Homerun Hitters - Beech Playday

mamabear

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(iknowsoftball @ Mar 12 2007 - 04:40 PM) 826409327[/snapback]What does it matter who the homerun hitters were? Sounds like somone wants a little attention, seeing as how you just joined today? Why do homerun hitters want people to know who they are? the end result will just be coaches knowing who you are and pitching around you........

Hey iknowsoftball, shut it! It doesn't look like you've been on here too long either.This is for the girls to get a little exposure, not for someone to get attention. Chill out.

QUOTE(bella444 @ Mar 12 2007 - 05:51 PM) 826409375[/snapback]Hey iknowsoftball, shut it! It doesn't look like you've been on here too long either.This is for the girls to get a little exposure, not for someone to get attention. Chill out.

I think it is called publicity on here, exposure happens on the field. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(Best @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:58 PM) 826409669[/snapback]Exposure and publicity to who? Other parents whose kids play softball? Other high school coaches? College coaches dont read this gossip column.

I believe I said exposure happens on the field...................

Good, underexposed players can always sign with two-year colleges, and move up after two years or one if a transfer can be worked out. I think saying who's hitting and throwing well is okay on here, just nothing specific such as what the batter likes, or what a pitcher can and can't throw well, etc. It's not much different than the box scores, at least what's in the Chattanooga paper and Chattanoogan online, and the Chattanooga paper publishes stats starting a few weeks into the season.

QUOTE(Best @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826409728[/snapback]Yep, exposure happens on the field. Or it is supposed to. I just wish it happened more during high school softball. The only college coaches seem to be at high level ASA travel tournaments. I know one or two Jr. college coaches may be around or coaches from local NAIA schools but rarely does one see D-I coaches in the stands watching our girls.

I have seen Ralph and Karen Weekly at many many Soddy Daisy games.

QUOTE(youwilneverno @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:07 AM) 826409948[/snapback]I have seen Ralph and Karen Weekly at many many Soddy Daisy games.

As well they should, a lot of talent there..........

Question, wasn't the 2nd baseman last year going to UT? Did she change her mind or redshirt?

QUOTE(youwilneverno @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:07 AM) 826409948[/snapback]I have seen Ralph and Karen Weekly at many many Soddy Daisy games.

It helps that they live in that area when they're not in Knoxville. That's a good situation, getting to see quality games and players, from Soddy and from a lot of their opponents, just down the street basically.

QUOTE(headinghome @ Mar 13 2007 - 10:45 PM) 826411015[/snapback]Question, wasn't the 2nd baseman last year going to UT? Did she change her mind or redshirt?

Where is Kaci Cooper? For that matter where is Natalie Weissinger? Both were going to UT, or were. I thought. I guess if you red shirt they dont put your name on the roster.

http://utladyvols.cstv.com/sports/w-softbl...softbl-mtt.html