3. Ooltewah

4. Notre Dame

5. CCS

6. Soddy-Daisy

7. CSAS

8. McMinn County

9. Red Bank

10. Grace

This was just released today by chattanoogan.com. Looks like a good poll that was voted on by the ones that should know best. To read the full article go to their website. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chattanoogan.com always does a good job with their polling of coaches. Not surprised to see McCallie ranked #1 for the start of the season since they are full of seniors on their roster and they have some great players. I am very pleased to see the coaches think that Baylor comes in 2nd this soon. We lost 11 seniors and two players moved that were starters...so that is 13 players gone from last years roster. We have a young but talented team. Tomorrow night will be a good early test with McMinn who is ranked eighth in the poll. Really looking forward to getting the season started and pulling for my Red Raiders! Good luck to all.

Glad to see Red Bank listed in the top 10. Anything can happen but it is good that the Chatt coaches think we belong before the season gets underway. We get a real tough test Thursday against McCallie at Red Bank so we'll see. Baylor lost alot but obviously they keep good players and McCallie is loaded with seniors. But as we all know anything can happen. Go Lions!

QUOTE(jon26 @ Mar 12 2007 - 12:05 PM) 826409097[/snapback]Chattanoogan.com Preseason Coaches Poll:

1. McCallie

2. Baylor

3. Ooltewah

4. Notre Dame

5. CCS

6. Soddy-Daisy

7. CSAS

8. McMinn County

9. Red Bank

10. Grace

This was just released today by chattanoogan.com. Looks like a good poll that was voted on by the ones that should know best. To read the full article go to their website. What are your thoughts?

Looks a little out of order

Top ten scores from Tuesday:

CCS 3 Sweetwater 1

McCallie 9 Christian Heritage 0

CSAS 2 Red Bank 1

Ooltewah 2 Grace 1

McMinn Co. 1 Baylor 1

Soddy ? Notre Dame ?

Questions: (I know it is early but)

Is Ooltewah ranked too high?

Soddy-ND will tell us how good ND is.

Is McMinn Co as good as Baylor?

Top ten scores from Tuesday:

CCS 3 Sweetwater 1

McCallie 9 Christian Heritage 0

CSAS 2 Red Bank 1

Ooltewah 2 Grace 1

McMinn Co. 1 Baylor 1

Soddy ? Notre Dame ?

Questions: (I know it is early but)

Is Ooltewah ranked too high?

Soddy-ND will tell us how good ND is.

Don't know about Ooltewah but they do have some strong players. As for McMinn Co hats off to them...I believe it is the first time they have scored on Baylor. They scored in the first 2 minutes of the game and as their coach said on the Chattanoogan.com they had to hang on and play defense the rest of the game for the tie. Baylor did not get anything going until the 2nd half and then they totally dominated play but only found the net once. Out shot McMinn 15-6. It was also hard to adjust to playing on a football size field instead of a full size field. Again, congrats to McMinn for the tie. But if you saw the game you would know have the answer to your question.

You are quite right about what happened in the reion finals with Notre Dame and CSAS, but the large majority of people who had seen both teams play thought the game was an upset. Also, 4 of the 6 teams ranked higher than CSAS are from other divisions, so saying CSAS got the farthest in the state tournament is not exactly true because there is no direct comparison. I think that the rankings are pretty good as of now, but we will just have to wait and see if any teams slip from how they are expected to do this season.

Don't know about Ooltewah but they do have some strong players. As for McMinn Co hats off to them...I believe it is the first time they have scored on Baylor. They scored in the first 2 minutes of the game and as their coach said on the Chattanoogan.com they had to hang on and play defense the rest of the game for the tie. Baylor did not get anything going until the 2nd half and then they totally dominated play but only found the net once. Out shot McMinn 15-6. It was also hard to adjust to playing on a football size field instead of a full size field. Again, congrats to McMinn for the tie. But if you saw the game you would know have the answer to your question.

Just so you know. #1While our field is not the best in the Chatt. area, it is larger than some. It is actually 62 by 115--not as large as Baylor's 75 by 120--so it is not a "football size field". #2. Our starting sweeper--Stephen Stansell--was out. And we had several "minor" injuries during the match (which happens)-- so we had to make several adjustments during the match. So what i told the chattanoogan was true--do to the circumstances of the above--we had to hang on and play defense. I was very proud of our effort and pleased with the result. We may not be as "good as Baylor". However, all that matters is that we were as good as Baylor on March 13th.