Jackson Co vs Gleason updates

timbdp

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 9 2007 - 05:40 PM) 826406577[/snapback]well..so far the last 2 games for gleason have been gimme's...i sure hope oliver springs keeps it within 10

I don't... I hope Gleason gets beat by 30 just because of fans like you....... Arrogance is what makes people not like a team at all...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Oliver Springs can beat Gleason, nor could they have beaten 3 or 4 other teams from Gleason's region. But, if the West doesn't win the majority of the balls, both sides of the tournament included, it will be a first in the last few years. You are probably counting DII in your equation, but over here we don't. No matter who wins, it is just an accomplishment to get there. Good Luck.

QUOTE(handyy @ Mar 9 2007 - 06:04 PM) 826406589[/snapback]I don't... I hope Gleason gets beat by 30 just because of fans like you....... Arrogance is what makes people not like a team at all...

HA!...I'm not even a Gleason fan...maybe your just an upset Jackson Countian...don't forget pal the truth hurts and arrogance is all over the state not just on a few teams..I could name several year after year after year that are arrogant about the way they win...I wasn't trying to be arrogant I was just hoping that this game WOULD be closer than the past few they've had...the state tournaments are supposed to be a tournament among the top 8 teams from each region...Gleason has not yet been challenged in this tournament!!! If Gleason loses tomorrow as I doubt they will...I'll eat up everything I have said and Congratulate OS on beating the best team in the state.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(Hater_Nation_Rules @ Mar 9 2007 - 06:07 PM) 826406591[/snapback]I don't think Oliver Springs can beat Gleason, nor could they have beaten 3 or 4 other teams from Gleason's region. But, if the West doesn't win the majority of the balls, both sides of the tournament included, it will be a first in the last few years. You are probably counting DII in your equation, but over here we don't. No matter who wins, it is just an accomplishment to get there. Good Luck.

I'll give it to you folks...East TN is more dominant in girls basketball..However the west dominates in guys basketball...Gleason is a team from the west that has been to the state several times and only won it twice...this is their year and I expect them to bring back a gold ball to the west...I don't really keep up with DII as I don't even know where the closest DII school is..somewhere in Memphis I suppose...but anyhow kudos to your girls basketball in East TN as it IS more dominant on that side of the state!!

QUOTE(gcfan2 @ Mar 9 2007 - 04:05 PM) 826406520[/snapback]Good luck Gleason...sorry to hear about TCA or we could have had another all west tennessee single A final....lets see what happens tomorrow???

that hasn't happened in a lot of years and uppercumberland teamswere way down this year and gleasn has the best D in the state

I dont think that either game Gleason played was a gimmie, we were out on the floor just like the other teams, at this point in the season, any team can win. We just came out ready to play. Dont down our team and fans for being arrogant, most of the replies are from non Gleason fans. We are proud of the way our girls have handled the pressure of each game. We too are made up of 2 Freshman, 1 junior and 2 seniors, our first 2 subs on the floor are Freshman. Grade does not matter when you play ball, as long as you play as a team. Our girls play with heart. good luck to Oliver Springs, Congrates for getting this far, it will be a great game no matter how you look at it. Regardless of who wins, the worst that can happen is a silver ball, who in the state would not want to be in that game tomorrow? I would take a silver ball for every year that gleason has made it to the state and not gotten past round one. Jackson County, you and your fans are class act, we are proud of you too, I know that does not help much, but you played a classy game, very clean and I hate that someone had to go home. Good luck next year, I am sure you will be back, yall are truly a classy bunch of ladies.

QUOTE(GHS30 @ Mar 9 2007 - 08:26 PM) 826406729[/snapback]I dont think that either game Gleason played was a gimmie, we were out on the floor just like the other teams, at this point in the season, any team can win. We just came out ready to play. Dont down our team and fans for being arrogant, most of the replies are from non Gleason fans. We are proud of the way our girls have handled the pressure of each game. We too are made up of 2 Freshman, 1 junior and 2 seniors, our first 2 subs on the floor are Freshman. Grade does not matter when you play ball, as long as you play as a team. Our girls play with heart. good luck to Oliver Springs, Congrates for getting this far, it will be a great game no matter how you look at it. Regardless of who wins, the worst that can happen is a silver ball, who in the state would not want to be in that game tomorrow? I would take a silver ball for every year that gleason has made it to the state and not gotten past round one. Jackson County, you and your fans are class act, we are proud of you too, I know that does not help much, but you played a classy game, very clean and I hate that someone had to go home. Good luck next year, I am sure you will be back, yall are truly a classy bunch of ladies.

thanks and good luck to gleason

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 9 2007 - 06:09 PM) 826406592[/snapback]HA!...I'm not even a Gleason fan...maybe your just an upset Jackson Countian...don't forget pal the truth hurts and arrogance is all over the state not just on a few teams..I could name several year after year after year that are arrogant about the way they win...I wasn't trying to be arrogant I was just hoping that this game WOULD be closer than the past few they've had...the state tournaments are supposed to be a tournament among the top 8 teams from each region...Gleason has not yet been challenged in this tournament!!! If Gleason loses tomorrow as I doubt they will...I'll eat up everything I have said and Congratulate OS on beating the best team in the state.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I am not a Jackson countian at all... I do live in the upper cumberland and take pride in the basketball that is played here. Gleason must have some great defense to have held JC to 22 points. But all it takes is one bad night and that is all she wrote. Maybe that night will be Gleason's tommorrow, maybe not. It's basketball, crazy stuff happens. But just because they have been on fire that last few game doesn't mean they are unbeatable, one horrible shooting night from them and one great shooting night for OS may = upset. GOOD LUCK OS take it to the house!!

Good job Gleason Bulldogs, great team effort. Keep it going one more game.

7Awatcher, you're a class act. Auntkim it was nice to meet you. Both of you have a classy bunch of girls who will be back at Murfreesboro next year.

tcaladylionsfan, It was also nice to meet you today. I hated to watch that last 4 minutes. I thought you'll had it. Kayla Christopher is a great player.

QUOTE(senator @ Mar 9 2007 - 08:02 PM) 826406709[/snapback]that hasn't happened in a lot of years and uppercumberland teamswere way down this year and gleasn has the best D in the state

I believe RBS was the most talented in the district, but down the stretch the weak schedule and coaching killed us...I hope our scheduling gets fixed next year...If we don't play better teams I hope we get put out again because that's what we deserve...Until we play a better schedule and play teams that will help us win in the long run RBS will never be able to have a talented team and show what they're made of... /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

QUOTE(GHS30 @ Mar 9 2007 - 08:26 PM) 826406729[/snapback]I dont think that either game Gleason played was a gimmie, we were out on the floor just like the other teams, at this point in the season, any team can win. We just came out ready to play. Dont down our team and fans for being arrogant, most of the replies are from non Gleason fans. We are proud of the way our girls have handled the pressure of each game. We too are made up of 2 Freshman, 1 junior and 2 seniors, our first 2 subs on the floor are Freshman. Grade does not matter when you play ball, as long as you play as a team. Our girls play with heart. good luck to Oliver Springs, Congrates for getting this far, it will be a great game no matter how you look at it. Regardless of who wins, the worst that can happen is a silver ball, who in the state would not want to be in that game tomorrow? I would take a silver ball for every year that gleason has made it to the state and not gotten past round one. Jackson County, you and your fans are class act, we are proud of you too, I know that does not help much, but you played a classy game, very clean and I hate that someone had to go home. Good luck next year, I am sure you will be back, yall are truly a classy bunch of ladies.

You sure are full of yourself aren't ya...You think you know it all and then something comes along and bites you in your rear...Watch out that something just may be Oliver Springs...Congrats to both teams on their wins...