1A title game

kartracer4

Embrace "Stall Ball". Its the new rage in Tennessee. Forget playing "modern" basektball on the state's biggest stage- The state championship game. A game that is typcially a showcase game for the state of Tenessee illustrating great talented players and coaches that 110 percent while playing an up and down game of basketball in a closely contested games that leaves fans on the edge of their seats.

Instead, surrender to watching teams ONE LOSS teams with a 2 point lead with almost 6 minutes left in the game hold the ball for 2 to 3 minutes daring the opposing players FROM A SEVEN LOSS TEAM ( albeit against a lot harder competition than Gleason's schedule) come to halfcourt and foul them as they run the game clock off instead of playing basketball the way its suppose to be played.

BTW, What Gleason did in the State Championship game was exactly the reason the NCAA ( both mens and womens) and NBA have a shot clock to prohibit coaches from making a tragedy of the game of basketball. Maybe Tennessee needs to look into doing the same. I guess the TSAAA expects when you make it to the state tourney game ( especially if you are a one loss team) that a coach believes his team can win games without the "gimmick" offense.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(OS91 @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:16 AM) 826408942[/snapback]Embrace "Stall Ball". Its the new rage in Tennessee. Forget playing "modern" basektball in the state championship on the state's biggest state- the state championship game. A game that typically illustrates great talented players, coaches, and players who give 110 percent to play an up and down game of basketball in a closely contested game that leaves fans on the edge of their seats wanting more. Instead, surrender to watching teams with a 2 point lead with almost 6 minutes left in the game hold the ball for 2 to 3 minutes daring the opposing players to come to halfcourt and foul them so they can shoot free throws.

"Emrbace Stall Ball"- Its the Gleason Way! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

"Stall Ball". "Keep Away", "Monkey in the Middle"....We all played these games as kids and IMO it was an unfair game because the taller kids usually win. Not this time. OS had two games to watch Gleason and their style of play. They knew what was coming, Just ask the OS coach. We are both small towns that support our kids tremendously and will defend them to the end. I also think that I did see great talented players in this tournament from each and every team on the floor and can say OS will see great things from Kayla Christopher. She is smooth and will only get better. Sometimes it is a shame that someone has to lose.

Lol, cry ladies cry!! Embrace stall ball instead of pick up, no defense "AAU" ball that OS plays. Congrats OS on being the number 1 losers in the state!!!! I mean "Silver Ball" winners lol! Maybe we should do like the NCAA and only give the real winners a trophy instead of one that lets everyone know that your better than all the other teams that lost their last game too! Go back to double A with your AAU Silver Ball!! HaHa! Maybe we should have run it up and down like Madison did on yall last year when they embarassed you all on the biggest stage!

QUOTE(OS91 @ Mar 12 2007 - 11:26 AM) 826408953[/snapback]Embrace "Stall Ball". Its the new rage in Tennessee. Forget playing "modern" basektball on the state's biggest stage- The state championship game. A game that is typcially a showcase game for the state of Tenessee illustrating great talented players and coaches that 110 percent while playing an up and down game of basketball in a closely contested games that leaves fans on the edge of their seats.

Instead, surrender to watching teams ONE LOSS teams with a 2 point lead with almost 6 minutes left in the game hold the ball for 2 to 3 minutes daring the opposing players FROM A SEVEN LOSS TEAM ( albeit against a lot harder competition than Gleason's schedule) come to halfcourt and foul them as they run the game clock off instead of playing basketball the way its suppose to be played.

BTW, What Gleason did in the State Championship game was exactly the reason the NCAA ( both mens and womens) and NBA have a shot clock to prohibit coaches from making a tragedy of the game of basketball. Maybe Tennessee needs to look into doing the same. I guess the TSAAA expects when you make it to the state tourney game ( especially if you are a one loss team) that a coach believes his team can win games without the "gimmick" offense.

If Gleason didn't have the lead, they couldn't have done it. Give them credit for that and for having the guard/passing skills to do it.

QUOTE(OS91 @ Mar 11 2007 - 04:01 PM) 826408224[/snapback]I'm just surprised Gleason decided to play Gimmick Basketball in the 4th quarter. Its surprising when a 1 loss team decides to play stall ball in the early 4th quarter with just a 2 point lead. That's the reason college and pro have shot clocks. I'm sure the fans, coaches, and media of all teams present were disappointed that Gleason decided to play basketball that resembles the 1940's rather than the 2007. Only vastly untalented teamsshould ever stall. Btw, my post above doesn't lack class. Its dead on. A mighty one loss team SHOULD NEVER stall. Possibly being in a close game with a comprable team was too much for Gleason's coach to handle.

Wow apparently 1940's basketball wins state championships.

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 11 2007 - 08:57 AM) 826407961[/snapback]HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

So what your saying is that a team with the best point guard in any classification in the state and also the best free throw shooting team in the state shouldn't play to their strengths? Go back to your school of 500 kids and whine about that school with 150 kids in 9-12 giving you all a lesson in COACHING and FUNDEMENTALS! If he was a college coach he could recruit players he wanted and could just implement one system and get people to play that style. But in a little school like Gleason you have to change your offensive strategy from year to year. We had to play with 4 14 year olds and 3 good guards this year so we needed to take good shots and be patient and make free throws. And all this shot clock talk is from people that have gotten their brains beat in the last 15 years by teams like Bradford and Gleason that play great defense and don't jack it up like OS. Quit crying about the shot clock and teach your kids how to guard. Go back to double AA where they may not want to guard and can get into "AAU" game with you all.

QUOTE(TheFoxBox @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826408986[/snapback]hey buddy apparently you went to a school with 1 person and no teacher. Gleason has 500 students in K-12 there moron so unless we are using elementary and junior high we have exactly 153 people in our high school and thats an exact number so how about people like you stay off here and quit makin yourself look stupid

I'm from Gleason, I was telling OS to go back to their school with 500 kids. Reread my post

QUOTE(Regal @ Mar 12 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826409004[/snapback]Gleason plays "stall ball" because they can't play "D".

Gleason can't play "D"? They were one point awat from setting a record for least points allowed in a tourney. O.S. was trapping in the half court, any good coach would have ran the same type of offense to wear the other team down. Your job as a coach is to win not play like the other team wants just to please them. I am pretty sure Dean Smith is one of if not the greatest coach of all time and he developed and made the 4 corner offense a success so complain to him about stlll ball but watch out when he slaps u with his NCAA championship rings.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(OS91 @ Mar 12 2007 - 11:26 AM) 826408953[/snapback]Embrace "Stall Ball". Its the new rage in Tennessee. Forget playing "modern" basektball on the state's biggest stage- The state championship game. A game that is typcially a showcase game for the state of Tenessee illustrating great talented players and coaches that 110 percent while playing an up and down game of basketball in a closely contested games that leaves fans on the edge of their seats.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />