best player

bc24

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get on here to see who everyone thinks is the best player in Tennessee and I click on it and see bashing of players. Granted, Christopher might have not been there when she needed to be in the championship game and Hudson was, but I still don't see any need to down a player no matter what the circumstances are.

Christopher took open shots all night and came up short for much of the evening on Saturday. IMO, it was a combination of good defense and playing her third game in four days. Normally, she buries those pull-up 15-foot jumpers. IMO Glory Johnson from Webb is the best with Christopher right up there. She'll end up at a D-I school in a couple of years.

I also liked the Hudson girl on Saturday. She is simply a great shooter that you can't leave open. Plus, who else in America at any level is a better free throw shooter? There's not many that's for sure.

Theres several good players. I think Glory Johnson is the best athlete in the state. I think Kayla HUdson is the best overall and best all around player in the st ate. I think Lanning is also one of the best in the stata but I am not going to forget Jenkins from Wilson Central. She is the best AAA all around player. Everyone seemed to kind of leave her out because her team didn't make it to state. She is truly good.

QUOTE(postup00 @ Mar 12 2007 - 07:08 AM) 826408654[/snapback]Theres several good players. I think Glory Johnson is the best athlete in the state. I think Kayla HUdson is the best overall and best all around player in the st ate. I think Lanning is also one of the best in the stata but I am not going to forget Jenkins from Wilson Central. She is the best AAA all around player. Everyone seemed to kind of leave her out because her team didn't make it to state. She is truly good.

You must keep everything in proper perspective. Hudson is a very good player.......for single A. She deserves all the attention she receives. However, could she guard Dawn Evans,or Carolyn Aldridge or Tara Davis? Doubt it. Also, they all could easily guard her, as could a 6-2 Glory Johnson. Aldridge is the best player people didn't get a chance to see much of outside of metro and on a good AAA team would be mentioned for Miss Bkbl.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Mar 12 2007 - 07:33 AM) 826408709[/snapback]You must keep everything in proper perspective. Hudson is a very good player.......for single A. She deserves all the attention she receives. However, could she guard Dawn Evans,or Carolyn Aldridge or Tara Davis? Doubt it. Also, they all could easily guard her, as could a 6-2 Glory Johnson. Aldridge is the best player people didn't get a chance to see much of outside of metro and on a good AAA team would be mentioned for Miss Bkbl.

We heard the same thing about a 5'4 Gleason point guard in 1999 when she won miss basketball in single A. That she couldn't guard those big ol' double and triple A girls. She just started 4 years at Vanderbilt, was all SEC, won an SEC Championship, a Gold medal for the US in the junior olympics and finished with several all time records at Vanderbilt. Don't be so sure those big girls can guard those little guards that know how to play.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826408709[/snapback]You must keep everything in proper perspective. Hudson is a very good player.......for single A. She deserves all the attention she receives. However, could she guard Dawn Evans,or Carolyn Aldridge or Tara Davis? Doubt it. Also, they all could easily guard her, as could a 6-2 Glory Johnson. Aldridge is the best player people didn't get a chance to see much of outside of metro and on a good AAA team would be mentioned for Miss Bkbl.

I think you are referring to Carolyn Mills of Nashville Glencliff. Alridge played there almost two decades ago. And went on to star at TSU and win an OVC title there.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826408709[/snapback]You must keep everything in proper perspective. Hudson is a very good player.......for single A. She deserves all the attention she receives. However, could she guard Dawn Evans,or Carolyn Aldridge or Tara Davis? Doubt it. Also, they all could easily guard her, as could a 6-2 Glory Johnson. Aldridge is the best player people didn't get a chance to see much of outside of metro and on a good AAA team would be mentioned for Miss Bkbl.

I think you are referring to Carolyn Mills of Nashville Glencliff. Alridge played there almost two decades ago. And went on to star at TSU and win an OVC title there.

QUOTE(nevergiveup @ Mar 11 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826408597[/snapback]I get on here to see who everyone thinks is the best player in Tennessee and I click on it and see bashing of players. Granted, Christopher might have not been there when she needed to be in the championship game and Hudson was, but I still don't see any need to down a player no matter what the circumstances are.

I agree we dont need to be bashing kids because remember they are just kids .....as far as Christopher goes she just had a bad night in the championship game but guess what even the pros have bad games so lets not get on here and bash these kids

I didn't see the game but I do know Christopher is just a sophomore. All I can say is watch out basketball world if she continues to refine her game. I don't know what year the Hudson girl is but it sounds like she is pretty darn good. Congrats to these two teams for outstanding seasons.

QUOTE(givbakr2 @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:48 AM) 826408813[/snapback]I think you are referring to Carolyn Mills of Nashville Glencliff. Alridge played there almost two decades ago. And went on to star at TSU and win an OVC title there.

Thanks for the correction. We(JPII) have played against Carolyn 5 times the past 2 years and in another situation would've been all state. As for Aldridge, 20 years ago I was coaching juco and watched her play many times and was better than anyone we've mentioned! Obviously she's stuck with me this long.

QUOTE(10teamdistrictisajoke @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:29 AM) 826408786[/snapback]We heard the same thing about a 5'4 Gleason point guard in 1999 when she won miss basketball in single A. That she couldn't guard those big ol' double and triple A girls. She just started 4 years at Vanderbilt, was all SEC, won an SEC Championship, a Gold medal for the US in the junior olympics and finished with several all time records at Vanderbilt. Don't be so sure those big girls can guard those little guards that know how to play.

Ashley was a tremendous player and a fine person that accomplished great things but don't make that stretch. Kayla is going to a great program where she'll get an opprotunity to play one day as Union routinely is a top 5 NAIA program. I've seen plenty of A kids that can play with AAA kids. My only response was to the statement that she was the best player in the state. I guarantee she hasn't seen the likes of Glory Johnson in A ball.