TSSAA 9 Game Season Proposal

riverrat

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(riverrat106 @ Mar 13 2007 - 09:59 AM) 826410139[/snapback]I think this is a bad idea.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...321/1006/NEWS17

So do I! If they were REALLY interested they would cut one round of the playoffs instead and cut the amount of teams making the playoffs from 4 to two from each region. Finish the season one week earlier and give both the players and Coaches more time with the family during the Christmas season. Ooooops, that will never happen though as it would take money out of the TSSAA's pocket. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The way they are purposing it there would be one less game for the schools and teams to make some money for the kids.

Maybe it IS time for a completely NEW organization to take over.

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Mar 13 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826410167[/snapback]So do I! If they were REALLY interested they would cut one round of the playoffs instead and cut the amount of teams making the playoffs from 4 to two from each region. Finish the season one week earlier and give both the players and Coaches more time with the family during the Christmas season. Ooooops, that will never happen though as it would take money out of the TSSAA's pocket. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The way they are purposing it there would be one less game for the schools and teams to make some money for the kids.

Maybe it IS time for a completely NEW organization to take over.

I think it is time for TACA or TFCA to take over football playoffs. I think Alabama is considering this same thing. Kentucky has allowed an 11th game. The TSSAA just makes you want to scratch your head and wonder. Well if Football Coaches get together with adminstrators and threaten to or just pull football out of the TSSAA we can force change. Football is the cash cow for the TSSAA. If not we pull out and form another organization.

check out:

http://www.al.com/forums/hsfootball3a/

AHSAA rumblings

QUOTE(riverrat106 @ Mar 13 2007 - 11:37 AM) 826410288[/snapback]I think it is time for TACA or TFCA to take over football playoffs. I think Alabama is considering this same thing. Kentucky has allowed an 11th game. The TSSAA just makes you want to scratch your head and wonder. Well if Football Coaches get together with adminstrators and threaten to or just pull football out of the TSSAA. Football is the cash cow for the TSSAA. We pull out and form another organization.

I like the idea but it will never happen

I thought the dead zone was for family vacation time? If you have a coach who is abusing family time, discipline the coach.

My child is a 3 sport letterman and we have not had any trouble taking desired vacations or spending quality time together.

As a health professional, I question the wisdom of not allowing a "ramping up" period in June for football, so that when practice begins in earnest the boys are more heat prepared. I would hate to see them out there "cold" for more intense training because coaches have a shorter period of time to prepare.

Also, our school offers two weeks of summer football day camps for local kids ages 6-12. These camps are staffed by our head football coach overseeing any varsity football player (usually a dozen) who wishes to earn a little pocket money after conditioning. I assume this employment opportunity would also go away!

I see more negatives than positives with these proposals!

All of this is ridiculous.

Anybody else sense a little hypocracy with dead time/family time when you have more and more school districts going to year round schedules?

And 9 football games? 9?!?!?!?!?!? Boy, can't wait to see what happens when they put together one of their famous 9 or 10 team regions so the preferred schools get a 5 or 6 team regions when they do that.

I wish some school would stand up to Moneybags Carter and friends, start a revolution, get rid of the entire BOC, Legistlative Council, and whatever other ruling body is in place and put some people in there who care about every school (not just 20-30 of them), the athletes, find and train some compotent refs, and not worry only about their own pockets.

Seriously the T$$AA is really starting to get annoying. I think each sport should have their own governing body. most of the club sports that arent santioned by the T$$AA do this. It gives more room for coaches and parents and teams to have a say in things. I mean as long as the schedules dont conflict with the other sports, so we can still have multiple sport athletes, then there shouldnt be a problem. Shortening the season or summer practices etc. should not be even considered. When you commit to a sport you know what kind of commitment it takes and should be willing to go with it. It makes me really mad when people try to go around and change things that are already working and "fix" them with things like balanced calenders and messing with sports schedules. as for the ref comment that wont ever change when you overpay refs or underpay them they dont care they care less when they are over paid though but for a ref there is never a middle salary where they actually do a good job they either get too much or say they dont get enough. The more time you have witha team to get ready and to get the team to work as a unit the better and when teams dont have this time you get bad results and if we have a bunch of crappy teams playing then nobody will want to watch.

people wonder why tennessee football is so lowly regarded! other states in the south are allowing 11 games to be played and tennessee want to just play 9? other states having passing leagues nightly during the summer and have no "dead period" yet tennessee is thinking of doing away with the entire summer? byrnes high school in south carolina has a 7 on 7 scrimmage every day of the week and then travels to major universities for tournaments on the weekend. how can those players not be ahead of players from tennessee when college coaches come recruiting? tennessee is killing the chances for players to better themselves now and in the future with rules like these!

9 games would not only hurt Football but your other sports. I would guess that at most schools the last 2 home games probably pay for most other sports. With 9 games, every other year you will only have 4 home games. The answer is to reduce the playoffs by one game. With the number 1's getting a bye while the 2s and 3's play. If the T$$AA really want to collect another 18% they can have a Thursday night Bowl Game between the 2 4th's at a neutral site.

1) Cuts the season 1 week

2) like most other sports it protects the number 1's

3) does not cut funding at schools

4) It helps with fall/winter sports overlaps

5) most 1st round games are mismatches and poorly attended unless you are DB. Just kidding