the B Prep team for them. If you are gonna bring that game up, I just wanted to clarify that for everyone. Patterson was not at full strength, much like you claimed Powell supposedly was not in that same tourney when they got beat vs Shelbyville. Again, Oakland will have no problem with Powell.

Patterson played more than 6 players that game, and Marshall Moses and Jamar Samuals played in that game, along with a couple of other players who are Division 1 recruits. Moses committed to Oklahoma State and Samuals is now being actively recruited by Tennessee. You can diss that win all you want -- it was a heck of a win.