Coaching change at Science Hill

hightop

QUOTE(hightop @ Mar 10 2007 - 05:10 PM) 826407388[/snapback]I waited till the season was over to ask this question. I heard Cutlip is leaving to take another job. The rumor is and as the old

saying is "from a reliable source" that Brien Crowder is the 1st choice.

I have the most reliable source and the source says with 9 juniors coming back and a probable #1 ranking to begin the season Crowder will be back. However, after next year movement could be a possibility but not in Tennessee. The move will be south and primarily on the beach.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(midstateAPvoter @ Mar 14 2007 - 08:59 AM) 826411324[/snapback]Okay Still don't make sense! He won 32 games.

I would agree with you on that it does not make any sense at all. But we know that coaching changes that have been made in the past don't make much sense. This may just be a rumor, I don't know. I was just asking for some insight.

QUOTE(cornbreadearl @ Mar 15 2007 - 08:54 AM) 826412656[/snapback]Any coach can win 30 a year at Science Hill. That is the weakest region in the State. And since Pitts left it has become political. Its not getting any better they lose their all-stater.

but he is all they lose. they return everyone else. and most of the kids that played this year were sophomores.

• 2 weeks later...

I may be wrong, but i think the reason cutlip is wanting to leave the hill is because all of the pressure he has to deal with year in and year out. Pitts is one of the best coaches to ever coach high school basketball in tenn and the success he had at the hill has spoiled topper fans forever. To me, cutlip cant coach nowhere near as well as duncan of greeneville or even morgan of D-B. That hire had to be very political. Turner probably hired him so he would play his son and some of the kids that wouldnt get to play if bryan crowder coached there. crowder and some of the other coaches who applied would've played the best no matter which kids belonged to who. I do know that crowder's coaching can be off beat at times but he is a winner. the guy has turned two down programs completely around in the last six years whether hes had talent or not. I believe if crowder or even somebody like bill duncan had that job they would have had science hill in the state all three years, because they're winners, no matter how they do it. I do believe that if offered, duncan would take this job, but crowder wouldn't just on principle on how they shafted him last time when he applied. randy ferrel had a big part in crowder not getting the job because of his dislike of the crowder brothers(heard that from a source) But anyway the way i see it, is if science hill doesn't stop being so political in who they choose who their coach is going to be, they will never have success there like they have had in the past. And what somebody has already said in this post, i too heard that bryan crowder was going to leave antioch. That would be a crazy thing to do since he is returning most of his

29-8 team from this year, but there has to be a good reason for it.