How good will Morristown East be?

jacket24

The names I'm hearing at East are Walters State assistant coach Derek Creech and Gary Barnes, a coach out of the Ga. area. If the school system is smart, they'll take Creech because of his ability to relate to young players, his work ethic and his knowledge of the game. Plus, I know that his family and his wife's family are in the Morristown area and he wouldn;t up and move like other coaches......like a Barnes would after a few years.

On the West coaching front......my money's on assistant coach Tracy Beets.....he's a great fit for the West system. He knows the game of basketballl. One can't look at his record while at West Greene (lack of talent), With Creech at East and Beets at West, basketball in Morristown would quickly rise to the top of the IMAC and East Tennessee.

OUT!

QUOTE(DodgerSS @ Mar 16 2007 - 09:28 AM) 826414075[/snapback]The names I'm hearing at East are Walters State assistant coach Derek Creech and Gary Barnes, a coach out of the Ga. area. If the school system is smart, they'll take Creech because of his ability to relate to young players, his work ethic and his knowledge of the game. Plus, I know that his family and his wife's family are in the Morristown area and he wouldn;t up and move like other coaches......like a Barnes would after a few years.

On the West coaching front......my money's on assistant coach Tracy Beets.....he's a great fit for the West system. He knows the game of basketballl. One can't look at his record while at West Greene (lack of talent), With Creech at East and Beets at West, basketball in Morristown would quickly rise to the top of the IMAC and East Tennessee.

OUT!

Thats Funny. Morristown basketball at the top.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(DodgerSS @ Mar 16 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826414075[/snapback]The names I'm hearing at East are Walters State assistant coach Derek Creech and Gary Barnes, a coach out of the Ga. area. If the school system is smart, they'll take Creech because of his ability to relate to young players, his work ethic and his knowledge of the game. Plus, I know that his family and his wife's family are in the Morristown area and he wouldn;t up and move like other coaches......like a Barnes would after a few years.

OUT!

Haven't heard about East yet, but Tony Gordon was put in at West according to what I've seen...as far as Creech...maybe, but who knows really? I think he'd do fine.

As far as the Morristown b-ball being at the top of the IMAC and East Tennessee, that sounds like something a know-nothing homer like Brian Trent would say. Until Maryville, Science Hill, D-B and the Chattanooga schools get shifted to surrounding states or the midstate, Morristown East and West will be relegated to being competitive, but not championship caliber.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(KevB1990 @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:26 AM) 826426484[/snapback]Haven't heard about East yet, but Tony Gordon was put in at West according to what I've seen...as far as Creech...maybe, but who knows really? I think he'd do fine.

As far as the Morristown b-ball being at the top of the IMAC and East Tennessee, that sounds like something a know-nothing homer like Brian Trent would say. Until Maryville, Science Hill, D-B and the Chattanooga schools get shifted to surrounding states or the midstate, Morristown East and West will be relegated to being competitive, but not championship caliber.

is there any update on who the new coach will be? and morristown east might suprise some people next year because they have quite a bit of talent returning...well all of it is because they only lose one player