Tournament of champions

uncfan09

i was watching t.v. the other day and i saw that a high school basketball game was on and during the game they started talking obout how New Jersey has a state tournament that is kind of like how tssaa has the football set up with like i think it was 8 diff classes and then the state champs in those 8 dif classes all play to see who is best in the whole state i like the idea and i think that it might be sumthing for the tssaa to look into doing here

if it aitn broke dont fix it..i like our system and the way our playoffs and state chams are declared (public private is probably everyones only real debate) but our playoffs and state championship is fine....here is the excuse when the small school beats the big school...well we were so beat up after this game that we were wore out

QUOTE(uncfan09 @ Mar 13 2007 - 03:56 PM) 826410486[/snapback]well i just think that i would be kool to see who the best in the state were not just in there class

Mississippi is doing that this year. It starts this Thursday in Tupelo. This year, 5A gets the first round off and the format is 4A vs. 1A, 2A vs. 3A on Thursday for both boys and girls then Friday is the Semifinals and the finals are on Saturday to crown the overall state champion. It's been like 30 something years I think since they had this and everyone is excited that it's back. I can't wait to get over to Tupelo to check it out. Maybe I'll see some of you all there. They may have more details on www.clarionledger.com

QUOTE(coachgat @ Mar 13 2007 - 04:51 PM) 826410536[/snapback]Mississippi is doing that this year. It starts this Thursday in Tupelo. This year, 5A gets the first round off and the format is 4A vs. 1A, 2A vs. 3A on Thursday for both boys and girls then Friday is the Semifinals and the finals are on Saturday to crown the overall state champion. It's been like 30 something years I think since they had this and everyone is excited that it's back. I can't wait to get over to Tupelo to check it out. Maybe I'll see some of you all there. They may have more details on www.clarionledger.com

I was wrong on the pairings, 1A will play 2A, 3A will play 4A and 5A advances to the semifinal round. Sorry about that. See ya there!

Sounds interesting..something 2 think about...why be so closed minded riverdaleman?? Change is good in some cases, I do believe that is similiar to the NCAA tournament..they take division champs along w/ the best and put them all up against each other.. gives em all a chance to say they were the best!! only thing is NCAA is nationwide instead of just statewide, but same concept.