Best sophmore in the state of tn

siegelrep

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen the Halls catcher play and agree that he is going to make a solid player over the next few years. Ross Hollins from Gallatin has to be at the top of the list. He has been playing steadily since halfway through his Freshman year (which was a senior laden team) and continues to get better. He blasted two out this weekend in the Rebel Classic in Manchester. He starts CF for Gallatin and bats in the three hole; he also has very good wheels. As far as the college letters go, Johndoe, i have read a personal letter that a friend of mine recieved when he was a sophomore from a D1 school. It was strictly a recruiting letter that showed baseball interest from a coach of the school, not one of the thousands of advertizing letters.

I have to say Jacob Davis left handed pitcher, real good o-fielder plenty of speed and the best first baseman I have seen through out the years. (not playing first now need the speed in outfield) Batting 404 right now in leadoff for Forrest. With a little more height and weight he'll only improve. Has the baseball smarts needed(except the head first slide) not a good idea for pitchers.

Seth Brothers for Forrest is doing a great job at second base. (heck of a catcher also great pop time)

Colin Henson doing is a bang up job at short stop has dug some deep in the hole to make some great plays too.

I also have to agree that Summertowns super sophs great ball players fun to watch good ball players all around.

coltan speed! awesome name but ive never seen him. i saw the hollins kid play and he'll make a really good player one day. but i did see the catcher for gallatin this year. the kid was a stud behind the plate an he takes massive hacks at the plate. he was number 5 an he had a funny last name. dont know what it is but i believe it starts with a b. Gallatins future looks bright with these two only bein sophs. has anyone else seen these kids??

QUOTE(Smalls619 @ Apr 11 2007 - 12:01 AM) 826434559[/snapback]Johnny Newsom is a pretty good sophmore out of Clarksville. Had a strong freshmen year and is having a better sophmore year, keep a look out for his name over the next 2 years.

I agree with you on Johnny Newsom. He is now well over 400, and has 6 homeruns. Comming off of a great freshman campaign where he was the only freshman on the all district 10AAA team hitting 440 with 4 homeruns