RIVERDALE vs memphis

riverdaleman

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i LOVE our chances in this matchup i saw them playing clarksville NE (a team riverdale had already beaten 91-65 this season) earlier tonight and i thought they looked sorta sloppy and didnt play to well. of course my first impression can and most likely will be very opposite of how they show up tommorrow but based on how riverdale and memphis northside played their games tonight i would give the advantage to the lady warriors. unless there was some kind of mental breakdown or extreme foul trouble i think my warriors can capture the title!

btw anne marie lanning is 4 points shy (996) currently from a 1000 point season so i would look for her to reach that mark about 3 minutes into the game tommorrow, hopefully she takes the ms. basketball title also and most importantly the warriors take the gold ball! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Mar 9 2007 - 11:40 PM) 826407011[/snapback]This is one of the teams i have not seen play tell me about them and let me know how they match up vs my lady WARRIORS

Northside is a very average team to be in the state championship game. THere strength is definately their rebounding. #00 is the key. SHe had probably 25 points and 15 rebounds last night. #23 is there best guard. She can shoot the 3 and is good at taking it to the hole. #24 is their best athlete. She is a good rebounder and runs the floor well. She can take it off the dribble and post up in the lane. Is Riverdale better? Absolutely yes.... Unless Anne Marie goes on vacation the Lady Warriors will be the 2007 Class AAA State Champions.!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Mar 9 2007 - 11:40 PM) 826407011[/snapback]This is one of the teams i have not seen play tell me about them and let me know how they match up vs my lady WARRIORS

Well as a Wilson Central fan, I have to say if we can't keep the Gold ball in Wilson County this year, I'd like to see it in a neighboring county. Good luck Riverdale. My prediction...I think you'll win by 15. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

it diffently looks like 2 different styles of play..i am sure both teams ladies are getting tired they have played alot of ball in the past couple of days so its just going to be who can hang in there throughout the entire game. i do know memphis has one shooter that has a sweet spot in the corner 3 pt range that riverdale must guard or that will be a problem. those three pts can close in on you quickly. but if it comes down to free throws then riverdale will win this battle. congrats to both for making it to the championship..play well & best of luck but do believe riverdale has this one won.

QUOTE(RENO911 @ Mar 10 2007 - 08:59 AM) 826407109[/snapback]Northside is a very average team to be in the state championship game. THere strength is definately their rebounding. #00 is the key. SHe had probably 25 points and 15 rebounds last night. #23 is there best guard. She can shoot the 3 and is good at taking it to the hole. #24 is their best athlete. She is a good rebounder and runs the floor well. She can take it off the dribble and post up in the lane. Is Riverdale better? Absolutely yes.... Unless Anne Marie goes on vacation the Lady Warriors will be the 2007 Class AAA State Champions.!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for the insight

QUOTE(RENO911 @ Mar 10 2007 - 07:59 AM) 826407109[/snapback]Northside is a very average team to be in the state championship game. THere strength is definately their rebounding. #00 is the key. SHe had probably 25 points and 15 rebounds last night. #23 is there best guard. She can shoot the 3 and is good at taking it to the hole. #24 is their best athlete. She is a good rebounder and runs the floor well. She can take it off the dribble and post up in the lane. Is Riverdale better? Absolutely yes.... Unless Anne Marie goes on vacation the Lady Warriors will be the 2007 Class AAA State Champions.!!!!!!!!!!

Northside is hardly a very average team. Sloppy at times? Yep. But they are a very solid defensive team and have as much speed as East did. The difference is in their size, something East didn't have much of. I really can't understand how East beat them three times this year.

The biggest weakness of NS is free throw shooting. 10-29 against Cleveland, 16-34 against Northeast. If they shoot just 65% in the tournament, those wins turn into blowouts.

That said, I do think Riverdale will win the game.

Lady Warriors, you are one step away from doing something no other Boro team has done.....and that is bring home the gold ball. ( Oakland has a silver one.) So.............keep your eye on the prize.....play your style and keep the game in hand. I know you girls are going to BRING it tonight and take the CROWN. Good luck....we are Behind you all the way!!!!! Tell Tinker that I enjoyed seeing him so fired up.......and to keep up the good work.

Riverdale Lady Warriors= Cardinal and GOLD