1A title game

kartracer4

Lol! Let's embrace the AAU style of Kayla Christopher and Oliver Springs so we can all be win Silver Balls. HaHa!! You're right it was pretty boring watching her brick shot after shot in the championship game and watching Gleason make free throw after free throw without missing. It was also boring to watch the terrible OS defense let those 1940's Gleason players just throw the ball around and to watch Hudson dribble circles around them for the last 4 minutes of the game. Be glad TCA wasn't patient with a lead in the 4th quarter of the semi game and that the refs fouled all their players out or OS would have been listening to the Gleason Gold Ball show on the radio instead of watching it in person!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a break.. all I keep reading are comments like, gleason plays Stall Ball, Gleason plays keep away, Gleason plays Monkey in the Middle, and Gleason can't play defense. News Flash: If Gleason has ball in hand that puts them on offense and the monkey in the middle is on defense. Now, wouldn't that mean if OS could play defense they would steal the ball, trap the offense, or do something to cause a turnover? Maybe the comment should be Gleason beat OS and played very little defense because they dominated on offense. Maybe the reason they dominated on offense was because they were in better shape.

Gleason holds their opponents to 86 pts while scoring 143pts. Now lets do some basic math well at least it is in west tn. It might be a little more difficult for those on the other side of the state. Gleason plays three games for a total of 96min. Gleason 143pts+opponents 86pts=229total pts. 229pts/96min= 2.38pts per min. Now lets assume that half those total minutes are offense. That would mean Gleason scored 143pts/48=2.979 round up 3pts per minute. Stall Ball? I didn't even calculate % of shots missed from the field. Oh wait, we played stall ball. But, even when you look at total pts and total min just how long on average could Gleason have actually stalled the ball? Well I have that answer. It's really very basic, I think even those OS fans can figure this one. OS on defense / Gleason stalling the ball = just long enough to listen to you CRY!!!! GAME OVER Figure this one, stop crying before you tarnish the silver on your ball it's not GOLD like ours.

QUOTE(hooters @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:16 PM) 826409602[/snapback]The sad thing is Gleason didn't need to play stallball. They could've won the game by playing basketball and not looking like a bunch of chickens.

Looking like chickens? They had a 4 point lead with 4 mins to play, OS had 1 foul and Gleason knew that OS had to foul and foul quickly. Hats off to Gleason for being so poised in the last 4 minutes of the State Championship game and for "sealing the deal"! Boy those chickens can shoot free throws!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just one added Note,

h

I just listened to the replay of the game on the radio. Gleason still won the Gold ball, Kayla Hudson Still Got Miss Basketball, Kayla Hudson still MVP, Kayla, Candace, & Jenna still on the all tournament team, and our cheerleaders got Spirit Award.

Well that's about it. No wait, I'm sorry, I left something out. OS your ball is still SILVER. But, if you keep crying about our style of ball I'm it will be a tarnish Silver before long.

PS. For a buck fifty U can buy a can of Gold Paint at Wal-Mart if it will make you feel any better.

QUOTE(hooters @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:28 PM) 826409624[/snapback]They stalled the ball for the final nine minutes of the contest. they took one shot during that time. They were scared to play basketball the way it's meant to be played. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken. Not the players fault, they did what the coach said but who wants to be remembered for stalling their way to a title.

You must have diarrhea of the mouth because everytime you open it S**t flies out. Diarrhea. Diarrhea. Diarrhea. How did they hold it the last 9 minutes when they were down at one point in the 4th quarter. Bow down and honor the champs diarrhea boy!

QUOTE(hooters @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:32 PM) 826409626[/snapback]I'm surprised they didn't start stalling when they took the 5-0 lead. Chicken. Chicken. Chicken.

Gleason should change their name to KFC High School and their battle cry could be WE DO CHICKEN RIGHT!

Hooters, please give me your address I will send you the buck fifty for the gold paint.

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:32 PM) 826409629[/snapback]You must have diarrhea of the mouth because everytime you open it S**t flies out. Diarrhea. Diarrhea. Diarrhea. How did they hold it the last 9 minutes when they were down at one point in the 4th quarter. Bow down and honor the champs diarrhea boy!

You dumba$$. Gleason led by two entering the fourth quarter and never trailed. I guess all that stall ball has slowed your brain.

QUOTE(bulldawg-fan @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:36 PM) 826409634[/snapback]Hooters, please give me your address I will send you the buck fifty for the gold paint.

Give me your address and I'll send you $20 for a bucket of CHICKEN.

Gleason Basketball- WE DO CHICKEN RIGHT!